Options

Paul Walker's daughter sues over 'wrongful death'

gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/29/entertainment/paul-walker-lawsuit/index.html
"The bottom line is that the Porsche Carrera GT is a dangerous car. It doesn't belong on the street," Walker's attorney, Jeff Milam, said in a statement. "And we shouldn't be without Paul Walker or his friend, Roger Rodas."
The court document contends the 2005 Carrera GT should have come with an electronic stability control system to protect against swerving. The car also lacked adequate side door reinforcement bars and had defective rubber fuel lines, according to the lawsuit.

Not sure how 'reinforced' one can be in a 200mph, 600 hoursepower vehicle, when he was doing close to 100mph according to the coroner report

And swerving?, either way your scorched earth, no computer is saving you at those speeds

Sad all around really

Comments

• Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like the daughter has been scammed by greedy lawyers, she's only sixteen isn't she. Hope her Dad left her a lot of money because once they lose the case she won't have any left.

Idiots driving on a public road at that speed in that car - a car both knew about, only in America as they say.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she can buy herself a new daddy with the money she'll get.
  • Options
    evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's lucky no innocent bystander was killed or it may be her father's estate being sued>:( The only people responsible for their deaths are Paul Walker and the driver (name escapes me) actually I'm sick of hearing about Paul Walker,his death was selfish and it's just luck that no-one else died that day.>:(>:(
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I have a strong hunch that a greedy lawyer has been whispering to her ear for a while. Her dad and his friend were driving way too fast on a busy road, luckily no innocent bystander or other driver were hurt because of their dangerous driving.
  • Options
    Aslan52Aslan52 Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convenient timing intended to capitalise on anti VW sentiment.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    She's lucky no innocent bystander was killed or it may be her father's estate being sued>:( The only people responsible for their deaths are Paul Walker and the driver (name escapes me) actually I'm sick of hearing about Paul Walker,his death was selfish and it's just luck that no-one else died that day.>:(>:(

This. Paul Walker is no saint, let's make it clear right now.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    This. Paul Walker is no saint, let's make it clear right now.

Yeah i mean all that charity work and money donated in his own time makes him evil^_^
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Yeah i mean all that charity work and money donated in his own time makes him evil^_^
    Dude went out in a fireball, I don't think it's a stretch. Doesn't make him 'evil'

That has no reflection on his charity however for which he should be remembered
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    Aslan52 wrote: »
    Convenient timing intended to capitalise on anti VW sentiment.

I doubt it. Cases like this take a long time to put together and even longer to get to court if they ever do.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    evie71 wrote: »

He wasn't driving.
  • Options
    Aslan52Aslan52 Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I doubt it. Cases like this take a long time to put together and even longer to get to court if they ever do."

As do cases against major car manufacturers who are accused of doing bad things.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Sounds like the daughter has been scammed by greedy lawyers, she's only sixteen isn't she. Hope her Dad left her a lot of money because once they lose the case she won't have any left.

Idiots driving on a public road at that speed in that car - a car both knew about, only in America as they say.

I dont think Meadow is being scammed at all. The car model her dad was in had been involved in several accidents prior to his and people had died in those too. Porsche settled those cases.The safety measures have been implemented in their other models. Pauls family are very savvy, I doubt theyd let Meadow pursue this if it was a swizz. It maybe his insurers are raising the action in her name.

Not sure how this cashes in on the VW scandal as they have nothing in common and the drivers family started court action months ago.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I dont think Meadow is being scammed at all. The car her dad was in had been involved in several accidents prior to his and people had died in those to. The safety measures have been implemented in their other models. Pauls family are very savvy, I doubt theyd let Meadow pursue this if it was a swizz. It maybe his insurers are raising the action in her name.

Not sure how this cashes in on the VW scandal as they have nothing in common and the drivers family started court action months ago.
    They broke the speed limit excessively. An accident was always going to happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member

I think that when people say that he wasn't a saint, they're usually referring to his love life.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    They broke the speed limit excessively. An accident was always going to happen.

Maybe, maybe not. The car has no electronic stability control and experts have raised concerns for years. Porsche have settled other claims for accidents in this model. One in very similar circumstances when it hit a wall. The car was built to travel at excessive speeds. If the families can show a design or manufacturing fault their speed is probably irrelevant to a civil case as it was made to go much faster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody else is always to blame these days especially if it involves lawsuits which of means money money money! Which seems to be all that matters these days.

I think the person driving is probably to blame not VW.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    She'd do better to sue the estate of the driver, but its worth less than Porche
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    She'd do better to sue the estate of the driver, but its worth less than Porche

Yes, she can pretend she's doing it as a form "justice" but we all know the wonga from the lawsuit is the ultimate goal.

Obviously her dad didn't leave her much in his will.

Ahem.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the comments here about a 16 year old who loved her dad are simply horrendous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is suing Volkswagen going to bring her dad back?

Like I said someone else is always to blame. Accidents don't happen to famous people, apparently.
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For crying out loud! Americans' greed knows no boundaries; nothing is ever anybody's fault over there; it's always someone else's. VW are gearing up to face financially damaging lawsuits so these parasites will piggyback onto their current misfortunes. Hope she loses, big time.

Perhaps anyone intending to buy these high performance cars should be made to sign disclaimers to protect the brands from idiots.>:( Thank goodness no innocent bystander was injured or worse...
  • Options
    Javier_deVivreJavier_deVivre Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the comments here about a 16 year old who loved her dad are simply horrendous.
    Just because her did died in an accident (which was caused by poor driving not the car they were in) doesn't mean she should be exempt from being criticised for making stupid claims.
    _______

"The court document contends the 2005 Carrera GT should have come with an electronic stability control system to protect against swerving. The car also lacked adequate side door reinforcement bars and had defective rubber fuel lines, according to the lawsuit."
    I think the person that worded this really needs to bare in mind that the car it happened in is a road car and won't have the safety systems that are built into racing cars because they are not racing cars, they are just road cars designed to be driven on the road, adhering to the respective traffic laws.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    For crying out loud! Americans' greed knows no boundaries; nothing is ever anybody's fault over there; it's always someone else's. VW are gearing up to face financially damaging lawsuits so these parasites will piggyback onto their current misfortunes. Hope she loses, big time.

Perhaps anyone intending to buy these high performance cars should be made to sign disclaimers to protect the brands from idiots.>:( Thank goodness no innocent bystander was injured or worse...

Exactly if you want to avoid a terrible accident take your foot off the accelerator.

Don't sue the car manufacturer.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Maybe, maybe not. The car has no electronic stability control and experts have raised concerns for years. Porsche have settled other claims for accidents in this model. One in very similar circumstances when it hit a wall. The car was built to travel at excessive speeds. If the families can show a design or manufacturing fault their speed is probably irrelevant to a civil case as it was made to go much faster.

Spot on
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    Yes, she can pretend she's doing it as a form "justice" but we all know the wonga from the lawsuit is the ultimate goal.

Obviously her dad didn't leave her much in his will.

Ahem.
    Please say your on a wind up! You do realise how much he made from the fast series and his daughter was left everything.

Just because her did died in an accident (which was caused by poor driving not the car they were in) doesn't mean she should be exempt from being criticised for making stupid claims.
    _______

"The court document contends the 2005 Carrera GT should have come with an electronic stability control system to protect against swerving. The car also lacked adequate side door reinforcement bars and had defective rubber fuel lines, according to the lawsuit."
    I think the person that worded this really needs to bare in mind that the car it happened in is a road car and won't have the safety systems that are built into racing cars because they are not racing cars, they are just road cars designed to be driven on the road, adhering to the respective traffic laws.

I drive a ford galaxy and that has electronic stability control for one and do you know anything about the brand of car or do you just jump in without the facts!

Fact is the car had design issues and fans of the manufacture know this already, guess not everyone is a petrol head or has access to google.
  • Options
    Javier_deVivreJavier_deVivre Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drive a ford galaxy and that has electronic stability control for one and do you know anything about the brand of car or do you just jump in without the facts!

Fact is the car had design issues and fans of the manufacture know this already, guess not everyone is a petrol head or has access to google.
    My comment was in reference to the complaints that the car did not feature safety features as used in racing cars. I do appear to have misunderstood what the comment was alluding to.

People can go on about the safety features of the car not being up to standard all they want, but that is not the reason they died, they died because the driver was driving dangerously.

Had the driver been driving safely then they would not have died. Porsche aren't responsible for their deaths, the driver is. Any compensation claims should be made against his estate as he is the one to blame.