Forum Member
    The cats will get eaten, yes.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D

The cat will only eat them if they get loose. Warning, chipmunks are super fast, like hairy rockets, so don't expect them to be little cuddle muppets and they need a large cage.
  • Options
    yappyyappy Posts: 6,310
    Forum Member

Not the cats! i mean for the chipmunks! would it be dangerous? is there a risk the chipmunk would get eaten by my cats?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D

The cat will only eat them if they get loose. Warning, chipmunks are super fast, like hairy rockets, so don't expect them to be little cuddle muppets and they need a large cage.

How adorable :)

Would the cats try to break into their cage though?
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    yappy wrote: »
    How adorable :)

Would the cats try to break into their cage though?

Depends on the cats. My 2 Maine coons would be permanently on patrol for the smallest opportunity. Chipmunks would probably die of fright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    Depends on the cats. My 2 Maine coons would be permanently on patrol for the smallest opportunity. Chipmunks would probably die of fright.

Oh no really

Theyve only ever killed a tiny tiny mouse once before that we found outside in the garden

What should i do? Iv just been on the pets at home website and really want a chipmunk! but obvs i dont wana get one if its gona get eaten and i dont wana get one and worry that my cats are gona try and eat it!
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get one then. Its a pet not a pair of shoes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't get one unless you fancy being kept awake all night. Yes the cats would love their new treat.
  • Options
    cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems cruel to me to keep rodents in a cage when you have a cat or cats. BTW why hamster or chipmunk? The two are very different.

http://www.super-chipmunks.co.uk/index.php
  • Options
    Shadow70Shadow70 Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cats_five wrote: »
    Seems cruel to me to keep rodents in a cage when you have a cat or cats. BTW why hamster or chipmunk? The two are very different.

http://www.super-chipmunks.co.uk/index.php
    Interesting link. I think the answer to the OP's question is in there, it says:
    Cats on the other hand seem to be the worst kind of pet to expect to share a home with a chipmunk. There are plenty of sad stories of a chipmunk meeting its end from the family cat. Cats it seems cannot resist a tasty chipmunk, and given time the pet cat often gets the chipmunk in the end.