Neighbours - Australian pace

Comments

• gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brennan is alive, it was a cover-up. Kate needs him back to be happy again.

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness if and that is a big if that Troy is the abusive ex then that is terrible continuity on Neighbours side. When he had his first stint last year there was no hint of any relationship in the past nevermind an abusive one.

What, just like Sonya was Callum's mum, that was a retcon.

We know Troy can be violent, as he threatened Harold and he held Sonya hostage in Lassiters, trying to get her to go back to her old ways.

Jade told Tash she learned to stand up to her ex, she stood up to Troy when he was around last time. She didn't let him get tog her and told Troy that Sonya was better off with Toade and the Troy would never replace Toadie in Callum's life. She called Troy a loser.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilly1981 wrote: »

We know Troy can be violent, as he threatened Harold and he held Sonya hostage in Lassiters, trying to get her to go back to her old ways.

Jade told Tash she learned to stand up to her ex, she stood up to Troy when he was around last time. She didn't let him get tog her and told Troy that Sonya was better off with Toade and the Troy would never replace Toadie in Callum's life. She called Troy a loser.

The Sonya/Callum storyline was not planned from when Sonya started. They needed a storyline so came up with that.

Maybe they couldn't afford another actor to play Jade's ex so knew Dieter was going to come back so gave him that to do. For such a laughable storyline there has to be laughable reason for him being the ex when there was no hint at all him and Jade where even together in his previous stint.

All of Jade's interactions with Troy in his last stint were to do with the Sonya/Toadie/Callum storyline.

I don't know why I wasted 5 minutes writing that as I feel like I am talking to a broken record.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member

Held her hostage?!! I don't think so!!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,219
    Forum Member
    I think Jade and troy both had reasons why they would not want their past relationship made public, they were hardly nice to each other. jade did warn Troy to stay away
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I think Jade and troy both had reasons why they would not want their past relationship made public, they were hardly nice to each other. jade did warn Troy to stay away

Question, when Troy had his first stint last year, do you think that the Neighbours writers knew that he would return the next year and would be revealed as Jade's ex? (that they sowed the seeds for the storyline the next year)
    Forum Member
    Question, when Troy had his first stint last year, do you think that the Neighbours writers knew that he would return the next year and would be revealed as Jade's ex? (that they sowed the seeds for the storyline the next year)

I actually thought that Troy would turn out to be Jades ex when they announced that Jades ex would turn up in Ramsey street. When I heard troy was returning I posted it on ds and not long after that someone from here posted it on other sites as her own theory (guess who that was!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    randomlise wrote: »
    Susan: I'm going on a date
    Karl: A date? With... a man??
    Susan: No, with a giraffe!

LOLLLL

So the whole Susan brings her date to Karl's first gig thing didn't play out quite the way I thought it would. Also, I feel like the writers are aiming for Bernard to be 'kooky' when in fact he's just skeevy. When he kissed Susan I was like "Ack! Get off her!" I really hope we don't see much more of him.
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I actually thought that Troy would turn out to be Jades ex when they announced that Jades ex would turn up in Ramsey street. When I heard troy was returning I posted it on ds and not long after that someone from here posted it on other sites as her own theory (guess who that was!).

Ha. This storyline has been mentioned so much on here that it can only ever be a disappointment when it finally comes to the screen.
  • randomliserandomlise Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    When is Troy supposed to be returning anyway??

And I really hope Chris doesn't mess things up with Aidan, but it looks like he will...
    Forum Member
    misco wrote: »
    So the whole Susan brings her date to Karl's first gig thing didn't play out quite the way I thought it would. Also, I feel like the writers are aiming for Bernard to be 'kooky' when in fact he's just skeevy. When he kissed Susan I was like "Ack! Get off her!" I really hope we don't see much more of him.

Ha. This storyline has been mentioned so much on here that it can only ever be a disappointment when it finally comes to the screen.

I know I regret suggesting it in the first place, i didn't realise that someone would be so obsessive with it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a particularly impressive Apple product placement episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sonya/Callum storyline was not planned from when Sonya started. They needed a storyline so came up with that.

Maybe they couldn't afford another actor to play Jade's ex so knew Dieter was going to come back so gave him that to do. For such a laughable storyline there has to be laughable reason for him being the ex when there was no hint at all him and Jade where even together in his previous stint.

All of Jade's interactions with Troy in his last stint were to do with the Sonya/Toadie/Callum storyline.

I don't know why I wasted 5 minutes writing that as I feel like I am talking to a broken record.

Last sentence- yep. I dont know why any of us bother. We should just not engage
    Forum Member

which bit lol??
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the latest Oz episode on You Tube...

Is Richard Jasek planning to bringing in the Pappas family to Ramsay Street? Chris is already a regular and today we saw Chris' Dad, Mum and Grandmother...

long term I could see the Pappas' in Ramsay Street but I think they are probarly planning more Cannings and the Kapoors are now regulars...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is no product placement in Neighbours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I should have put a ;) on the end of my post so that YOU would know that I was joking;)
    Forum Member
    I'm willing to bet that Chris and Aidan get back together by the end of the week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is Troy supposed to be returning anyway??

week commencing 28th May.
    Troy is the new owner of No. 32.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm willing to bet that Chris and Aidan get back together by the end of the week
    today was Aidan's last episode but Bobby Morley is back on at the Neighbours studios filming, he will be back in 3 months.
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps not officially, but there is still far too much gratuitous over use of Apple products on Neighbours these days.
    Almost every mobile phone used by the characters is an iPhone, and bar the occasional HP Compaq, every laptop
    computer seen in use by several characters is either a MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air.

A good thing the shopping centre development failed, or we'd probably regularly see the local Apple Store!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whateve. They constantly show apple products end of
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Bobby is back filming? cant Neighbours offer him a regular contract?

Troy wont be at Number 32 for long as this is a guest stint, so we will have to wait for the Kapoors to move in a little while longer..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    So Bobby is back filming? cant Neighbours offer him a regular contract?

Troy wont be at Number 32 for long as this is a guest stint, so we will have to wait for the Kapoors to move in a little while longer..

Apparently he just finished work on a feature film. No actor's going to miss a feature film role to do 'Neighbours'. Perhaps Bobby Morley only wanted a 6 month contract, knowing the film was coming up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at least he is working constantly...so he is back on Neighbours which is good.
    Forum Member
    ughh it looks like Kate is chasing after Kyle again... can't she just give up?!
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit Kate looks so stunning now. That red dress was so hot. I have a feeling Kate will end up with Kyle. Still don't quite understand why they make Jade come across like a complete wench, she is not that bad at all. Make her nicer Neighbours people! She is not a witch.

So glad Chris and Aiden have split up. Aiden just acted like a big automatic princess with his wrist flapping and leg crossing, Chris just came across as a straight boy trying to be gay which just didn't work. Mind you, wow, as they had a few kisses on screen. Well done Neighbours.

Token ethnics or not, Preeya comes across like a Bollywood actress with her eye rolling. A bit awkward. I keep thinking she is going to bust into a Bollywood dance routine. Where has she been recently? No storyline for her.

I wish they made that old lady who was being fleeced by Lou a permanent character. She looks really sweet and has a gorgeous voice. Boohoo!