Options

Emmerdale: Aaron Livesy and Robert Sugden Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    It was definitely a strange scene. I think he was looking with concern... because I'd presume this was their first onscreen and off-screen encounter, so of course as Chas had previously alluded to him that Aaron was doing himself harm of some sort, it seemed natural that he was possibly looking to see how Aaron was when the attention wasn't on him. Him talking to Aaron actually surprised me like I said before, as I thought it was quite forward of him to talk to him in public with Paddy and Chas present, although it was a completely innocent conversation he was trying to have. But I also think Robert must of thought he and Aaron were fine or at least civil for whatever reason, as I can't understand his confused face when Aaron blanked him otherwise.

I don't think he was confused. I think he was concerned and it's that which prompts him to try to approach Aaron in tomorrow's episode.
  • Options
    Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    I just Can't wait to watch:D

I Can't believe that We had a scene with the two of them together.:D

Squeeeeee:D
  • Options
    LmackLmack Posts: 14,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be a divided opinion on whether Robert was genuinely concerned or bothered about Aaron tonight.I will be interested to watch
  • Options
    AmyEWrightAmyEWright Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if there was concern or not at this point we'll get plenty of that the next few weeks... that look Robert gave him :D:D Robert must be concerned if he goes looking for him tomorrow its not like he just bumps into him.
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    I wasn't prepared for him to completely blank him either to be honest, I mean why did no one else think that was weird? If it was real life Andy at least would have acknowledged that it is strange to ignore the bloke who is the key investor in your business. He could ask why he happened to bring him with him to stop him offing himself off the cliff but y'know ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to be going back to this thing where we are never sure if Robert is concerned for the right reasons-this will annoy me if it goes on for too long again.The last time people just wanted a real confirmation of feelings from Robert but I'm not sure we are ever going to know for sure lol
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    spimf wrote: »
    I wasn't prepared for him to completely blank him either to be honest, I mean why did no one else think that was weird? If it was real life Andy at least would have acknowledged that it is strange to ignore the bloke who is the key investor in your business. He could ask why he happened to bring him with him to stop him offing himself off the cliff but y'know ;)

I didn't expect him to blank Robert but I didn't expect him to be talking with him to be fair. Especially when it was literally Robert, Aaron, Chas, Paddy and Andy, Aaron just obviously had no interest in pretending to be buddy-buddy with Robert, especially when they left on bad-ish terms.
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Ah no I didn't expect him to be matey with him by any means, but to make a point of outright ignoring him was surprising.

I loved paddy tonight, I do think the hammering the point home routine is getting a bit tedious though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Wow I am surprised I did not piece this together before. This week starting with today's episode was basically to get Robert really thinking about what's going on with Aaron. Then the rest of the week is him seeing it for himself and trying to get through to him and when he can't he does something that Aaron knows it was him involving the $2,000 dollars for the half marathon to get his attention. Which he does but Aaron but it's still not enough for Aaron to open up hence Robert getting Ross involved somehow. So whatever happens he finally gets Aaron's attention and the revelation finally comes out from both sides and ends up with Robert offering up himself to get hurt in a way. Which Aaron does. This leads into Victoria and Chrissie seeing Aaron and Robert and them trying to explain the situation without revealing anything and Robert kinda worrying about what could happen next now that Aaron knows.mthis comes to play as well with Lawrence suggesting ta family holiday and while he probably is worried mostly about Aaron hurting but also about if he would say something as well. Then the whole thing with Chas trying to buy Robert out thing and I love Chas and I love that's she is trying but she is doing too much and needs to let him figure things out on his own. We all know Aaron loves Robert and nothing will change that for him because for him to be fuming about Chriisie telling Robert about the trip away is telling and I'm so excited into how this all leads into the resumption of their relationship.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chas will be fine anyways as I expect the Careless Whisper spoiler in Soaplife that states "Who thinks (wrongly) their partner's cheating on them and sleeps with their ex?" Is about James sleeping with Emma when she leads him to believe that Chas is closer to Paddy than she should be and the Coming Soon spoiler for Emmerdale states that someone cheats on their partner and will they confess all to them?
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't expect him to blank Robert but I didn't expect him to be talking with him to be fair. Especially when it was literally Robert, Aaron, Chas, Paddy and Andy, Aaron just obviously had no interest in pretending to be buddy-buddy with Robert, especially when they left on bad-ish terms.

But it made a scene and drew more attention to him by not responding even bluntly.
    spimf wrote: »
    Ah no I didn't expect him to be matey with him by any means, but to make a point of outright ignoring him was surprising.

I loved paddy tonight, I do think the hammering the point home routine is getting a bit tedious though.

I think Andy would have noticed something like that in reality given Robert and Aaron were together in the same car when they found him at the quarry surely it would make you say something. The writing chose to ignore it though unfortunately and this is a key area ED need to improve as it keeps happening not only for Robron stuff but all characters.
    Wow I am surprised I did not piece this together before. This week starting with today's episode was basically to get Robert really thinking about what's going on with Aaron. Then the rest of the week is him seeing it for himself and trying to get through to him and when he can't he does something that Aaron knows it was him involving the $2,000 dollars for the half marathon to get his attention. Which he does but Aaron but it's still not enough for Aaron to open up hence Robert getting Ross involved somehow. So whatever happens he finally gets Aaron's attention and the revelation finally comes out from both sides and ends up with Robert offering up himself to get hurt in a way. Which Aaron does. This leads into Victoria and Chrissie seeing Aaron and Robert and them trying to explain the situation without revealing anything and Robert kinda worrying about what could happen next now that Aaron knows.mthis comes to play as well with Lawrence suggesting ta family holiday and while he probably is worried mostly about Aaron hurting but also about if he would say something as well. Then the whole thing with Chas trying to buy Robert out thing and I love Chas and I love that's she is trying but she is doing too much and needs to let him figure things out on his own. We all know Aaron loves Robert and nothing will change that for him because for him to be fuming about Chriisie telling Robert about the trip away is telling and I'm so excited into how this all leads into the resumption of their relationship.

Wise words as always Derrick.
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    Chas will be fine anyways as I expect the Careless Whisper spoiler in Soaplife that states "Who thinks (wrongly) their partner's cheating on them and sleeps with their ex?" Is about James sleeping with Emma when she leads him to believe that Chas is closer to Paddy than she should be and the Coming Soon spoiler for Emmerdale states that someone cheats on their partner and will they confess all to them?

This should keep her busy then :D.

Something I forgot to say earlier Lawrence whining to Chrissie about Robert expressing an opinion yet again. Either he is a member of that family or not, it seems he is when it suits them but they shout him down when he goes against them and it only makes me happy that he's shagging Aaron under their noses :D.
  • Options
    Lucie_GirardLucie_Girard Posts: 36,092
    Forum Member
    I just watched the episode once again:D

Couldn't help myself. Robert was really worried for Aaron. You could see him in his eyes. When he saw him he totally didn't recognize him. It's not the same Aaron. Robert is very smart he won't let Anybody figuring out what he saw on Aaron because Chas And Paddy will shut him off And he really wants to get through Aaron.:blush:

Awwww Robert We all know that it is killing you to see your boy like that. He needs you as much as you need him.:blush:
  • Options
    Partygirl1Partygirl1 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »

I thought that earlier too when I read the mags that James is going to cheat on Chas wrongly thinking she is cheating on Paddy. I think that may keep Chas busy and turn her focus away from Aaron for a bit.
    I liked the scene tonight Robert clearly couldn't take his eyes off Aaron. Also interestingly Aaron has been as good as his word after ending things. He has stayed away from Robert. Its Robert who instigates things again and contact between them and Robert who confesses about Katie to help Aaron.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that Robert showed something in the pub.I am not sure if it was just concern or that he was surprised at Aaron blanking him (although I don't know why he would be surprised given how Aaron ended things).He certainly wasn't going to give anything away though in front of Andy,Chas and Paddy.I do think he will be inwardly concerned and thinking of how he can now get Aaron to speak to him-hence tomorrow.I really want to know how Aaron feels after beating Robert up-is he upset ? Does he feel guilty ? Or is he blasé about it ? It seems an awful big jump from doing that to Robert,to the next day him being annoyed at the possibility of Robert going away on holiday,to him staying with robert at home farm.Is it because he feels guilty that he caves in and gets back with Robert ? It will be interesting but I want it to be something substantial-not just suddenly Aaron giving in and going back.I want a good chat etc with them but not sure we will get that.Also surprised that Robert isn't more angry or upset at being beaten up-didn't think either would be back together so quickly after that and ALL the bad feeling over what's happened
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I just watched the episode once again:D

Couldn't help myself. Robert was really worried for Aaron. You could see him in his eyes. When he saw him he totally didn't recognize him. It's not the same Aaron. Robert is very smart he won't let Anybody figuring out what he saw on Aaron because Chas And Paddy will shut him off And he really wants to get through Aaron.:blush:

Awwww Robert We all know that it is killing you to see your boy like that. He needs you as much as you need him.:blush:

Did you really? I wish I saw that, because I didn't. He always plays it like he doesn't care. We wish we had the ability to peer into Robert's soul
  • Options
    EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,607
    Forum Member
    I do think Aaron is being harsh towards poor Robert.

:(
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me when this marathon became in Katies name? I'm sure it must have but i can't remember Aaron ever saying it was for Katie or raising money for charity?:confused:

have i just forgot the scenes?:confused:
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy614 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when this marathon became in Katies name? I'm sure it must have but i can't remember Aaron ever saying it was for Katie or raising money for charity?:confused:

maybe either thurs or wed last week:confused: but not sure
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am 50/50 with the look from last nights viewing not sure if it was genuine or not :):)
  • Options
    callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, correct me if I am wrong..

But I could've sworn Robert has not been near Aaron since Aaron officially ended it

So why does Paddy and Chas keep warning Robert off Aaron?

Them mentioning Aaron to Robert will make him think about Aaron, especially with all this worrying about him hurting himself again.

I know they dont want to believe it and Robert doesnt want to admit it (yet) but I think it's almost clear as day to see that Robert truly cares for Aaron.
  • Options
    callmemaybecallmemaybe Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

im just as confused as you are andy
    i was like since when was this about Katie when Andy mentioned she would be proud of him
  • Options
    tink02tink02 Posts: 8,523
    Forum Member

I think it is raising money for Riding for the Disabled in Katie's name. I am sure Chas announced it in back room last week.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member

Last week someone - might've been Chas - asked Andy about the charity Katie supported and they decided to run for that.
  • Options
    cherrytops(82)cherrytops(82) Posts: 3,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Last week someone - might've been Chas - asked Andy about the charity Katie supported and they decided to run for that.

Chas mentioned it and Andy was like "nice one Aaron". It was the ep where Chas choose eating pie over doing a jog with Aaron
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member

Last week Chas asked Andy about a charity and said she and Aaron was gonna do the run for the charity.
    Really, correct me if I am wrong..

But I could've sworn Robert has not been near Aaron since Aaron officially ended it

So why does Paddy and Chas keep warning Robert off Aaron?

Them mentioning Aaron to Robert will make him think about Aaron, especially with all this worrying about him hurting himself again.

I know they dont want to believe it and Robert doesnt want to admit it (yet) but I think it's almost clear as day to see that Robert truly cares for Aaron.

Because unfortunately, Chas doesn't really trust Aaron. Robert hasn't seen or been in contact with Aaron whatsoever since Aaron ended it (and I'm presuming they've not seen each other at all off-screen either). And I that's why things are going the way they are, because Chas and Paddy continue to bring up Robert to Aaron which is only making him want to get away from them both and go running more. It's only putting thoughts in Aaron's head (I'd presume) that they don't trust him because they're continuously asking if things are back on, if he's spoken to Robert etc. Chas wants to be to Aaron what Paddy has been up to a certain point, but the way she goes about it she's having the opposite effect.

It's always been the problem with their relationship (Chas and Aaron). Chas feels guilty for not being the mother to Aaron he needed as a child and so she overcompensates by trying to mother him constantly now.
This discussion has been closed.