Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be hard for Katy being voted out of two shows on the same night. :D

Hahaha, poor her :p
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    11. Katy Brand & Pasha Kovalev (23.2)
    12. Sarah Ferguson & Aljaz Skorjanec (21.0)
    13. Ainsley Harriott & Iveta Lukosiute (22.0)
    14. William Hague & Joanne Clifton (15.3)
    15. Barry Elliott & Ola Jordan (16.0)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Matthew & Aliona - 32.3
    2. Mimi & Kevin - 32.0
    3. Laura & Tristan - 31.3
    4. Jeff & Natalie - 29.8
    5. Tiffany & Brendan - 29.0
    6. Conor & Janette - 28.3
    7. Jason & Katya - 27.0
    8. Steffi & Ian - 25.5
    9. Mike & Kristina - 24.8
    10. Katy & Pasha - 23.2 (11th)
    11. Ainsley & Iveta - 22.0 (13th)
    12. Sarah & Aljaz - 21.0 (12th)

13. Moira & Anton - 18.6
    14. Barry & Ola - 16.0 (15th)
    15. William & Joanne - 15.3 (14th)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Matthew & Aliona - 7/4
    • Mimi & Kevin - 3/1
    • Jeff & Natalie - 6/1
    • Laura & Tristan - 6/1
    • Conor & Janette - 9/1
    • Tiffany & Brendan - 13/1
    • Jason & Katya - 20/1
    • Steffi & Ian - 28/1
    • Mike & Kristina - 35/1
    • Moira & Anton - 100/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    • Mike & Kristina - 2/1
    • Moira & Anton - 5/2
    • Steffi & Ian - 3/1
    • Tiffany & Brendan - 10/1
    • Jason & Katya - 12/1
    • Laura & Tristan - 18/1
    • Conor & Janette - 20/1
    • Jeff & Natalie - 20/1
    • Mimi & Kevin - 30/1
    • Matthew & Aliona - 40/1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancing the Rumba for Around The World week this week are Jason and Katya. Jason explains "we will be travelling to Spain for our Rumba. Katya has been trying so hard to get me into the mood of Spain, but it's just impossible with our British weather! The Rumba has to be hot and sultry otherwise it's going to look very, very awkward!" Katya tells us "Jason is struggling with the raunchiness that is needed for the Rumba. He's remembered the steps, now he just needs to perform them and act the dance well, or we could be in trouble on Tuesday night." Strictly Come Dancing continues on Tuesday at 5.00pm. Zoe Ball returns with Behind The Ballroom later tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello and welcome to Behind The Ballroom!

Joining me, Zoe Ball, tonight we have the lovely Craig Revel Horwood back to give us his lowdown on our couples' week six performances, and the gorgeous Vincent and Flavia will be here again to tell us all the chat from the Around The World week training rooms!

So let's begin tonight's show with the gorgeous Craig!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Craig - Week Six Performances

Nice to see you again Craig m’dear; how are you this week?

I’m fabulous darling, how are you?

I’m fantastic! Shall we get stuck in to our couples’ week six performances?

Why not I say! Who’s up first?

Well first we have to talk about Laura and Tristan with their Tango. You gave them an eight and they were fourth on the leaderboard, but they did end up in the bottom two. What on earth happened?

I have no idea, quite frankly! I was astonished that the public put her in the bottom two over several other weaker dancers.

You weren’t overwhelmingly positive about her dance though, were you?

No I wasn’t. I mean, it wasn’t her best dance, but it wasn’t the worst of the night, and there’s no way she should have been in the bottom two.

Fair enough, by the way I was shocked too! Right, what about Mike and Kristina’s Salsa? You gave it your second lowest mark of the night…

And it deserved that! It wasn’t great and to suggest it was would be ludicrous! He was very stompy and not at all fluid in it, so it full deserved the five that I gave it.

Has he improved? The public vote seemed to suggest he has!

Well, he has since week one. I find that Mike can have a reasonably good dance one week, and then a dance disaster the next. His Salsa met the criteria of the latter.

Oh Craig you meanie! Finally, tell me about Mimi and Kevin’s Charleston. It got the first ten of the series - unsurprisingly not from you!

It was amazing but did not deserve a ten, because there were some pretty static sections which just dragged the dance out. It needed to connect better, but the actual dancing itself was phenomenal.

You are picky, but I couldn’t agree with you more with that last part! Thank you so much, Craig Revel Horwood!

Thank you Zoe!

No bother at all. Now it's time for me to find out how are globetrotting couples are getting on in training, with the wonderful Vincent and Flavia!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vincent & Flavia - Training

Vincent! Flavia! How lovely to see you again. How have you both been?

We’ve been fantastic, thank you.

That’s fab! So this week it’s Around The World week, where each of our ten couples will be taking us to a different part of the globe with their dance. First up we have Moira and Anton who are performing an Australian Jive. How is their training going?

Hmm… it’s tough to call. It seems like she is finding it difficult to keep up with the pace of the song, and Anton for that matter.

Oh I do feel for her! The Jive isn’t easy, is it Vincent?

No, not at all. Not only is the music so, so fast, but there are so many steps thrown in to that piece of music. And on top of that you have to worry about kicking, pointing your toes… It’s not an easy task!

It doesn’t look it! What about Matthew and Aliona with their Egyptian Samba?

This is looking quite good actually. He’s a born performer and he can really show off his personality in his dancing, and this looks no different.

Do you like the sound of an Egyptian Samba, Flavia?

It’s an interesting mix, but as long as it is good, I will be impressed.

And finally, let’s talk about Steffi and Ian’s Quickstep. Funnily enough we’re flying her back over to Germany! Vincent, how is this looking to you?

It looks very good. She is amazing at the ballroom dances and always manages to look so elegant. If she keeps her frame and posture, and manages to fit in all those steps, this could be a winner.

Oh Vincent you tease! I can’t wait to see it, and to see you both again! Thank you for popping in!

No problem!

Unfortunately that's all we've got time for tonight, but I'll be back on Monday, where I'll be joined by my lovely Monday panel, including our latest eliminee Katy, and I'll be heading over to Elstree for a chat and sneak preview of Mike and Kristina's dance!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American Smooth
    • Tiffany & Brendan

Argentine Tango
    • Mimi & Kevin

Cha Cha Cha
    • Laura & Tristan

Jive
    • Moira & Anton

Quickstep
    • Steffi & Ian

Rumba
    • Jason & Katya

Salsa
    • Conor & Janette

Samba
    • Matthew & Aliona

Viennese Waltz
    • Jeff & Natalie
    • Mike & Kristina
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Week 7 - Favourite Couple Poll Midweek Results
    1 Laura Whitmore & Tristan - 33.3%
    = Moira Stuart & Anton - 33.3%
    = Tiffany Darwish & Brendan - 33.3%

Week 7 - Least Favourite Couple Poll Midweek Results
    1 Conor Maynard & Janette - 100.0%
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This week Tiffany and Brendan will be flying us over to the States with their American Smooth. "I'm coming home baby!" Tiffany yells. Brendan tells us "I think having an American theme for our Around The World week dance really has given Tiffany a new lease of life - it's almost like she's completely forgotten about our Samba! We have a fantastic song, and our dance is going to be set in New York, full of glitz and glamour. The lifts are pretty good too... I think this will be a fantastic dance for us." Tiffany shares Brendan's confidence, saying "I'm loving this dance. It's so classy and elegant and it really means a lot to me for our dance to be set in the USA. I just hope we'll be flying first class on the night, and not economy!" Strictly Come Dancing continues on Tuesday.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the VW will be Mike's dance. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the VW will be Mike's dance. :)

Are you trying to send me a hint? :p;)
  • Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Surely it's illegal for an American American Smooth by an American to score below 39...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    Surely it's illegal for an American American Smooth by an American to score below 39...

You'd think that wouldn't you... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For Around The World week, Mike and Kristina will be attempting a Viennese Waltz set in Scotland. "It's been quite fun actually!" Mike tells us; "Kristina's taken me up to Glasgow for a few days so we can really get into the spirit of Scotland in training. Although the weather is awful, I feel more ready to put on a crackin' job on the floor!" Kristina says "Mike has improved a lot over the series, and I can really see that this week. He's worked really hard on perfecting his top line and posture, and the footwork just seems to come naturally now. He is having some trouble with dizziness for the Viennese Waltz, but I'm sure he'll be used to it in time for Tuesday!" Find out how Mike and Kristina get on in the Around The World special tomorrow at 5.00pm.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    Are you trying to send me a hint? :p;)

40/40 please. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40/40 please. :)

Prepare to be disappointed then :p
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    41/40?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    41/40?

What Queenie's dreams are made of...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello and welcome to Behind The Ballroom!

Joining me, Zoe Ball, tonight we have my fantastic Monday panel, consisting of the fantastic quiz show host Dale Winton, Radio 2 DJ Sara Cox and our latest eliminee Katy Brand, plus I'll be popping over to Elstree for a little chat and sneak preview of Steffi and Ian's Quickstep!

So let's begin tonight's show with my lovely Monday panel!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monday Panel

Good evening to my terrific Monday panel - television presenter Dale Winton, Radio 2’s Sara Cox and our most recent eliminee Katy Brand! Lovely to see you all, thank you for popping in!

Lovely to see you to Zoe!

So Katy, it’s been a week since we waved you off the dancefloor. How has that week been for you?

It has been strange, but a bit of relief for the legs nonetheless!

I’m not surprised! Have you been missing training with the gorgeous Pasha?

Oh, immensely. I had so much fun in the training room with Pasha and it’s so bizarre to go from training every day to not at all. I do miss him!

Oh me too my love, me too! But this week, it’s Around The World week and our ten remaining couples will be flying us all over the planet and performing to songs from different countries, with different themes etc etc… Dale, I’m coming to you first. Mimi is doing a Japanese Argentine Tango. What do you make of that?

Oh… that sounds a bit strange, doesn’t it? I just hope it’s good because I’m imagining in my head that it will either be amazing or quite horrific to be honest!

Well here is their training footage. Katy, what are you making of them?

Oh I do love that lift! I think Mimi is such a fantastic dancer and she works so well with Kevin. I hope their music is amazing because I think this could be one of those dances where it just all fits together really nicely.

Oh we do hope so! Sara, your mate Moira over on the radio is doing an Australian outback themed Jive. Has she talked to you about it at all?

I haven’t had a chance to catch up with her sadly, but I’m loving her so far. Maybe the Jive won’t be the dance that suits her the most, but as long as she’s having fun and just enjoying herself, we are too.

Aww, that’s sweet! Finally Dale, let’s talk about Jeff and Natalie, who are doing a Viennese Waltz set in India - as if it couldn’t get more exotic! What are your thoughts on their training?

Well, I think Jeff is one of the best on the show, and if anyone can cope with the bizarre combination of an Indian Viennese Waltz, it’s him, so good luck to him I say!

Me too I say! Thank you so much all for coming in you lovely lot; my wonderful Monday panel, everybody!

Thank you!

Now I'm going to fly over to Elstree to meet Steffi and Ian and have a sneaky peak at their Quickstep!