Sugababes / MKS - Freedom vs Flatline

DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kQ3btqRHjg

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaQh-TTeUWs

Which is the better single in your opinion, and why?

And if Freedom's release wasn't cancelled, would it have done better in the charts than Flatline is currently doing?

Better single? 87 votes

Sugababes - Freedom
35%
Neonoptic[Deleted User]phillip2Dizagaoxjavjamoll84Cherry7UpcnbcwatcherPandakooSparklySwedecashloot147[Deleted User]spindiddly[Deleted User]ChrisJamesSats[Deleted User]AdzPower[Deleted User]clarky323JustArun[Deleted User] 31 votes
MKS - Flatline
64%
mgvsmithBluestoneamos_brearleyJamandell (d69)[Deleted User][Deleted User]dd68glyn9799spaceygal[Deleted User]Makson[Deleted User]ll_Calypso_llMargo Channingxfactorfan27SuperAPJkryskrysLouise-ann[Deleted User][Deleted User] 56 votes

Comments

• DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugababes - Freedom
    I think Freedom is a much stronger track. Vocally it's very striking, and with a few tweaks, I think it'd be a hit today. As for Flatline, it is what it is. Good but a non-starter.

It is most curious how both have absolutely shoddy promo.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    Flatline is by far my favourite. Freedom I just find too generic sounding. It could be by anyone. Flatline is a beautiful song, with amazing harmonies and three very distinctive voices.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Freedom
    Freedom, especially the piano version that is on SoundCloud..

My opinion is had 4.0 released Flatline, it would have suffered the same fate as Freedom did and should Freedom have been the debut MKS single, it would be lauded in the same way Flatline has and be very well received by the critics

It's not about the music, it's about the history of the Sugababes

http://m.soundcloud.com/musicispop/02-freedom-acoustic .. I think they all sound great but particularly Heidi sounds gorgeous when she does her two solos
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugababes - Freedom
    I personally love this remix:

https://soundcloud.com/tdhproductions/freedom-sugababes-tom-dick
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    I think Flatline is a much better song.

And that's my unbiased opinion. I like Heidi/Amelle/Jade and I like Sweet 7. There's actually a few songs on there I prefer to Flatline. But I just think Freedom is a bad song.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    Flatline is unique, while freedom sounds bland
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    MKS - Flatline
    Flatline by miles. As mentioned earlier Freedom is far too generic. Flatline seems to have more personality and the chord progression in the chorus is fantastic!
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugababes - Freedom
    Love freedom but it needs speeding up
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Freedom
    I love both songs but if I had to pick between them I would pick Freedom.
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    Flatline :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    MKS - Flatline
    Flatline. No contest.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    The poll result says it all really
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    Flatline is defintley better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTHtEo5Zyc

I think this version of Freedom deserves some credit too though :)
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Freedom
    Honestly I think Freedom is the better track & if MKS had released it people would be saying how wonderful it is.
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Freedom
    _Magnum_ wrote: »
    Honestly I think Freedom is the better track & if MKS has released it people would be saying how wonderful it is.

Glad I have an opinion in common with someone :D doesn't happen very often to me on here.. I think Flatline wouldn't have as many people supporting it as a great song had it been a 4.0 song
  • _Magnum__Magnum_ Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Freedom
    Glad I have an opinion in common with someone :D doesn't happen very often to me on here.. I think Flatline wouldn't have as many people supporting it as a great song had it been a 4.0 song

Thanx & yes its just so unnecessary this hatred so many people have towards the 4th line up. Musically & vocally they were great & I would have loved to see an 8th album of completely original 4th line up material but due to the pathetic hate they got it was all scrapped.

If MKS fans get this new album they should think themselves lucky.
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Freedom
    Thanx & yes its just so unnecessary this hatred so many people have towards the 4th line up. Musically & vocally they were great & I would have loved to see an 8th album of completely original 4th line up material but due to the pathetic hate they got it was all scrapped.

If MKS fans get this new album they should think themselves lucky.

I think should there ever be another greatest hits, it should be a full collection with a disk of all the singles, a second for the amazing covers they have done over the years, one for live performances of each single and a fourth disk of original 4.0 material

In fact, I think that album should have been released in place of Sweet 7 (as much as I love) and then 4.0 would have been fully showcased, keep Get Sexy, About A Girl and Wear My Kiss from S7 and then a full disk of original, non Keisha recorded music and it may have put the band in a better light
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    Honestly I think Freedom is the better track & if MKS had released it people would be saying how wonderful it is.

Flatline is exactly the sort of thing that 1.0/Siobhan fans would like though. It's a Dev Hynes production, it's quite cool, indie and hipster, it's more about the vocals and harmonies than the production effects.

I do understand your sentiment, I agree that 1.0 fans can be extremely vicious towards Heidi/Amelle/Jade and they do wear rose coloured spectacles at times. But I don't think it applies in this case. I think 1.0 diehards would be appalled if MKS had come out with Freedom as their first single.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Flatline is exactly the sort of thing that 1.0/Siobhan fans would like though. It's a Dev Hynes production, it's quite cool, indie and hipster, it's more about the vocals and harmonies than the production effects.

I do understand your sentiment, I agree that 1.0 fans can be extremely vicious towards Heidi/Amelle/Jade and they do wear rose coloured spectacles at times. But I don't think it applies in this case. I think 1.0 diehards would be appalled if MKS had come out with Freedom as their first single.

i think that is true to be honest, "freedom" just wouldn't work for mks. to be completely frank, i am past caring about the sugababes or mks, but i think the 4.0 fans can be equally vicious from posts i read in other threads over time.

i remember one fan in particular who has been banned on these forums more times than i care to remember, once said they "hate" people that didn't give the forth line up a chance.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugababes - Freedom
    I'm saying Freedom because to be honest I'm already over flatline. it was great at first listen but by the time it came out I'm bored. I still love Freedom.

My fave 4.0 song is sweet and Amazing, I love that track and where I would have liked 4.0 to go. voices.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MKS - Flatline
    I really think a "Sugababes: The Musical" would be an amazing idea.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugababes - Freedom
    I like Freedom better, it's an epic, anthemic pop song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    MKS - Flatline
    Personally I liked Sugababes 4.0 possibly even more than Sugababes 1.0 but Flatline is on another level. One of the best songs of the year.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sugababes - Freedom
    I think should there ever be another greatest hits, it should be a full collection with a disk of all the singles, a second for the amazing covers they have done over the years, one for live performances of each single and a fourth disk of original 4.0 material

In fact, I think that album should have been released in place of Sweet 7 (as much as I love) and then 4.0 would have been fully showcased, keep Get Sexy, About A Girl and Wear My Kiss from S7 and then a full disk of original, non Keisha recorded music and it may have put the band in a better light

That would be really good and it would make people think different about 4.0. I think a lot of people didn't really give them a chance.