Options

Frankie still in the M&S Christmas advert

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,665
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just seen the re-jig during a break of deal or no deal and his voice is still in it

Whats the deal there?

Surely they don't want to be associated with him at all!

Comments

• Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd. Considering he only mutters one line and all...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    They are hoping no one will notice it is him, pretty hard considering he cannot sing.. it stands out a mile. Lazy really, just edit his face out, wonder what the legalities of that are in connection to them using his voice???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not changing the voices. They still have James Michael's voice near the beginning and they have Little Mix appearing to sing with The Risk's voices at one point.

Lord knows what they will do with the person who is reinstated.

Probably have Amelia miming to Kitty's voice. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are hoping no one will notice it is him, pretty hard considering he cannot sing.. it stands out a mile. Lazy really, just edit his face out, wonder what the legalities of that are in connection to them using his voice???

His face is edited out but his voice remains and its very very obvious its him

I wouldn't think M&S would want any connection to him

Its very very strange
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe M&S are telling us they hope for a white Christmas and lots of snow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not changing the voices. They still have James Michael's voice near the beginning and they have Little Mix appearing to sing with The Risk's voices at one point.

Lord knows what they will do with the person who is reinstated.

I would have thought they would want no connection with Cocozza though because of the drug allegations

Its strange to me
  • Options
    Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said earlier (puts on sexy Dervla Kirwan accent)

"This is not just cocaine...This is M&S cocaine"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought they would want no connection with Cocozza though because of the drug allegations

Its strange to me
    Well M&S have been dropped in the s**t like everyone else who has to deal with this incompetent production team.

They will probably have to record the whole thing again at great expense.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIx.....

Just Kidding....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get another contestant to record the one line

Its not difficult
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rick_J wrote: »
    As I said earlier (puts on sexy Dervla Kirwan accent)

"This is not just cocaine...This is M&S cocaine"
    Hilarously funny.. very witty and made me smile after a rotten day.

I imagine there will be jibes for weeks over this, the only thing I can think of for the newbie is that they are here today and gone tomorrow.. ie out Sunday.. so the ad will not matter much, however if they are here today and stay til finals then it will matter..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarously funny.. very witty and made me smile after a rotten day.

I imagine there will be jibes for weeks over this, the only thing I can think of for the newbie is that they are here today and gone tomorrow.. ie out Sunday.. so the ad will not matter much, however if they are here today and stay til finals then it will matter..

My point i'm trying to make is

Would M&S want any association with someone with drug allegations?

Theres been companies before who have sacked off an advert because of allegations
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is his voice still in it, he can be seen in it. In the group shot with all the live show contestants, he is next to the boy group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is his voice still in it, he can be seen in it. In the group shot with all the live show contestants, he is next to the boy group.

Whoa someone has made a proper balls up then
  • Options
    Forum Member

You are right he is, someone is not doing there homework properly...

M&S are not going to want to be associated in any way with drugs, they are too much to squeaky clean for that, and image is everything to a company of this standing.. could you see John Lewis or Harrods wanting to get into bed with the X, why the hell M&S did I have no idea.. the ad is not that good, certainly falls far short of previous years ones, big bad mistake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the new ad on youtube does anyone know?

Can't find it anywhere
  • Options
    stoveycatstoveycat Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    The advert we saw last night, still had him in it, was surprised seeing as had read earlier how M & S were rushing to airbrush him out:confused:
    His face is edited out but his voice remains and its very very obvious its him

I wouldn't think M&S would want any connection to him

Its very very strange
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoveycat wrote: »
    The advert we saw last night, still had him in it, was surprised seeing as had read earlier how M & S were rushing to airbrush him out:confused:

The one i saw was during DOND today and in that hes been edited out (but apparently not) but his voice remains
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they hoped no one would notice his voice how very stupid of them..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they hoped no one would notice his voice how very stupid of them..

The one that sounds like Popeye with a cantaloupe up his arse
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently M&S are removing contestants as they leave the show - Johnny and The Risk (or The Riskeys as I call them) have had their solo screen time removed as well, if this is true then Frankie's removal could be nothing to do with the drug use and just because he has gone from the show.

As I said though he still appears in the whole group screen time which would suggest they are not concerned with the associated taint of a drug use scandal.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cowell has obviously already chosen Misha as the winner because she has the star role at the end.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I saw the ad wednesday night after he got the boot and his face was still in it as well.