Series 9's Mark Gatiss episode is a Halloween episode?

BlackTarantulaBlackTarantula Posts: 359
Forum Member
31st October is a Saturday this year... Mark Gatiss is said to be writing a scary episode which looks to be episode 9. Working our way backwards then, series 9 would start on 5th September.

Wonder if the Mark Gatiss episode is the ghost story that was teased late last year? And how will children's trick-or-treating be impacted by a new episode of Doctor Who on TV? :D

Comments

• FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First and foremost:

The broadcasting date has not been announced as of yet.

Second:

Considering that filming began on 5th January this year, It could be possible for his episode to be shown on 31st October.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    It's not been confirmed but all signs seem to point to it at the moment.

Gatiss himself said he was writing a scary one, which would fit in.

Although he's not been officially confirmed for the ninth episode it'd make sense for him to be there - he's been in every Moffat series since, and has indicated he's written multiple scripts for Capaldi's Doctor.

Indeed, working backwards we figure out the series would debut on Saturday 5th August, aligned with the odd comments here and there that have mentioned a September start, along with the fact that it would just make sense to start it then.

So, nothing official, but all signs point to yes right now. If so lets hope it turns out scary for all the right reasons. :p
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What if it turns out that his episode is the 7th or 8th and its still on 31st October? That could put the start date to mid September and seeing as we don't yet know, its as good a guess as any.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    What if it turns out that his episode is the 7th or 8th and its still on 31st October? That could put the start date to mid September and seeing as we don't yet know, its as good a guess as any.

It's not, eps 7 and 8 are confirmed as a two-parter written by Harness
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    He's never bettered The Unquiet Dead for me.

The Idiot's Lantern was so-so as were Victory of the Daleks, Night Terrors and The Crimson Horror.

I did enjoy Cold War quite a bit and I thought Robot of Sherwood was good fun too (I know I'm in the minority there, though).

I'm a huge League of Gentlemen fan and I would love to see the Doctor take on Papa Lazarou!
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    I'll be very surprised if the new series doesn't start on August 29th.
    21st century Doctor Who series have nearly always started at bank holiday weekends.
    :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It does seem very likely that Gatiss will pen the episode that will air during Halloween.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    He's never bettered The Unquiet Dead for me.

The Idiot's Lantern was so-so as were Victory of the Daleks, Night Terrors and The Crimson Horror.

I did enjoy Cold War quite a bit and I thought Robot of Sherwood was good fun too (I know I'm in the minority there, though).

I'm a huge League of Gentlemen fan and I would love to see the Doctor take on Papa Lazarou!

That could be how Clara leaves - she becomes Papa Lazarou's wife... :o:D
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    That could be how Clara leaves - she becomes Papa Lazarou's wife... :o:D

You've just made me feel sorry for Papa Lazarou :)
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

Haha! It could be his undoing... :D
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member

"You are MINE now!!"

And to top it all, bring in Tubbs from the local corner shop!