Options

'Hated' buggy bids reach £154,000

feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if this has already been posted I did try to search but couldn't find anything.

Legaly would the person who makes the winning bid actually have to pay up or is this just a joke ad?

"A father-of-three's comical advert for his pushchair has become an online sensation after he described it as a vomit-stained 'green albatross around my neck' that ruined his life.

Joel Andresier, 39, from Southampton, Hampshire, told the auction site's users he never wanted children and the stroller had come to represent everything he hated about being a family man.

Now the Phil and Teds Explorer, which costs £400 new, is selling for £154,000 after a flurry of presumably fake bids - and with eight days to go, the price keeps rising.

His wife, 36-year-old vet Susan, said she was astounded at the attention and the couple had only wanted to clear out their garage".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2918068/Father-three-s-hilarious-eBay-advert-children-s-pushchair-net-sensation-buggy-signifies-ended-happy-low-cost-child-free-life.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phil-and-teds-green-explorer-double-/131406614416?pt=UK_Baby_BabyTravel_Pushchairs_GL&hash=item1e9871cf90

Comments

• Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These type of stupid bids really annoy me. So he did a funny sales pitch. Doesn't mean it has to be hijacked by scam bidders. Where do they get off on this. Should be an easier way to track them down.
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had kids despite not wanting any and then moans about it like a big fanny. What a charmer.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    He had kids despite not wanting any and then moans about it like a big fanny. What a charmer.

He's just having a bit of a laugh isn't he?
  • Options
    Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    He's just having a bit of a laugh isn't he?

No, this isn't just a humorous eBay listing, he's scum. Scum I tell you! >:(

Or maybe not...
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he has explained to the 2 older children that he was joking that he never wanted them :o
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried to bid $1,000,000 but it wouldn't let me.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    He's been trolled why don't people get a life it is the sort of thing my son would say
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I tried to bid $1,000,000 but it wouldn't let me.
    Try £s Sterling.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    Legaly would the person who makes the winning bid actually have to pay up or is this just a joke ad?/QUOTE]
    I think it's genuine and the winning bidder HAS to pay up. Fear not though folks as I have the very same make and model which I'll let you have for a mere £100k, thus saving you at least £50k.
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Well the father has his picture in the paper and has made an public announcement that he never wanted his kids, which I am sure that wont bother them when they start school and every one bugs them about it.

As for the auction all the bids are fake. Its no problem setting up a fake e-bay account and adding £100,000 to the pram.

I am more shocked that it ever cost £400 tbh
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I trust that in response the government will bring in a new law to make making ironic remarks about your kids, which mask how much you love them, an imprisonable form of child abuse. Or even a new hate crime. All teasing would be similarly outlawed.

If such a law had existed during my childhood I would barely have seen my parents from one year's end to the next.
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was fun post, especially the Questions and Answers section, the bloke has a talent. :)
    Why would people get het up about it? I am sure that his children will grow up to be perfectly secure and sure that their Dad loves them enormously and will find all this highly amusing, as they should!
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilarious :D

I read about this the other day but didn't realise they were only up the road from me - his postcode is on the eBay auction. Hope none of the commenters with no sense of humour decide to go to his house!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    i mean whats the ****ing point..