SVD Recording

I have a film I would like to copy onto DVD but its in 2 parts.

1st part 1 - until news
2nd part - news until end

Is there a way I can record the 1st part from start to finish and then write the file to disc, Take out the DVD and use a program to cut out the news and then record part 2 straight after part 1

Comments

• nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Choices:
    Manually record, so you control the pausing at the break.
    Record everything from the start of part one to the end of part two on a rewriteable DVD, then edit on PC and author a DVD-video. Freemake (freeware) and VideoRedo (pay) can help here.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cmorris wrote: »
    I have a film I would like to copy onto DVD but its in 2 parts.

1st part 1 - until news
    2nd part - news until end

Is there a way I can record the 1st part from start to finish and then write the file to disc, Take out the DVD and use a program to cut out the news and then record part 2 straight after part 1
    How did you record it, and what format is it in?

It's much easier to edit the video files before they get burned to a DVD.
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Ok its a program on the SKY Planer. The 1 st part of the film is the start until the news. The second part is from after the news until the end
  • djcityboydjcityboy Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    cmorris wrote: »
    Ok its a program on the SKY Planer. The 1 st part of the film is the start until the news. The second part is from after the news until the end
    Was it from Channel 5 by any chance? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Is the recording on your Sky box?. Did you record it in HD on a Sky+HD box or in SD on a standard Sky+ box?.

Do you have a DVD recorder?.
    If not, do you have a video capture card for your PC and a DVD writer?.
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the programme is on your Sky planner then this is a piece of cake to create a single recording on your DVDR hard drive, then to archive to DVD disc.

Select playback on your Sky box, record on your DVDR, and send the first part of the movie to the Sky box. Press pause (not stop) on your DVD recorder when the end of the first part has finished playing back - then start playing back the second bit (after the news), press pause again to continue the recording, and press stop at the end of the second part of the movie.

At this point you will have one single recording on your DVDR of the whole movie - including adverts. If you want to edit out the adverts before archiving to DVD disc then you can do so.