The Flash UK Pace

Comments

• circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all caught up with flash now, a v good start to the series, better than arrow was after 8 episodes.

really liked the special effects for the mid season finale with flash/reverse flash fight and then eddie the flame guy.

really like grant gustin as barry too, the arrow crossovers being annual thing will help both shows too

futures bright.............but for who?
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

A mix of red and yellow? :D
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Before they showed Wells in his secret chamber with the sult of Reverse-Flash I thought what if whoever in the Reverse-Flash sult is someone new made up for the tv Flash and not any of the other Reverse-Flashs from the comics.

Read allot of fans theories about Wells identity and who he could be. Some think he could be future a evil Barry Allen from the future, a idea I thought of and a character from the comics. The Flash having a evil twin brother in the comics my idea is what if Wells is Barrys twin brother from the future and they did a change to the Reverse-Flash making Barrys twin brother the Reverse-Flash.

With The Flash renewed for a second series I like to see how they bring in The Flashs twin brother in the near future.

Enjoying The Flash series, the mystery behind Wells and looking forward to seeing more of the Reverse-Flash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the bad guys will need more devlopment at some point. random metahumans with nicknames could get old like it did in smallville.

at least captain cold and his sidekick seem to be sticking around for a few episodes.
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all caught up with flash now, a v good start to the series, better than arrow was after 8 episodes.

really liked the special effects for the mid season finale with flash/reverse flash fight and then eddie the flame guy.

really like grant gustin as barry too, the arrow crossovers being annual thing will help both shows too

Same here and I agree.

I expect the mysteries behind Wells and thr reverse Flash to be resolved this season so I wonder where they will go next. As you mention later the simple episodic stories could get quite boring.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell competed in a "see who can chew the most scenery" competition in tonight's episode which is good as I don't like it when shows get too po-faced
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a good first episode back, and nice for Flash not to be up against meta humans but actual criminals who can give him a run for his money (no pun intended)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a good first episode back, and nice for Flash not to be up against meta humans but actual criminals who can give him a run for his money (no pun intended)

The Rogues were always techno-villains rather than superpowered ones
    Forum Member
    So one side of his body was subjected to absolute zero and the other side was subjected to the maximum temperature possible to achieve. How exactly did he survive that?

Since when did he have Superman's invulnerability?
  • Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    So one side of his body was subjected to absolute zero and the other side was subjected to the maximum temperature possible to achieve. How exactly did he survive that?

Since when did he have Superman's invulnerability?

He hasn't. The Flash just heals fast.
    Forum Member
    He hasn't. The Flash just heals fast.

He would have been completely vaporized, there'd be nothing to heal!

I'm going to go with the theory that his suit has special properties to cope with extreme temperatures (similar to the riot shields the police had). Although, of course, the "highest temperature possible" should have vaporized even those, plus the gun itself, of course...

I suppose you can't really apply logic to a comic book universe!
  • Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    He would have been completely vaporized, there'd be nothing to heal!

I'm going to go with the theory that his suit has special properties to cope with extreme temperatures (similar to the riot shields the police had). Although, of course, the "highest temperature possible" should have vaporized even those, plus the gun itself, of course...

I suppose you can't really apply logic to a comic book universe!

I agree with that. Your theory about the suit, however, is the most logical, though a tad "Sheldon Cooper." ;-)
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Barry runs super fast in his normal clothes, they burn up. So the suit is specially made to resist heating up, so maybe it also resist fire burning it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nice to see prison break boys reunited but really quite cheesy aint they?!

i had no issue with ending, he heals fast, which allowed him to survive both rays on him for longer than a normal human would, those prescious extra seconds allowed him to pull off his plan.

they did show him burnt up afterwards.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode this week, with just enough hints to keep you watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was a very good episode i felt,no metahuman of the week just more info on the story we all want to know.

very intriguing now.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, this prison that they keep the bad guys in, how does that work?

No running water, no toilet facilities, nothing to occupy them. They just stand staring out of the door all day in the same clothes as they came in with. No visitors. And this is for the rest of their lives with no hope of parole.

Who feeds them? Who cleans the rooms? Do they get exercise?

It all seems a bit harsh. Someone should call amnesty international. :)
  • MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »

No running water, no toilet facilities, nothing to occupy them. They just stand staring out of the door all day in the same clothes as they came in with. No visitors. And this is for the rest of their lives with no hope of parole.

Who cares (apart from you obviously), it happens off screen and you can imagine it if that is your thing.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »

I do wonder that myself sometimes, but not enough to distract me from the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think the poster was joking.
  • MassiveDynamicsMassiveDynamics Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure we get to that stuff soon enough. Maybe in next weeks episode.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares (apart from you obviously), it happens off screen and you can imagine it if that is your thing.
    It bothers me, too. It doesn't work, basically. Not just impractical but inhumane.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    brangdon wrote: »
    It bothers me, too. It doesn't work, basically. Not just impractical but inhumane.

They're not human, they're metahuman :p:p:p
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    it was a very good episode i felt,no metahuman of the week just more info on the story we all want to know.

very intriguing now.
    Pretty sure that the "former protege" bloke was one ;)