Options

Euro U-21 Championships 2015

Comments

• Options
    Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very entertaining 1st half. the Czechs 2-0 up at the break and could easily have had another 2 or 3 goals. they have been very good.
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Czechs are rampant! 4-0 up now with half an hour still to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Group A result: Serbia 0-4 Czech Republic.

brilliant display from the Czechs with some really good goals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific hat-trick by Jan Kliment and overall a resounding victory for the Czechs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germans putting in a top notch display at the moment against Denmark. 3-0 up with over half an hour left.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,077
    Forum Member
    2 dominating wins today for the Czechs and Germany..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Group A result: Germany 3-0 Denmark

comprehensive win for the Germans. that leaves them on 4 points, the Czechs and Danes on 3 points, and Serbia on 1 point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strong performance from the Germans. Their final group game against the Czechs has the potential to be a right cracker.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    From what I've seen, England may as well as fly home tonight. We've already lost to the Portuguese and I can't see us beating the Germans or the Czechs in the semis if we get there. They look much better teams.
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,077
    Forum Member
    Gareth Southgate seems to be getting upset because a Swedish players said our young players cost too much...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33085670

Well isn't that something almost everyone agrees with?

Including Rio Ferdinand on the same page (linked in!)

A case of somebody feeling a bit precious?
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Yes, I don't see what the Swede said wrong. Journos and pundits have been saying this for years even before all this home grown status stuff was created.

Re watching the highlights of England, I thought that we did dhow some ability and were not a complete washout. I still think we're short of the best teams though.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a much better tournament than I expected. The England game lacked atmosphere though. Actually England weren't bad, just didn't take their chances and were a little confused at the back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    England line-up for the match against Sweden, kick off 5pm.

Butland, Jenkinson, Moore, Gibson, Garbutt, Redmond, Hughes, Chalobah, Pritchard, Carroll, Kane.

Subs: Bond, Forster-Caskey, Stones, Ward-Prowse, Keane, Lingard, Ings, Afobe, Chambers, Targett, Loftus-Cheek, Bettinelli.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pritchard deserves the start, he was excellent when he came on against Portugal.

We need to be much better in controlling the midfield today and to get support to Kane. He was far too isolated at times in the opening match.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thats a weird stand behind the goal
  • Options
    NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    Apparently Chalobah was penalised for cleanly winning the ball, but using too much force in doing so. Nope, makes no sense to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0-0 at half time.

you'd think England were already through the way they've played. either that or they want to go out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pritchard the pick of the England players. Kane hardly been in the game, had a good chance, but it was one of the rare occasions the ball had been anywhere near him. Kane again simply not being brought into the game enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was utterly mediocre.

A few of them looked like they'd rather be on a beach than here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ings on for Hughes. maybe that will help ignite some urgency.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Second half so far worse than first. Carroll's distribution simply awful, Pritchard off injured, no energy from England.
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    The lack of creativity seem to be endemic within the English game at all levels both Men and Woman. This is turgid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have been half kidding with my comment at half time but no longer, they really do look like a side who couldn't care less if they went out in the group stage.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Sweden playing with a flat-pack four?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And that mindless rubbish non-pass from Moore straight into touch just sums up England this half.

And the referee has been even worse than England.