Strictly Tour 2013

Comments

• Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    MVE wrote: »
    I'd love to see Louis dancing with Natalie, I think they'd be fantastic together! She's my favourite female pro dancer and as much as I love Michael, I'd like to see her with a really athletic partner again.

Oh yessssss! What a good idea :)

Now that might get me to consider paying £79! :D
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately that's not likely to happen as Michael is touring so Nat will be dancing with him.

And just seen that Aliona has tweeted she is NOT doing the celeb tour next year .... so I presume that means that both Katya and Ola/James will be doing it.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    And just seen that Aliona has tweeted she is NOT doing the celeb tour next year

Wow that's unexpected, I thought she was a certainty! :eek: And I could have sworn that she said somewhere before that she is doing it...

From her tweet it sounds like she's not doing it to avoid long-term injury rather than being told she's not wanted though.

I do agree that paves the way for the Jordans to do it, and maybe even for Katya to dance with Pasha seeing as they tour together anyway, with Karen & Artem dancing together?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Wow that's unexpected, I thought she was a certainty! :eek: And I could have sworn that she said somewhere before that she is doing it...

Didnt she say just yesterday in an interview at the childrens Baftas that she was working on the tour?!....strange turn around in 24 hours...:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt she say just yesterday in an interview at the childrens Baftas that she was working on the tour?!....strange turn around in 24 hours...:confused:

Unless she's choreographing part of it but has been told on medical advice not to dance it maybe?
    Forum Member
    Unless she's choreographing part of it but has been told on medical advice not to dance it maybe?

I never would have thought of that, my brains too slow :D Sounds very plausible!
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would guess she isnt taking part just due to the nature of her recent injury - she would be silly to risk further injury taking part in a 6 week intense tour
  • lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I would guess she isnt taking part just due to the nature of her recent injury - she would be silly to risk further injury taking part in a 6 week intense tour

Are you sure it is six weeks? Looks like 3 and a bit to me.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    If Denise doesn't tour then I cannot see Jordans taking part, however if she does maybe Chris Hollins back as an "oldie" - he is doing the Xmas show and doesn't do Breakfast any more.

I didn't see the tour the year he won, but was given the video and they didn't let him and Ola do their Charlston - just turned it into some sort of mish-mash group thing that didn't work.

Van outen v Hollins in the Charleston - that would be worth the price of a seat !!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lateone wrote: »

nope, i have no idea it was a pure guess!

however long it is, its an intense run of live shows, sometimes 2 a day so I think she is just being sensible and this is coming from a huge Aliona fan who has already got her tickets and is gutted she isnt taking part :(:(
  • lateonelateone Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    nope, i have no idea it was a pure guess!

however long it is, its an intense run of live shows, sometimes 2 a day so I think she is just being sensible and this is coming from a huge Aliona fan who has already got her tickets and is gutted she isnt taking part :(:(

The Strictly 2013 tour website with the dates shows a much reduced tour,3 weeks and a weekend.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's not likely to happen as Michael is touring so Nat will be dancing with him.

And just seen that Aliona has tweeted she is NOT doing the celeb tour next year .... so I presume that means that both Katya and Ola/James will be doing it.

Maybe she was told that Johnny Ball is doing the tour and she would be expected to dance with him?:p:rolleyes:
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Maybe she was told that Johnny Ball is doing the tour and she would be expected to dance with him?:p:rolleyes:

I think she has been dropped tbh... It was only a few weeks ago she tweeted this.

Aliona tweets : https://twitter.com/AlionaVilani/status/262942205533110272
    I wanted to clarify saying that I had/have no part in all the rumors going aroundand and looking forward to working on the next year's tour!
    I had already agreed a month ago with the Tour provider to their terms and conditions for the SCD Live Arena tour 2013!
    Just to clarify again it's absolutely in my plans and goals to do the SCD Live Arena tour 2013 and I would look forward to take part in it!✌
    Forum Member
    I unfortunately think so too....I think if it was to do with her injury then she would have known way before now and would not have been talking just the other day in an interview about it....I'm one gutted Aliona fan, this is the first time im free to attend the live tour and my fav pro won't be there :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    From her tweet it sounds like she's not doing it to avoid long-term injury rather than being told she's not wanted though.

well she sounded pretty happy about it to me - almost too happy. came across as 'they've kicked me so I'll act all pleased like I'm not bothered and didn't want to do it anyway' she was SO keen a few days ago!! Hope this is not the case.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Strictly 2013 tour website with the dates shows a much reduced tour,3 weeks and a weekend.

as I said in my previous post, I have no idea how long the tour is going on for - 6 weeks was a pure guess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unless there isnt a celebrity for her.......

long shot I know but it might be the case.......

*shrug* who knows, unless she tweets the reason we wont ever know
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks to me like the tour needs some more attractions.

Prices up and less events?

They seem to have used up almost all the backlog of celebs?
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    It looks to me like the tour needs some more attractions.

Prices up and less events?

They seem to have used up almost all the backlog of celebs?

Certainly seems a bit lacking in sparkle - we have tickets for Sheffield and the lineup is not setting me on fire.

Denise is likely to be in the final as weekly judges top scorer, with either Kimberley or Nicky or even maybe Lisa getting through on public votes.
    So Denise may not win as public decide the Strictly winner, and we know that (almost definitely) Kimberley won't tour so they really need to get Nicky and Denise signed up.

No "Comedy turn" signed yet either.
    Widdy with Craig was brilliant 2 years ago, and Nancy with Artem was hysterical last tour.
    We know Lisa is not hopeless, so it won't be funny for her to do the schtick

Is John Sergeant free ?? Kristina needs a celeb.

I still think there may be some clues from the Xmas show with former winners being re-contacted.
    May have the situation where they have "guest" celebs at various venues.
    Forum Member
    So to clarify

who is NOT touring - that we know of or educated guess..

Pro's...
    Aliona
    Brendan
    Vincent
    Flavia
    Anton
    Erin

Celebs 2012..
    Kimberley (GA Tour so not)

Probably nots =
    Sid
    Johhny Ball
    Richard Arnold
    Jerry Hall
    Victoria
    Colin

Anyone else thinking this is a real mess ?????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well factor in rehearsal time as well.
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    I think she has been dropped tbh... It was only a few weeks ago she tweeted this.

Aliona tweets : https://twitter.com/AlionaVilani/status/262942205533110272

I think her previous tweets are indicative that something's happened in between to make her no longer able to tour, and since then she's had her injury assessed. She hasn't done anything to fall out of favour so in my mind it really has to be either injury-related or due to lack of a suitable partner. She has the big draw celeb for the Christmas special too, so she's obviously still in favour.
    well she sounded pretty happy about it to me - almost too happy. came across as 'they've kicked me so I'll act all pleased like I'm not bothered and didn't want to do it anyway' she was SO keen a few days ago!! Hope this is not the case.

It came across to me like she was happy to get the time at home in Florida, that's all.
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katya is doing the tour as Craig said to her on twitter "see you in the tour".I think he's pally with her as he was at her wedding.
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who I think will be on tour is....

Pros
    The Jordan's, Kristina and robin, Artem and Katya, Iain Waite and Natalie, Pasha and Karen

Celebs
    James J and Denise
    Pasha and Dani
    Natalie and Michael
    Karen and Nicky
    Artem and fern
    Kristina and Tom Chambers
    Ola and Russell G or Richard
    Robin and Lisa
    Katya and Harry or Ricky whittle
    Iain Waite and Kara Tointen (coz none likes Denise
    I don't think Louis will take part as its too near commonwealth games he needs to start training
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Who I think will be on tour is....

Pros
    The Jordan's, Kristina and robin, Artem and Katya, Iain Waite and Natalie, Pasha and Karen

Celebs
    James J and Denise
    Pasha and Dani
    Natalie and Michael
    Karen and Nicky
    Artem and fern
    Kristina and Tom Chambers
    Ola and Russell G or Richard
    Robin and Lisa
    Katya and Harry or Ricky whittle
    Iain Waite and Kara Tointen (coz none likes Denise
    I don't think Louis will take part as its too near commonwealth games he needs to start training

That's a lot of couples - is it not usually 7 or 8?
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

Despite having been confirmed? :confused: