Options

My beloved cat put to sleep, help!!!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry for your loss FCUK. (Ignore the one moronic post.)

You did all you could and your lovely girl knew how much she was loved. It will get easier bit by bit and you'll be able to remember the good times and smile.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Take care of yourself,
    DC
    xx
  • Options
    FCUKFCUK Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me Acashoonhay...she went missing the Thursday. We found her Saturday afternoon. Please read more carefully next time.

Cheers DC. Reading all the warm comments makes me smile and it helps. I do have an update regarding this whole situation cause when the Vet said that she was thinking someone did this to her, we contacted the RSPCA right away. There is an on-going investigation right now cause the people we believe did this have been reported before for cruelty against another cat. This was about 6months ago. Too much of a conicedance. Also our locat PSCO is getting involved cause this is a 2nd report against them. These people moved in about 1yr ago, now thats 2 reports in a space of a year. Before they came, nothing of the sort happened, my cats were totally safe.

Anyhows these people have had a visit from the RSPCA and denied it of course but they then spoke in their own language whilst the officer was there and they have told us they tend to speak in their language when they don't want anyone to understand what they are saying. Both the RSPCA and PCSO are very suspicous of these people and the investigation is still currently going. Also the day when i hammered on the door of these people i spoke to the dad and he said...i quote 'their kids, what do you expect them to do'

We believe the kids did it cause we've noticed them doing similar things in the past and for the dad to say that was very strange. He didn't even wanna deny it.
  • Options
    AnniecaAnnieca Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FCUK wrote: »
    Excuse me Acashoonhay...she went missing the Thursday. We found her Saturday afternoon. Please read more carefully next time.

Cheers DC. Reading all the warm comments makes me smile and it helps. I do have an update regarding this whole situation cause when the Vet said that she was thinking someone did this to her, we contacted the RSPCA right away. There is an on-going investigation right now cause the people we believe did this have been reported before for cruelty against another cat. This was about 6months ago. Too much of a conicedance. Also our locat PSCO is getting involved cause this is a 2nd report against them. These people moved in about 1yr ago, now thats 2 reports in a space of a year. Before they came, nothing of the sort happened, my cats were totally safe.

Anyhows these people have had a visit from the RSPCA and denied it of course but they then spoke in their own language whilst the officer was there and they have told us they tend to speak in their language when they don't want anyone to understand what they are saying. Both the RSPCA and PCSO are very suspicous of these people and the investigation is still currently going. Also the day when i hammered on the door of these people i spoke to the dad and he said...i quote 'their kids, what do you expect them to do'

We believe the kids did it cause we've noticed them doing similar things in the past and for the dad to say that was very strange. He didn't even wanna deny it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very hard for me to bite my tongue cause i really wanna go back to the house and shout the odds at them. It's so frustrating having to wait and wait, but i believe justice will be done here one way or the other!!! Everyone else round the area are fine and these people seemed ok too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delilahcat wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for your loss FCUK. (Ignore the one moronic post.)

I take it the "one moronic post" is mine.

As a vet, my priority is the animal, not soft soaping an owner.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sorry to hear that, my condolences.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    What a really sad post. The first one I read on here as a new member. I've had many pets put to sleep mainly due to old age. It's the hardest thing to do. You wouldn't want them to suffer though. We truly are kinder to pets than humans in that respect. I hope it gets easier for you. Remember the good times :)
  • Options
    dellydelly Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is devastating. I lost my two dogs last year and had to have them both put to sleep. . It was November the 5th last year for the 2nd dog.. Remember, remember the 5th November. How could I possibly forget. It will get better in time. I have lost several cats and dogs over the years but they are all alive in my heart. It does get easier in time. But, just be easy on yourself for the moment because losing a cat is a real bereavment like any other. It is natural to ask why but you did everything that you could.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We lost our Charlie in May this year he was 3 years old and the handsomest black cat in the world, He was hit by a car in our street, We live in a very quiet street in a rural village, pure bad luck, his back was broken and he was PTS, and is buried in our yard,
    I am a 58 year old man and not ashamed to say I cried my eyes out, So I know how you feel,

We recently got a new kitten and he is already a firm member of the family, and is a great pal to our dog, as I write he has just discovered the toilet, SO funny, he is running around the house shaking his paws, had us roaring with laughter, He wont do THAT again,
    We will never forget Charlie, But the kitten has filled the cat shaped hole in our lives,

I hope that soon the tears will be replaced by the smiles that the memories of your cat WILL bring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks you guys. It's been nearly 4wks (4wks tomorrow) since that awful day. The pain is still very raw but it's not half as bad as it was in the first week or so. But i do get some moments where i stop and think of Suschi. As i write now i'm starting to drop a few little tears. I think i will never stop crying over her, but probs wont be as much. Now i'm in the stage of thinking of all the amazing times we had. For a 16yr old cat, vets and us believed she was in such good shape that she looked and acted at least half that age. I would bet all my money she would have lived til at least 20 cause she had no signs of slowing down, she was quicker then any cat younger then her.

Had that not of happened what happened to her she would still be here today and in fact she very much is...in my heart. I've never in my life had to put a cat down, she was the first which made it all the worser. When i was around 5 we did have another cat before Suschi but she got hit by a car, but as i was so young i never fully understood the pain of losing her. After her came Suschi. So she was the 1st cat ever that i truly lost. Part of me feels she knew she couldn't fight it as strong as she was she couldn't repair herself nor could the vets.

My biggest regret is that i wasn't there at the time she was laid to rest. But right now...she is buried in our garden and im with her now and always will be.
  • Options
    Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hooter wrote: »
    Our Sophie was just lovely..she`d been rescued by my friend from a horrible home. My kids loved her...she`d sit in a shoe box and they would tow her round the lawn , she loved it. Had 2 other cats at the time but she was kinda `special`..that`s what hurt the most.

Never had any pets since the last one went...can`t bring ourselves to do that ever again.

I know how you feel, I swore I'd never have another pet after my last one was PTS, but 15 years later and theres still this cat shaped hole in my life, I guess that why I hang out on places like this to hear other peoples stories.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Deleted post.