Options

Kelly Brook reveals: Two-faced Ant and Dec wrecked my TV career

lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1223947/Kelly-Brook-reveals-Two-faced-Ant-Dec-wrecked-TV-career.html

She has took her time coming out but Ant & Dec did slate her in their autobiography

Comments

• Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read at the time that her contract was paid off to the total of £200,000 all for just a few days work.

I didn't mind her on BGT but methinks she is over estimating the power of the Geordie twosome.
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She opens in the theatre on Tuesday and needs the publicity.

Surely Ant and Dec were employees so I don't believe that they could have any major influence either.:yawn:

Don't think I've ever read negative press about Ant & Dec before.:confused:
    Nothing springs to mind anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    But there are two of them so I would expect them to have two faces.

She means 'four-faced' Ant and Dec. The swines!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the idea of Ant & Dec having a dark side :D

...& the Daily Mail photo editor also appeared to be having a laugh when choosing some of the photos accompanying today's article, lol :p
  • Options
    chazneechaznee Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I can't recall anyone who has worked with Kelly Brook who has any praise for her and most interviewers seem to hint that she's a bit of a prima donna.
    Plus the idea of Ant and Dec wielding that kind of power is frankly ridiculous - I think someone has been winding her up if she's fallen for the idea that it's them who have scuppered her TV career...maybe she should watch some of her TV performances to get a clue as to why she's really not the most sought after star on the box!
  • Options
    birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They both have the same publicists so I wonder why she would want to come out and say this?
  • Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    birdsong wrote: »
    They both have the same publicists so I wonder why she would want to come out and say this?
    It's a nice plug for Ant and Dec's book - and Kelly needs all the publicity she can get.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly will need all the publicity she can get as the years go by. She's a talentless vaccuum, in years to come, no one will remember her.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    chaznee wrote: »
    I can't recall anyone who has worked with Kelly Brook who has any praise for her and most interviewers seem to hint that she's a bit of a prima donna.
    Plus the idea of Ant and Dec wielding that kind of power is frankly ridiculous - I think someone has been winding her up if she's fallen for the idea that it's them who have scuppered her TV career...maybe she should watch some of her TV performances to get a clue as to why she's really not the most sought after star on the box!

I think a quick glimpse of her amazing presentiing skills on "Celebrity Love Island" should do it......:D
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Kelly is a great tv presenter or anything, but I did think that Ant and Dec over-reacted to her getting the BGT gig. They seemed to be taking it all very personally and got angry about it. I didn't think it reflected well on any of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanequil wrote: »
    I read at the time that her contract was paid off to the total of £200,000 all for just a few days work.

I didn't mind her on BGT but methinks she is over estimating the power of the Geordie twosome.

I think she is overestimating her alleged talent.

She's little more than a good pair of tits, very few people accept her as anything else. She can't read an autocue, she certainly can't act, she should just go back to page 3 work! :D
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know Kelly Brook is a very very lucky girl.

She was blessed with film star looks. She's had breaks in modelling and TV presenting that people can only dream of - and she got those gigs because of those looks. Doors keep opening for her due to her genetics.

But that does not give her an automatic right to be a judge on a nationwide talent show.

You have to learn the skills to be a judge. You have to be articulate, discerning and critical.These arent things you can learn just turning up. You have to give feedback to the contestants that works. There are plenty of examples of female judges that just give praise or waffle (Amanda, Danni, Cheryl - but strangely not Alesha)

And, by the way, Ant and Dec are entitled to dislike you Kelly..

There is no underwritten rule that everybody has to love you. Men are entitled to dislike women for whatever reason. There is no rule which says they have to worship at your feet and you come across as rather petulant for objecting to them.

They are entitled to dislike whoever they want - and if they thought you wernt up to the job from the beginning then thats their perogative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Ant and Dec, and I'm not a fan of Kelly Brook, but I think they were wrong with regards to a 4th judge on BGT. (Not that it neccessarily should have been her)

I think they reacted wrongly to it, and their reasoning for doing so was pretty lame. If Simon had picked a better candidate for fourth judge then maybe it would have worked better.

I'm sure Simon realised she was the wrong person for the job, rather than it all coming down to A&D - but its obvious they kicked up a bit of a fuss about it, they practically admit that in their book.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chaznee wrote: »

You have a point there which I've never really noticed before - no one she's worked with really praises her do they? Certainly not for her talent anyway! IMO she comes across as nice but dim and I can never imagine her having a serious conversation, she just grins/smiles inanely all of the time. She IS good looking with a great body but what's she going to do when she loses her looks? She hasn't really got any talent to back it up with no matter how much she thinks otherwise.

As for BGT, somebody really saw her coming didn't they :D Let's blame Ant & Dec, she'll believe us! Just goes to show how daft she is when she thinks Simon Cowell would tell her the truth!!!!!

lexy_86 wrote: »
    I think she is overestimating her alleged talent.

She's little more than a good pair of tits, very few people accept her as anything else. She can't read an autocue, she certainly can't act, she should just go back to page 3 work! :D

Well according to that Mail article she's now progressed to full-frontal in her latest film! Keep the boys happy I suppose :D
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put it past Ant and Dec and Kelly to have worked all this out together - mutual publicity stunt all round. A&D flog more copies of their dreadful book, Kelly gets in the paper in her undies again:yawn:
  • Options
    cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sours grapes Kelly? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone please share what Ant or Dec said?

I really don't recall either of them making any kind of issue out of it and I haven't read the book so I'm puzzled.:confused:
    Also, as I said earlier, aren't they just employees like everyone else?

Please.
    I hate to think that I missed out on some gossip.:o
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Totally talentless. The typical airhead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really don't recall either of them making any kind of issue out of it and I haven't read the book so I'm puzzled.:confused:

Please.
    Here you go Dolly, all the gossip!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1134963/Kelly-Brook-wrong-start---Ant-Dec.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you alfiewozere.

Off to read it now.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you alfiewozere.

Off to read it now.:)
    It makes you realise the wee Geordies aren't as cute as they like to think they are:D
    And - hold the front page - Dec wasn't celibate for five years after all!:eek: Does anyone actually care?
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes you realise the wee Geordies aren't as cute as they like to think they are:D
    And - hold the front page - Dec wasn't celibate for five years after all!:eek: Does anyone actually care?

personally I never thought they were "cute" and have never seen the appeal
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please.

From their book..

"We had two questions: 'Why is there a fourth judge?' and 'Why is it Kelly Brook?'"

"Simon, without talking to anyone, had decided it was a good idea. We didn't agree"

"We were also annoyed we hadn't been consulted - we've always had a good relationship with Simon and there's a mutual respect between the three of us, so this was disappointing"

"Once the auditions started, it became clear how confusing it was to have four judges. When two of them said yes and two of them said no, noone knew what to do and it just didn't work"

"It also made the days much longer; the judges speak for two minutes after each act, which takes enough time when there's three of them, so a fourth judge meant adding two minutes to every audition, and there's usually about forty of them in a day, which means every day was longer by......a lot"

I would argue their last two though. There's four judges on X Factor, and they just used the rule that you need a majority of yeses or your out. So it can't have been that confusing. Plus I really doubt one extra person would double the amount of time it took to talk to each act. In the book they also say they don't start until after midday, so to take umbrage to a hypothetical extra hour is silly.

They say it was nothing personal about Kelly but I wonder if....
    She nodded, then looked at me and said "And what do you do on the show?" had anything to do with them not taking to her.

I wonder if maybe A&D over-estimated their mutual respect with Simon. It does rather seem like what he says goes - over the authority of anyone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    If I had her looks and her body and her career breaks and her money, I really dont think I would give a toss what anyone thinks of me! apart from those giving me the work!!!

shes stunning, and I think youre all jealous! :D;)

I can see it now.... ant and dec all ego-tastic thinking that being presenters means they have a say in decisions. if it was me i would have asked them what their names were!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read it and found it really interesting. :)

They are obviously very close and focused and I'm certain that plays a huge part of their success.

I'm still left puzzled though about Ant & Dec's discontent about lack of consultation since, like Kelly, they were employees and not part of the production team. In spite of their vast experience in the business, they could only offer an opinion anyway so it all seems rather childish to have had their noses put out of joint by it.

Thank you too Kolakube and that snippet reinforces my above opinion.

I wonder if they will allow the public to become aware of similar thoughts in the future because it does kinda cast suspicions on their very very well cultivated image.
    I'm certain Ant & Dec wouldn't want to burst that particular bubble.;)