Options

Steve Brookstein vs Louis Tomlinson's mum on twitter

Comments

• Options
    misterelimistereli Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say that I didn't agree with his opinion. I don't like the way he presented it once he started talking to Louis' mother. He should have known that she would get defensive, it's common sense. I just don't know why Steve keeps commenting on X Factor if he dislikes it so much. I wouldn't waste my breath and he certainly wasn't paid by any reporters to make a remark this time which is the usual line of defence by his fans.

Perhaps for the same reason so many people here express their dislike for the show, certain contestants etc?? I do not the understand the whole 'say something nice or don't say anything at all' attitude so many people have.

I enjoy venting my annoyance, and just like me, Steve has every right to do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    might be nasty by steve but hes got a point, anyway louis wont need to worry \1 direction will implode long before any chart sucess comes cos that liam seams to have a constant face like a slapped arse cos he was put in a band with 4 other kids he'd never set eyes on & Harrys got the girls swooning and it hardly takes a musical genius to oo & ahh in a 5 piece boy band clutching fists oh so sincerly and band bookends are 10 a penny, i bets simons got a catalouge of babyfaced bookends to choose from when manufacturing the next big teen boyband sensation..

"The Babyfaced Bookends" would be a great name for a boyband!
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say that I didn't agree with his opinion. I don't like the way he presented it once he started talking to Louis' mother. He should have known that she would get defensive, it's common sense. I just don't know why Steve keeps commenting on X Factor if he dislikes it so much. I wouldn't waste my breath and he certainly wasn't paid by any reporters to make a remark this time which is the usual line of defence by his fans.
    That's exactly why he does it - he's a professional troll who throws things out there knowing that someone will take the bait and then he can have a cyber argument and feel all superior. He is beyond pathetic. If not for his X-Factor vindetta, nobody would give him any attention, so he has to keep winding people up for his fix :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aleksis wrote: »
    It's the strange thing about DS. FMs spend the entire series crowing the same opinions over and over; but when someone associated with the programme echoes those opinions DS users instantly jump on them for being bitter, unprofessional, arrogant, jealous, etc. :p
    mistereli wrote: »
    Perhaps for the same reason so many people here express their dislike for the show, certain contestants etc?? I do not the understand the whole 'say something nice or don't say anything at all' attitude so many people have.

The difference between DS members and Steve is that we are anonymous usernames on an internet forum and we aren't upsetting anybody. Steve is meant to be a professional and it's highly unprofessional to go around making inflammatory remarks that wind people up. In my profession there are plenty of people and things that p!ss me off but I don't go around sh!t stirring by constantly slagging people off, when I know fine well that it will upset people. There is a time and a place for venting your annoyance about things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistereli wrote: »

I have no problem with someone saying they dislike something or someone, I can object to the way they express that opinion though. I suspect that if Steve had made it in the music industry then he wouldn't be making these kind of comments at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    The difference between DS members and Steve is that we are anonymous usernames on an internet forum and we aren't upsetting anybody.
    Quite right. Famous people shouldn't have opinions, and if they do, they should only be allowed to express them if they have the linguistic skill to do so in a manner that upsets no-one. Famous people should be seen and not heard, unless they're singing/acting/etc. or uttering bland platitudes about their latest release and how great they think everyone and everything else is.

Who do they think they are anyway? Having controversial opinions. Shocking behaviour. String them up I say.
    I suspect that if Steve had made it in the music industry then he wouldn't be making these kind of comments at all.
    I rather suspect he would to be honest. If he was the sort of person who shut up if it was better/easier for him to do so we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    The difference between DS members and Steve is that we are anonymous usernames on an internet forum and we aren't upsetting anybody. Steve is meant to be a professional and it's highly unprofessional to go around making inflammatory remarks that wind people up. In my profession there are plenty of people and things that p!ss me off but I don't go around sh!t stirring by constantly slagging people off, when I know fine well that it will upset people. There is a time and a place for venting your annoyance about things.

I agree. I was being quite general in my point, which is that DS FMs have huge double standards and gaping holes in their logical and moral codes. :p

Steve has said a lot of interesting and frankly true things about The X Factor and the current state of the music industry, but no, he shouldn't be directing these comments at specific people, and definitely not voicing them at those contestants' families.

Someone on here made a post a few weeks back (can't remember which thread) saying they were sympathetic to Steve Brookstein despite all the flak he got; but after having met him, changed their opinion completely. He was, apparently, the awkward, bitter sh!t-stirrer you see before you on Twitter.

Makes you think: maybe Sharon had a point after all. Dare I say, she could have been right about Dannii as well? :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Now, I like Steve Brookstein. And I like Louis' mum. But which is better? There's only one way to find out...
  • Options
    ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aengil wrote: »
    Oh come on. He tweeted his opinion about Louis' audition - an opinion a lot of people on DS share judging by the comments in the thread about it - and then Louis' mother tweeted to him. He replied. Shock!

It's not like he sought out Louis' mother to have a go at her is it? Sheesh.

Of course he can have an opinion, but once the lad's Mum got involved I would say something like "Sorry, clearly you love the lad and he is probably a great guy but I still believe he isn't a good singer, good luck to him and you though". No Steve comes out with some bile about buying him lots of singing lessons for Christmas instead.

It's called having some class and being a nice person but Steve seems to prove time and time again that he has a nasty streak.

The ironic thing is that Steve moans on and on about people judging him based on how a TV show and the media portrayed him, but here he is judging this lad based on that same TV show and a few youtube clips. Louis is one of the minor members of a boyband he has no more to do with Steve's style of music than Jason Orange or one of the ones no one can remember the name of from Blue or Westlife - Steve isn't picking on them but instead feels it's fine to have a go at the Mum of a losing X Factor band.

He is bitter and sad and I hope someone who cares for him is able to convince him that it is time he shut up and stayed in obscurity where he belongs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clarat wrote: »
    Of course he can have an opinion, but once the lad's Mum got involved I would say something like "Sorry, clearly you love the lad and he is probably a great guy but I still believe he isn't a good singer, good luck to him and you though". No Steve comes out with some bile about buying him lots of singing lessons for Christmas instead.
    ^This
  • Options
    JackieboJackiebo Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Felicity- wrote: »
    Well, Zain is worse I think.
    Watched him on the X Factor Best & Worst Auditions 2010 last night, and I was rather shocked at Simon saying yes. Don't get me wrong, maybe he's just 'timid' and that's why I can hardly hear him sing, ever.

I do love One Direction though :D Still can't decide on the best looking one though.

Well, I wasn't a fan of 1D, but this post got me thinking about why the 5 lads got included in the band.....

Gonna rate them all out of 5 for each of 4 categories (which I think are important to those who make up boy bands) :-

Looks
    Talent
    Personality
    Likeability

Louis: Looks 4
    Talent 2
    Personality 5
    Likeability 4
    Total out of 20 = 15

Niall: Looks 3
    Talent 2
    Personality 3
    Likeability 4
    Total out of 20 = 12

Harry: Looks 4
    Talent 4
    Personality 4
    Likeability 3
    Total out of 20 = 15

Zain: Looks 5
    Talent 2
    Personality 3
    Likeability 3
    Total out of 20 = 13

Liam: Looks 3
    Talent 5
    Personality 1
    Likeability 1
    Total out of 20 = 10

Have based much of this on what I've read from other posters -as I find it hard to rate the 'sex appeal' of kids as young as my son. Doesn't look like Louis did too badly.

Also, Steve Brookstein made negative comments to me about my son (who, yes, I know is a young man, not a boy) I'd (verbally) kick his has-been ass. Big up to Louis' mum for doing likewise!
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ironic thing is that Steve moans on and on about people judging him based on how a TV show and the media portrayed him, but here he is judging this lad based on that same TV show and a few youtube clips. Louis is one of the minor members of a boyband he has no more to do with Steve's style of music than Jason Orange or one of the ones no one can remember the name of from Blue or Westlife - Steve isn't picking on them but instead feels it's fine to have a go at the Mum of a losing X Factor band.

Steve picks on x factor contestants constantly because its the only way he can get some attention.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Rowetta getting extremely annoyed with Brookstein on one of the VT's on X Factor. The more upset she got the more he found it amusing. He seems to enjoy winding up people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No Steve comes out with some bile about buying him lots of singing lessons for Christmas instead.

... Steve isn't picking on them but instead feels it's fine to have a go at the Mum of a losing X Factor band.

He is bitter and sad and I hope someone who cares for him is able to convince him that it is time he shut up and stayed in obscurity where he belongs.
    Oh come on!

First, Louis does need singing lessons. He's clearly not joking about that, or being mean about it even, he can't sing. Just look at the comments about his singing here on DS. He's being slated, in far worse terms than Steve Brookstein has used. He really would benefit from singing lessons, if he and his family are serious about his singing he should probably have had them before going into the X-Factor, and saying so is hardly 'bile'. It's an opinion, and a valid one at that.

Secondly, he doesn't have a go at Louis' mum. She tweeted to him, he replied, etc. That's called a conversation.

As for him shutting up - why should he? Because you personally don't like what he says or the way he says it?

Personally, I don't like the tone of your post. Should you shut up?
  • Options
    ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aengil wrote: »
    Oh come on!

First, Louis does need singing lessons. He's clearly not joking about that, or being mean about it even, he can't sing. Just look at the comments about his singing here on DS. He's being slated, in far worse terms than Steve Brookstein has used. He really would benefit from singing lessons, if he and his family are serious about his singing he should probably have had them before going into the X-Factor, and saying so is hardly 'bile'. It's an opinion, and a valid one at that.

Secondly, he doesn't have a go at Louis' mum. She tweeted to him, he replied, etc. That's called a conversation.

As for him shutting up - why should he? Because you personally don't like what he says or the way he says it?

Personally, I don't like the tone of your post. Should you shut up?

If you can't see that is mean to say that to the lad's mum, twice, then you have different standards of politeness than me. You've edited out my suggestion of a perfectly polite and socially acceptable way to get the same point across without causing offense. Yes its a conversation, but one that he is making nastier and more uncomfortable than it needs to be by being sarcastic rather than politley making his point.

He should shut up for his own good, he is making himself look bitter and unlikeable which is not a good thing if you want the public to buy your music. I said someone who cares about him should do this because they would see how he is damaging his small chances of future success by building up a cyber-record of bile whch can be thrown back at him everytime he tries to relaunch his career.

Feel free to tell me to shut up, I'm an anonymous nobody on a message board, but if you do find out who I am please try not to have a go at my mum if she tries to defend me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Steve but this is the funniest bit.

If Louis' audition had autotune all over it, why would there be two bum notes in the last two lines?

Not even autotune is strong enough for Louis
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a horrible bitter man. I hate Sharon but she was spot on about Steve.
    What's with Steve's obsession about homosexuals? He's always calling that Mirror journalist a queen etc. He acts like a self hating (closeted) gay man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    *Clem* wrote: »
    He's a horrible bitter man. I hate Sharon but she was spot on about Steve.
    What's with Steve's obsession about homosexuals? He's always calling that Mirror journalist a queen etc. He acts like a self hating (closeted) gay man.

The point is I was a fan was on his official syco site as was Welynrose (from the begining).

I went off him when he started to abusive his fans because he was dropped by Simon and took it out on them.
    He has always slagged off DS members calling us numbties (that is one of the nicer words i can say).

Then he had his own site and some of the stuff he use to say about his own fans and other artists was truly awful and coarse.

So when he has slagged me off (i was a fan at one time of his voice ) of course I am going to comment on him as others do on here.

If somebody filled his mouth with cement maybe his wife would get more gigs. He is ruining it for her because she is nearly 40 now and getting on but she does have a lovely jazz voice.

So he spoils it for her and himself being so nasty.

Sharon was spot on him trying to be Mr nice guy being so humble. He was not what he appeared to be and Simon found out later himself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like Steve, i voted for him when he won the X Factor but i dont think the way he goes about things is the best thing for his career. If he wants to move on he should stop talking about the X Factor and concentrate on his music. He complains of the papers writing lies about him and bullying him yet he keeps arguing with them and calling them "scum" on Twitter, of course they're gonna keep writing bad things and concentrating on the negative side of things. As for insulting other X Factor contestants, if the X Factor and Simon Cowell are as bad as he says shouldn't he have a bit of compassion for the situation they're in having been on the receiving end of bad treatment by Syco himself? IMO it seems like he doesnt feel he's getting enough recognition for his music so he draws publicity to himself in a negative way. Its a shame really he is a talanted singer and could have took the positives from the X Factor and built a better career for himself.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve needs to spend one evening in the Loaf Shack. La La La Loaf Shack...

Actually, we'll try a month.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of Brooksteain, but I would be a hypocrite if I were to criticise him considering I agree with him that Louis is a terrible singer and he is indeed a very lucky boy. However, I agree with the above poster who states that he could have just replied to Louis mum stating that he stands by his opinion, but understands that as his mum she is going to want to protect him and leave it at that. Him continuing the tweets just tells me that he is desperate for the attention. For someone that hates the X Factor and Cowell that much, why does he even bother to watch the programme?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, that's out of order Steve...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you can't see that is mean to say that to the lad's mum, twice, then you have different standards of politeness than me.
    No doubt. I value honesty, however blunt, more than I value insincerity personally.

Expecting everyone else in the world to conform to your personal standards of politeness is unrealistic. Calling them 'sad and bitter' on forums as a result is not going to achieve very much. Not to mention that doing so is not particularly polite...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    For someone that hates the X Factor and Cowell that much, why does he even bother to watch the programme?
    Why do people who dislike Steve Brookstein so much bother reading his tweets? ;)

(Rhetorical question, no need to answer).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sharon Osbourne had Steve Brookstein's number way back then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8d4ExlwsA&feature=player_embedded