zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a brilliant evening. Thanks all :)
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very pleased with those results, switch first and second around and you have my exact top 5.

Interesting to look at the voting grid and see that the winner didn't get a single top mark, but 3 tens helped it on it's way to victory.
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks again for watching and olly (or whoever it was if they were using a different name) Terry will pm you with the details but if you need anything you can shout me as well :) See you all next week!
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My word that interval act was like nothing else! Cheers Beth and Anne for a fun evening! :)
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    I shall have to run through the songs after Crap Brother and deliver the 'real' verdict. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    I shall have to run through the songs after Crap Brother and deliver the 'real' verdict. ;):D

Lisa. Whatever you do, don't watch the interval act if you value your sanity! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is how I would've voted -

12 - Spain - Salome - Vivo Cantando
    10 - UK - Lulu - Boom Bang-a-Bang
    8 - Norway - Kirsti Sparboe - Oj, oj, oj, så glad jeg skal bli
    7 - Germany - Siw Malmkvist - Primaballerina
    6 - Finland - Jarkko & Laura - Kuin silloin ennen
    5 - Ireland - Muriel Day - The Wages of Love
    4 - Switzerland - Paola Del Medico - Bonjour, Bonjour
    3 - Netherlands - Lenny Kuhr - De Troubadour
    2 - Portugal - Simone de Oliveira - Desfolhada portuguesa
    1 - Italy - Iva Zanicchi - Due gross lacrime bianche

So what did I see in the quirky charm of Norway, Germany and Finland that hardly anybody else did? :D Lenny Kuhr is what Ruslana will look like when the middle age spread kicks in. My curiosity got the better of me, what the hell was that interval? Who knew balloons and the Spanish landscape could be so sinister with that one backing track! :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My curiosity got the better of me, what the hell was that interval? Who knew balloons and the Spanish landscape could be so sinister with that one backing track! :eek::D
    Well, you cannot say you were not warned :D:p I have no sympathy if you had nightmares lol
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching this weeks Allsang pa Skansen on SVT play today, rather randomly, Siw Malmkvist was on there! Spooky!
  • Options
    ollymurslover13ollymurslover13 Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys! As you may know, I'm hosting the 2003 contest on Wednesday. As it a three hour contest, the show will start at 7pm UK time. I could really do with somebody kindly preparing the scorewizz board, so if anyone would be prepared to do it for me, please private message me. Otherwise, hope you'll all join me on Wednesday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it on Wednesday, so won't be able to join in all the fun with you. My number one of 2003 is a bit renegade so to speak so it will probably sorely miss my 12 points in the scorewiz, but hopefully someone else will take pity on it.

Try not to get too angry when Wogan starts bleating on about Iraq, 2003 was probably when things started turning sour in his commentary.

So once again have fun watching the show and unless any offers to host the following week I am thinking of hosting something from the 70's or 80's, so give me your preferences and I will see what I can do.
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't make Wednesday either, but seeing as how Wogan makes me gnash my teeth during his commentary, it's probably not a bad thing ...

scorewiz is easy peasy to do, you just have to register the grid with your email address, otherwise I'd have happily sorted it for you
  • Options
    ollymurslover13ollymurslover13 Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I'm so sorry but I've had major technical difficulties with my laptop. I can't access the internet using the laptop, but I can with other devices. Something to do with DNS. Very strange. Anyway, because of this issue, I can no longer host this evening. It's a shame, cause I was looking forward to it, but hopefully I can get back online and reschedule 2003 for another week.

Again, many apologies!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that olly. Hope you can get back online soon.

As we are not getting a show from ollie tonight i am more than happy to step in on friday. Want to host an 70s or 80s contest so let me know your suggestions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a pity. I hope you get it fixed. I was really looking forward to watching '03 again tonight and made sure to be free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a pity. I hope you get it fixed. I was really looking forward to watching '03 again tonight and made sure to be free.

Will you be free on friday Lisa for my replacement show?
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Just remembered about this! Shame tonight is cancelled. I can't do Friday unfortunately :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TerryP wrote: »
    Will you be free on friday Lisa for my replacement show?

Yeah I will.
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be able to make Friday :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well there is nothing to stop us holding 2 'shows' of whatever Terry is hosting on Friday if people want to watch something tonight surely? Not everyone can make tonight and not everyone can make Friday. We would have to combine and wait for the scorewiz though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably a bit too late to do it tonight Beth, especially as some people now know it's not happening.

Would tomorrow night work better for some of you than Friday? I can move it if more can make it tomorrow. Let me know, also I need suggestions on a year from the 70's or 80's.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    Probably a bit too late to do it tonight Beth, especially as some people now know it's not happening.

Would tomorrow night work better for some of you than Friday? I can move it if more can make it tomorrow. Let me know, also I need suggestions on a year from the 70's or 80's.

Yes it is too late now but never mind :)
  • Options
    nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for 1983 because I like most of the songs from that year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is tonight still happening?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is tonight still happening?

No idea Lisa :(