Help! V Stuff Photo Prints

Paul555Paul555 Posts: 1,504
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Firstly this V Stuff is a load of c*ap. It's unnessesarily fiddly to do everything. Took me ages just to get it to backup the photo folders. It kept saying that I was trying to backup everything 30gb +.

Oh well anyway now I want to print some photos and have created a folder to backup with 50 photos in there to print. Now when I try to select these from the Backup it selects every photo and I don't see a way to select just this folder. The Select None/All options are greyed out. When choosing order prints it thinks I want to print 421 photos.

Help please! Has anyone found a better way of doing this or knows what to do before I end up bald!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have only used it once but agree with you that it is way to un user friendly.
    Its far too over complicated and I bet a lot of people try once then give up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul555 wrote: »
    Firstly this V Stuff is a load of c*ap. It's unnessesarily fiddly to do everything. Took me ages just to get it to backup the photo folders. It kept saying that I was trying to backup everything 30gb +.

Oh well anyway now I want to print some photos and have created a folder to backup with 50 photos in there to print. Now when I try to select these from the Backup it selects every photo and I don't see a way to select just this folder. The Select None/All options are greyed out. When choosing order prints it thinks I want to print 421 photos.

Help please! Has anyone found a better way of doing this or knows what to do before I end up bald!

Have you tried using the V Stuff Help section here? http://www.virginmedia.com/help/vstuff/cable/
  • Paul555Paul555 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have now got as far as actually sending the 50 photos to Sanpfish BUT it now states:

We're sending your photos to Snapfish right now! Just a sec...

Of course it's been stuck on photo 1 of 50 for 2 hours. Arrgggh!

Anyone would think they don't want us to use this free service?
  • toccyladtoccylad Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i have had pics from snapfish they were great but now i have some more to send
    so have sent them but it want me to pay for them i thought youm got your first three free is this some scam
  • Paul555Paul555 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toccylad wrote: »
    well i have had pics from snapfish they were great but now i have some more to send
    so have sent them but it want me to pay for them i thought youm got your first three free is this some scam

Yeah, first 3 sets are completely free, subsequent prints you have to pay postage only but still get the free prints based on your package (50 a month for me)

That's of course if you can actually get them to send to Snapfish! (I haven't yet)

How much is the postage doe anyone know?
  • in2deepin2deep Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just signed up to V stuff, and thought I'd take a backup of my emails and "My Documents" files - total size about 1 gig!

....more fool me!.....

Left the V stuff software running, doing its thing.....

....24 hours later and it's still nowhere near finished!

To say I was bewildered at the complete lack of speed is an understatement, I've never met such a pathetically slow service!

Needless to say I stopped it, and will be burning my backups to DVD in future!!!! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Like everything from VM it's a complete waste of time. First of all I didn't realise you have to have to have V Stuff running when you sign into their site, otherwise it doesn't recognise any of your links. Important info or so you'd think, but nowhere in the various help sections does it say this (I don't leave it running 24/7 as it's a resource hog). Then it's very difficult to select the specific items you want to view / share / print, not least because everything takes forever on their 2Mb broadband (supposedly 10Mb, which they offered to me, but after a new modem and hours on the phone to tech support, it's still 2Mb/s, whatever the notes on my account file may claim).

And don't get me onto PCGuard - after trying to surf respected sites such as Yahoo and the BBC with it switched on and realising it was seeing most page items as a threat, covering them in huge red boxes, I tried to switch it off. No difference. So then I tried to uninstall it and revert to AVG - no can do, not only will it not uninstall from Control Panel but it's also entwined itself AOHell-style into my registry which is going to take some serious editing (with VM's recommended third-party registry tool) at great potential risk to my somewhat cantankerous P400. I wish I'd Googled it before installing as it seems most people have this problem (hindsight is 20/20 and all that). At least I did manage to back my files up with V Stuff, even if it did take 6 days of maxing out my connection to upload 4Gb of music and photos!

Quite honestly were it not for the superior reliability of cable broadband lines over ASDL I'd dump them in a heartbeat. It would be nice to be able to select a more highly-regarded cable competitor, but unfortunately our esteemed Government saw fit to effectively look the other way whilst VM established a complete monopoly over what most people are now considering to be the future of communication. If we're still in the technological dark ages in 20 years time whilst the rest of Europe are hooked up to terabyte fiber optic connections it'll serve them all right for putting shareholders above infrastructure as always.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    The amount of time it takes to upload photos is ridiculous.
    I didn't bother using my allowance last month for that reason and when I had some photos I did want to print the other night, I went onot Photobox and paid for them instead as I knew that if I tried to upload them it'd be at it all night if I was lucky!

Why does it take so long? I've uploaded 800mb HD videos to Facebook quicker than it's uploaded 100mb of photos to Snapfish.