Back To The Future tribute heading to ITV

Comments

• Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the stars (minus MJF) are over here for London film and comic con in July so they could have interviewed them then
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    It's gonna be a laugh this and a good celebration of BTTF.
    No. A "good" celebration would have been a proper, seriously "look back" documentary. Which is, unfortunately, what we won't be getting :(
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    So no actual actors from the film being interviewed then. ??

So it is just a comedian, playing a Northern ****, talking about a movie he likes.

Anyone know what drugs these guys are on who thought that was a good idea.
    Must be some strong stuff

Actors from the film are being interviewed:
    As part of the show, Keith Lemon has interviews with cast and crew members, and will also be revisiting some locations from the movie.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 90-minute special will see Lemon reenact some of his favourite Back to the Future scenes with the help of his celebrity friends.

Paddy McGuinness will take on the role of Biff, Gino D'Acampo will play Doc and McBusted will perform 'Johnny B Goode'.

Lemon will also visit iconic locations from the film and meet some of the cast members and crew, such as co-creator Bob Gale.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a673367/watch-keith-lemon-star-in-a-shot-for-shot-remake-of-the-back-to-the-future-titles.html
  • simon_vale1simon_vale1 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/back-to-the-future/34693/back-to-the-future-tribute-heading-to-itv-keith-lemon-hosts

I love Back To The Future, it has got to be my favorite time travel film and want to watch this but why let keith lemon host, he is terrible :(

As much I I enjoy the trilogy I have no time to waste on moronic guff with a fake Italian, this idiot Lemon and some effeminate boy band for 90 mins.

Do as I will do get the trilogy out and grab the popcorn, forget the anniversary guff from ITV.
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love BTTF, but this sounds like an absolute travesty. Will be doing all I can to avoid this.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus wept. How to piss all over an iconic film. ITV should be ashamed.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant add much to what has already been written. This sounds terrible.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV going from strength to strength, who needs the BBC!
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like someone has reached into my brain and calculated the TV show format that was most likely to upset me.

I didn't believe in media censorship . . . . until today.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    'The show will feature Leigh Francis’ comedy creation recreating iconic scenes from the film with Paddy McGuinness as Biff and TV chef Gino D’Acampo as Doc Brown, and Pop supergroup McBusted will perform ‘Johnny B. Goode’ like Michael J Fox’s Marty McFly does in the film. '

Words fail me.
    Seriously?? Please tell me this is a wind up..................
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think ITV have seriously misunderstood the point of the character "Keith Lemon".

Lemon (played by comedian Leigh Francis) is basically a parody character. So having such a parody present a programme as a BTTF retrospective actually only seeks to alienate those people for whom BTTF was part of their youth.

You need a person who is "playing it straight". That person can still be a comedian, but no mockery of BTTF should be present or implied.

This is a show that almost no one is going to watch.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'The show will feature Leigh Francis’ comedy creation recreating iconic scenes from the film with Paddy McGuinness as Biff and TV chef Gino D’Acampo as Doc Brown, and Pop supergroup McBusted will perform ‘Johnny B. Goode’ like Michael J Fox’s Marty McFly does in the film. '

Words fail me.

And Joey Essex in a dog costume as Copernicus.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    I think ITV have seriously misunderstood the point of the character "Keith Lemon".

Lemon (played by comedian Leigh Francis) is basically a parody character. So having such a parody present a programme as a BTTF retrospective actually only seeks to alienate those people for whom BTTF was part of their youth.

You need a person who is "playing it straight". That person can still be a comedian, but no mockery of BTTF should be present or implied.

Bring back Justin Lee Collins ;)
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just...Gino D'Campo as Doc. What the f*** is up with that?

This sounds less of a tribute and more of a blatant piss take of a classic trilogy loved by money.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Is this programme some sort of spin off from Hell 1985? The one where Biff is top dog?

If so would someone kindly go back in time and alter history so Keith Lemon et al are mysteriously shot before they get a chance to make this crud.
  • All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't knock it before you've actually watched it.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Of Me wrote: »

Unlikely to get that far.
    Keith Lemon makes me want to punch things.
    Actually Keith Lemon makes me want to punch A thing. Keith Lemon's face. Repeatedly.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

^^This^^^

If the tribute was from 'Leigh Francis' I think it could just about live with it. If he was playing it straight and expressing genuine love for BTTF then that would be reasonable. I mean, I liked Francis in Bo Selector - it was a stupid-funny show that came out when I was a uni student. My group of friends would all watch it together, we'd repeat the catchphrases around campus and laughed at 'Michael Jackson' on his 'scootay'. It got old a bit quick but i'm not going to deny I enjoyed it at the time.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Oh FFS! Seriously?

What would have been one of the best shows of the year completely ruined. What's wrong with a proper, serious programme with proper, serious interviews and segments?

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Thats what the DVDs are for.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    All Of Me wrote: »
    If trailers are supposed to give you an idea of what's in the show it will be complete and utter crap.
    Thats what the DVDs are for.
    Which is great for those with the DVDs.
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Words fail me.

Words not failing me.....'probably some of the most ludicrous scenes ever filmed for a TV show'.....a travesty, of mind numbing proportions :confused:
  • fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    If you want to really celebrate Back To The Future day then go to one of the many screenings of it at the Odeon! Better than staying in and watching "Keith" ruin the day..!

I'll be watching all 3 films for only £7.95 at the pictures, reliving my childhood and my love for MJF (got to meet him at comiccon as well! And Chris Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Claudia Wells, and James Tolkan!)

Some Odeons are showing the trilogy (check here if its near you)
    http://www.odeon.co.uk/films/back_to_the_future_trilogy/16242/

While some just the first 2 films
    http://www.odeon.co.uk/films/back_to_the_future_double_bill/16241/

I'll be taping the Keith Lemon travesty, to skip through to the interviews... but from the press release it sounds like the big stars managed to steer clear of him.

I know Leigh Francis is a huge BTTF fan, but to do this as Keith Lemon and "act" out scenes... appalling. Catering to the dumb (no offense!) casual fan who might have seen the film once or twice whilst channel hopping!