Madonna's 3rd single from Rebel Heart will be Bitch, I'm Madonna

PetroliciousPetrolicious Posts: 577
Forum Member
✭✭
According to Drowned Madonna, Bitch I'm Madonna will be the 3rd single from the album and the video will also be directed by Jonas Ackerland.

After the disappointing performance of the 1st 2 singles, I don't think it really matters what she releases at this stage, so this song might be a surprise hit as a lot of young people seem to like it. Not one of my favs, but at this stage, let her release what she wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0NSSLGDMY

Comments

• StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If her team can get Minaj to appear in the video it might do okay in the US charts, because they count the video views towards the chart position and Minaj is a big draw.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    i suspect that this is going to be fun and wacky ...maybe the puppets will appear... i look forward to hearing the remixes and seeing the song on the radio 1 playlist :D just maybe a special single version too?
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind it being a single tbh. It is the most streamed from Rebel Heart and charted the highest on American Itunes.

I would prefer Hold Tight but Madonna is obviously not bothered about the charts anymore and is only releasing singles she wants to have fun with. After 400 million sales in her career I think she earned that right! :D
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her worst song in years.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I'm not really a fan of this song, but it's up to her.
  • BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    The song might make small waves in the US (a very low peak on the Hot 100), but I doubt it will do much in most other countries. The song sums up why a lot of people, including a lot of old fans, no longer buy Madonna's music and no longer respect her. Why team up with Nicki Minaj again? She's done it before. She needs to stop trying to appeal to a demographic that couldn't care less about her. She should release Joan of Arc next and then focus on the tour.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful song, one of my least favourites on the album and I can't stand Nikki Minaj. I was hoping she would release either Hold Tight, Inside Out, Messiah or Joan Of Arc as her next single. Oh well.
  • BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    I don't mind it being a single tbh. It is the most streamed from Rebel Heart and charted the highest on American Itunes.

I would prefer Hold Tight but Madonna is obviously not bothered about the charts anymore and is only releasing singles she wants to have fun with. After 400 million sales in her career I think she earned that right! :D

300 million. Unless you've suddenly come across another 100 million sales that have never been officially counted.

;)
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,862
    Forum Member
    One of the worst songs on Rebel Heart and it's one of her worst singles ever. Just another disappointment from this music era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    300 million. Unless you've suddenly come across another 100 million sales that have never been officially counted.

;)

As of 2015 Madonna is on 380 wordwide sales. ;)

Sorry that upsets you A LOT :cool: I know Madonna's sales make you very angry. :blush:
  • day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of all the songs she could have released next from Rebel Heart she chooses this? The fact that it's the most streamed says it all about the terrible tastes of the mainstream music listening public too.

Still, like others have said it really doesn't matter what she releases at this point. Despite overall being her best album in years Rebel Heart is a huge commercial failure and the era has been a total mess thanks to the person who stole and leaked those tracks last year. Such a bloody shame.
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    After the first 2 singles and the album flopping. I cant see the point of a 3rd single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Would rather she released Devil Pray or Hold Tight
  • Bob_AjobBob_Ajob Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebel Heart..... Great album.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda agree. It's over for this era. She'll probably have a successful tour though.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it can make a fun video. She's released two relatively serious mature singles in LIving for Love and Ghosttown and they didn't have quite the impact that people thought they would. So I think it would be a good idea to release one fun Rebel song.
    People seemed to love her performance of BIM on the Jimmy Fallon show. So if she could translate that into a video, it would be amazing.
    People always say Madonna should be mature and sing ballads etc. But her bigger hits especially in more recent times such as Hung Up have been dance club bangers. So people may say be mature, Madonna, but they tend to like her more club stuff. I love Rebel Heart, it's a very underrated album, but commercially I feel it could have benefitted from one big club banging anthem type of song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would rather she released Devil Pray or Hold Tight

There was a rumour she recorded a video for Devil Pray in Italy when on promo but it seems it may have just been something for a tour backdrop.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic but Ghosttown is expected to hit no. 1 on the billboard Hot Dance chart, which will make her the most no. 1 singles artist on that chart. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic but Ghosttown is expected to hit no. 1 on the billboard Hot Dance chart, which will make her the most no. 1 singles artist on that chart. :)

Good for Madonna!
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I don't think it matters what song they release as the next single. It's bound to flop. She's no longer a singles artist. I detest Bitch I'm Madonna with a passion, but I can't complain if it sells a few more copies of Rebel Heart. Joan of Arc is a great song, but it sounds too much like Ghosttown.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Is this the official cover?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ec0z6a.png

If so, it looks cheap. It's a mix of Katy Perry, Miley Cryus and a one hit wonder from the 1990s. Surely there was better artwork.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna make a great song like Ghosttown and then releases crap like this!

It won't chart thankfully.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »
    I don't think it matters what song they release as the next single. It's bound to flop. She's no longer a singles artist. I detest Bitch I'm Madonna with a passion, but I can't complain if it sells a few more copies of Rebel Heart. Joan of Arc is a great song, but it sounds too much like Ghosttown.

Sadly I don't think Joan of Arc will be a single.

Bitch I'm Madonna is awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its great now. Very catchy and the video is perfect. She broke Twitter when it came out. :D

Its worth noting the only reason Bitch is being released is because its the most streamed song from the album. So it clearly got people interested. Maybe it should have been the first single in hindsight.

Will it chart? probably not. Her haters are more interested in Madonna's chart positions thesedays than her fans are. Lets really hope Kylie's next era is a success eh! ;)
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Madonna make a great song like Ghosttown and then releases crap like this!

It won't chart thankfully.

I know!

This song does absolutely nothing for me either, I mean, look at the title, it's like she thinks we've forgotten who she is or something!