Comments

• Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesss!

Everything going to plan.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    That was so needed, it hasn't been the most convincing display. Sloppy at times and at times slow to get the ball in. In many ways it was encapsulating the way we'd played earlier in the season. That goal will help for sure.
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    Don't get why Villa aren't taking Hutton off yet when all the attacks are coming from that side of the field, including the goal.

I'll take it.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow a new thread. Quality goal by herrera, we should go on and tidy up now
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big goal by Herrera, let's hope we can add a few more in the second half, as Villa open up.
    Forum Member
    Old Trafford very subdued, it doesn't help that the game isn't the greatest. 1-0 isn't safe, even as badly as Villa are playing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for DiM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roo finishes it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...or maybe not :o
    Forum Member
    Roo finishes it!

Not quite.......

Is that DDG's first mistake of the season??? As we were, in need of another goal.
    Forum Member
    I have a really nasty feeling that they'll get another chance and may put it away? I had a really nasty feeling when Cole came on that he'd do something against us
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    I have a really nasty feeling that they'll get another chance and may put it away? I had a really nasty feeling when Cole came on that he'd do something against us

No need to worry now.

What a little maestro Herrera is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big, big win today, with Southampton and Liverpool getting beaten, that is effectively top four down up for the team that are in it now, with only really Spurs that can at a push catch the team in fourth place (not us at the moment).

Good weekend indeed!
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We actually have pretty difficult fixtures remaining, so I don't think it's time to count the chickens just yet.
    Forum Member
    Phew, thank goodness that's over with, a really scrappy game in which United though dominant, never seemed in total control.

Manchester's Spanish restaurants will be doing a roaring trade again tonight, bet they are loving United's Spaniards at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Chill, it was only Villa, and we very rarely concede more than one goal in a game, so there was no need to panic!

The derby is up next, and are we going into the match as favourites?? Being more on form then them, having a better team unit then them, a better defence, and finally a better strikeforce then them, I think we very well could be!

Either way, it is going to be quite the occasion!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We actually have pretty difficult fixtures remaining, so I don't think it's time to count the chickens just yet.

Agreed.

Things couldn't of gone better today though, things are looking very good right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chill, it was only Villa, and we very rarely concede more than one goal in a game, so there was no need to panic!

Don't be so condescending.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We have the best record in the league in hard or difficult fixtures, so whilst they of course are just that, we shouldn't be intimidated by them, we should go into them full of confidence, and confident of doing well in them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be so condescending.

That was not my intention to be like that at all, Villa are down at the bottom of the league for a reason, and that is because they struggle for goals and wins, so even at 2-1, I was confident that we would get the win, as our record suggests that when we concede, it is usually only the one goal, and having done that, conceding another was not really on the cards.

That is not being condescending, or patronising, that is just looking at the stats and extrapolating them.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D

I can do that now the game's done.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member

No neither do i our nexxt 3 games are City at Home, Chelsea Away and Everton Away, the next 3 games for me decide it for me, if and it is a massive if we can pick up 4 or 5 points we should do it but it is equally possible we could pick up 0 points or 1 point, Champions League football is not a certainty yet.

As for today, we did enough and never really looked in danger apart from the one moment were De Gea made a howler though i'm not going to have a go at him he has been our best player this season, if it wasn't for him we would be know where near a top 4 finish.

Brilliant goal by Rooney, his 230th for the club he only needs 8 more to surpass Denis Law's total of 237 and 20 to surpass Sir Bobby Charlton's record of 249, should do it next season especially if he can get a few more this season and he could become the 2nd all time Premier League goalscorer as he only needs 3 more goals to surpass Andy Cole's record of 187 premier league goals, certainly plenty of targets for Rooney to look at breaking in the next few months.

Pleased Herrera got a couple of goals as well, he along with Blind have performed the best out of our summer signings and he always impresses me when he plays a quality player.

We were a bit slack at times today but we were still by far the better team though i suppose we can't always play like we did do against Spurs and Liverpool. Now onto the next 3 games which in my opinion will make or break our season. I hope we can get top 4 get in a few quality additions in the summer and then go all out for the title next season, things are looking up but there is still a bit to go yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was not my intention to be like that at all, Villa are down at the bottom of the league for a reason, and that is because they struggle for goals and wins, so even at 2-1, I was confident that we would get the win, as our record suggests that when we concede, it is usually only the one goal, and having done that, conceding another was not really on the cards.

That is not being condescending, or patronising, that is just looking at the stats and extrapolating them.

Yes it was.

You wouldn't have predicted they would have scored, but they did. Football isn't an exact science. No fan would feel entirely comfortable with just a one goal advantage in the late stages of such an important match, regardless of the competition.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Yes it was.

You wouldn't have predicted they would have scored, but they did. Football isn't an exact science. No fan would feel entirely comfortable with just a one goal advantage in the late stages of such an important match, regardless of the competition.

If stats and records tell Batdude to be comfortable, then he gets comfortable. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    If stats and records tell Batdude to be comfortable, then he gets comfortable. :p

I'm surprised he's even aware of today's result, thought he'd be off watching his pals play tiddlywinks or something.
This discussion has been closed.