Options

Undeniable - ITV.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    topdog2006 wrote: »
    My theory is a bit out the box, but bear with me: could Jane have killed her mother?

At the start she seemed quite jealous that she was about to have a brother (kept referring to "our place") etc. so she might have pushed her mother onto the rocks in jealousy, which went too far?

The whole mysterious man with a rock could have just been something she made up as a child but has come to believe as the truth as she's grown up with the guilt?

I know there's a lot of holes in this but something along those lines perhaps??

I thought that as well!
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    topdog2006 wrote: »
    My theory is a bit out the box, but bear with me: could Jane have killed her mother?

At the start she seemed quite jealous that she was about to have a brother (kept referring to "our place") etc. so she might have pushed her mother onto the rocks in jealousy, which went too far?

The whole mysterious man with a rock could have just been something she made up as a child but has come to believe as the truth as she's grown up with the guilt?

I know there's a lot of holes in this but something along those lines perhaps??

Oh I LIKE this :)

So the blood could be daughters?

And her Hubby's a bit shifty
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im glad there are only 2 episodes. I couldn't last out for 6 like they usually have. It has been said that there are twists so your ideas could hold water.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooh now you might be on to something there. Very TV drama-ish. I'm fairly sure I watched a drama recently with a twist in a similar vein. Can't for the life of me think what it was.

Her depression and mental health problems might not be due to her mum's murder, but by her blocking out what she had done.

Yep, you may be right :cool: but I hope you're not because you've spoiled the ending for me now. :p:D

And maybe the husbands a bit off because she's said something when drunk/asleep?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hansue wrote: »
    Im glad there are only 2 episodes. I couldn't last out for 6 like they usually have. It has been said that there are twists so your ideas could hold water.

Better than broad church, I almost died of boredom
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    The person was a man and knew her, he said "hello, Anne" and knew she would be there at that location. The person was also wearing a wedding ring.
  • Options
    topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Her depression and mental health problems might not be due to her mum's murder, but by her blocking out what she had done.

Yep, you may be right :cool: but I hope you're not because you've spoiled the ending for me now. :p:D

That's exactly what I'm thinking- and I kind of hope in a way I'm wrong too so I can be surprised next week!
    chloeb wrote: »

And maybe the husbands a bit off because she's said something when drunk/asleep?

This is what I've not figured out yet, if my theory turns out to be true I'm not sure how Janes blood would end up mixed in, or how she'd end up bleeding at all in fact.

I didn't actually notice that the husband was off at all but a few people seem to have picked up on it- I think he's just concerned for their child and worried by the fact she seems to have gone into a downward spiral from the accusation (and not for the first time it seems). It seems unlikely he would be connected unless he knew her when she was 7 years old :confused:
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think maybe it's the Dad. She falsely accused two innocent men in the past, has had mental health problems, maybe she blocked out of her mind that it was the Dad and randomly accuses other men now and then to keep trying to fool herself. It's like the man stood over the girl, debating whether to off her, decided he couldn't kill his own daughter and ran off. Although not sure how that would all pan out if the daughter had just said to the Police "Daddy killed Mummy". :D
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Christine Bottomley

She was in Heartbeat at teatime with a bad lad boyfriend called Jamie and being bought a drink in the Aidensfield Arms by some character called Lefty.

ll.She was in Inspector Banks the other week as well.
  • Options
    topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I think maybe it's the Dad. She falsely accused two innocent men in the past, has had mental health problems, maybe she blocked out of her mind that it was the Dad and randomly accuses other men now and then to keep trying to fool herself. It's like the man stood over the girl, debating whether to off her, decided he couldn't kill his own daughter and ran off. Although not sure how that would all pan out if the daughter had just said to the Police "Daddy killed Mummy". :D

The Dad's definitely a possibility. There was something about the look he gave when she was telling them about the man she'd seen which immediately made me think "It was him!", he seemed awfully quiet and looked quite shifty.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the doctor has a twin brother he doesn't know about
    adopted at birth?
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He definitely did it (I think) and he fiddled the blood test (but I don't know how)
  • Options
    Suzanne_EnnazusSuzanne_Ennazus Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Oh I just made a post about this, as didn't see there was already one. I really enjoyed it, but annoying it's in 2 parts. Is the next part on next week?

I thought the man she accused had done it, but says his blood didn't match.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surfking wrote: »
    Funny that Claire Goose's mum in this looks quite similar to Peter Firth's daughter - http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3683496704/nm0102644 -
    https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=540&q=tracy+brabin&oq=tracy+brab&gs_l=img.3.0.0l6j0i24l4.1052.2434.0.5092.10.9.0.1.1.0.171.430.7j2.9.0....0...1ac.1.39.img..0.10.436.CXbz1C5C0vU

You may recognise her from Corrie years ago or as the main boy's mum in the CBBC show The Ghost Hunter (2000-02) - or those Sainsbury's adverts too.
    Oops - I of course meant step-mother seeing as we all saw what happened to her actual mother :blush: Spitting image, though.
  • Options
    Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you met Peter Firth once 23 years ago you would never recognise him today. In fact it took me minute to tell it was the same chap who was in Spooks.

The fact that the plot called for a blood test, rather than a simple DNA swab, must mean that there is something dodgy about the blood sample.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    I reckon he gave himself a blood transfusion before the test....

Thinking along those lines myself
  • Options
    Suzanne_EnnazusSuzanne_Ennazus Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I watched again online and points I noticed are the killer knew her mother's name. They showed the killer's wedding ring, and then when she saw her father they showed his wedding ring. She accused the Dr after the her Dr warned her to not stop taking the anti depressants at once.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wouldn't the daughter's DNA be similar to her Mother's though? How do they know that the tested it against the right sample of blood?

I enjoyed it and like the theories here. Also glad it's only two episodes!
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The blood test seemed dodgy! I enjoyed this.

Can't really call where it's gonna go but I think she will have been right and it was him, but he keeps making calls to friends in high places to keep him free. The false vein idea from the true story is freaky but possible and links with him being in the medical profession; alternatively some sort of fake result/coverup at a police level perhaps? But Jane will pull through (despite seeming increasingly cray) - or perhaps she'll never prove it, then at the end she'll be killed at the same place ... by the doctor. :D

The guy who made this also did A Mother's Son with Hermione Norris which was very good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    There was a true story in LA - a woman who visited out patients woke up in her bed and had memory of being raped- by a doctor. But she couldn't move.

She was poor and the good Dr had seen her at a reduced rate charge.

He then said that she was a known prostitute and slept around. And was only after compensation!

It was this girls poor standing in the community accusing the very popular Dr. NO one would believe her. They took a vaginal swab and had the DNA of the last person to have sex with her.
    The Dr let a Dr take his blood for DNA - the results came back that it wasn't his DNA in her.

All well and good, till the Dr who took the blood from the accused decided he wanted to do another blood test. So accused Dr came in and held out his arm. It was then the Dr realised that the accused Dr had inserted a long medical vain into his arm - the vain that would be used fior the blood test. The fake vien was filled with someone elses blood.

So they took blood from accused Drs other arm 0- and it matched the sperm DNA.

The Dr thought no one would believe her against him, and when they wanted a blood test he simple put a vain of different blood into his ar.

He almost got away with it!

I read that story a few years ago too and I'm wondering if the writer may have pinched the idea!. Here's a link of the story if anyone wants to read about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Schneeberger
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice he called his daughter the morning before going to the station because he had something to tell her I wonder what that was?
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loopilou wrote: »
    Did anyone notice he called his daughter the morning before going to the station because he had something to tell her I wonder what that was?
    I think he called her after he looked up pictures of Jane, so was probably telling her he recognised her from a previous meeting. Not completely sure though.
  • Options
    Fadge1968Fadge1968 Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    The whole thing had a bit of a "samey" feel about it, like we've seen it all before. Loony accuser, no one believes her then it turns out she was right.

I hope the doctor guy didn't do it. Then it would just be too predictable.
  • Options
    loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep2week16/undeniable#.U0OvO069Kc0
    Press release for next weeks episode looks like things really hot up .
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    I think he called her after he looked up pictures of Jane, so was probably telling her he recognised her from a previous meeting. Not completely sure though.
    His daughter was also acting as his lawyer, and they obviously had time to get the CCTV footage from the hospital. That is what it may have been about.