Options

i thought Alien were a joke act

JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
Forum Member
I was gobsmacked when the judges raved about Alien. I genuinely thought it was a joke act and the judges were going to give them four no's. Their singing sounded like carstrated cats!

Comments

• Options
    cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Agreed. They sounded awful, and that was even on a song that required a very limited vocal range.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    I couldn't believe they get standing ovations. They were average at best, the vocals were pretty terrible
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also thought they sounded terrible and was scratching my head at the rave reviews from the judges. Can't see them sticking around in the competition long....
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Style over substance. They looked ridiculous and sounded worse.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were horrendous.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    the thing that got me about their audition was how much reverb and echo there seemed to be when the singing/rapping started

sounded like it had been auto-tuned to death before broadcast
  • Options
    Skyler_WrightSkyler_Wright Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed them because I was still watching Strictly.

And I'm not going to search to watch because I don't care about groups.
  • Options
    Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed them because I was still watching Strictly.

And I'm not going to search to watch because I don't care about groups.

I was watching Strictly too, so missed them. But from the reactions on here.....good job I did miss it. :)
  • Options
    Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you may eat your words when u see them at bootcamp
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    the thing that got me about their audition was how much reverb and echo there seemed to be when the singing/rapping started

sounded like it had been auto-tuned to death before broadcast

The number of acts who had reverb added on last night's show was shocking.
    It was even funnier with the ones who had no backing track for their "first choice" song then had the full production for their "back-up" track.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't that crazy about them either nothing special I was expecting much better.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those 'standing ovations' were clearly edited.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    They were dreadful. Glad I weren't the only one who thought the same.
  • Options
    james_von05james_von05 Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how the public gonna like them... coz I find them little bit on annoying side.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're just an old version of little mix. And the name...Alien...it's so, so bad.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They looked stupid, sounded terrible and I thought that Cowells's piles were giving him grief then realised he was doing a standing ovation.

Bizarre
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I was gobsmacked when the judges raved about Alien. I genuinely thought it was a joke act and the judges were going to give them four no's. Their singing sounded like carstrated cats!

I thought that with most of them from this series so I'm just as gobsmacked as you are with Alien.
  • Options
    LondonCityGirl_LondonCityGirl_ Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    They have "manufactured" written all over them. I think Nick Grimshaw described them as being totally different to what is out there at the moment which is ridiculous - it's clear that someone looked at Little Mix, Fifth Harmony and a few K-pop bands and found 5 teenage girls and styled them to within an inch of their lives. The producers must really think the Xfactor audience is made up of nothing more than imbeciles. After seeing this particular band I stopped watching and cancelled my series record on Sky.
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    you may eat your words when u see them at bootcamp

I'm guessing you are a friend of theirs....
  • Options
    jamiepr74jamiepr74 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I couldn't believe they get standing ovations. They were average at best, the vocals were pretty terrible

They probably didn't but with clever post production editing anyone can polish a turd.....
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I couldn't hear much singing from them, bootcamp will hopefully change that
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I couldn't hear much singing from them, bootcamp will hopefully change that

you may live to regret that hope :p;-):D
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »

Yeah them standing ovations thing has to be orchestrated as some acts clearly do not deserve so huge appreciation and it comes across very fake with the audiences reaction in my opinion. I really think Xfactor would be much more watchable if it went back to basics with studio auditions to begin with and cut the fakeness and be more open that this act was discovered on youtube or found on he pub circuit, whatever.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of the groups i am looking forward to seeing Silver Tone. As for Alien i think they will soon be disappearing into space.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    To be honest it doesn't matter if they can't sing. Britain, may be the world, is waiting for a new girl band - not 4th power cutesy pop - but a band with a bit of edge (or unstable characters) that would make good tabloid/entertainment news fodder. Alien look as if they could be the part!