Options

The Mentalist season 6 (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    ambariambari Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    And? We've known of that possibility for a while, also. Are you allowing you're Partridge theories to cloud judgement here? Like I said, until we've seen the actual episode it's difficult to judge. There's a LOT of crap being floated on the internet about this episode right now.

I too am a Partridge theorist...
    But that's not why I'm annoyed.

I'm annoyed because for the past 6 years we have been dished up a certain image of Red John - physically we were given a description that he had hair, was quite slim (certainly not overweight) and a real charmer. From the way he conducts himself we know that he is agile, sophisticated (almost European like). His speech sounds somewhat feminine.

If it turns out that McAllister is our man, then he is almost the polar opposite of these attributes.
  • Options
    SpoilerificSpoilerific Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    ambari wrote: »

I'm annoyed because for the past 6 years we have been dished up a certain image of Red John - physically we were given a description that he had hair, was quite slim (certainly not overweight) and a real charmer. From the way he conducts himself we know that he is agile, sophisticated (almost European like). His speech sounds somewhat feminine.

If it turns out that McAllister is our man, then he is almost the polar opposite of these attributes.
    Agreed. They'll probably get round the differences in description by saying the man Rosalind Harker met was never Red John, but a Tiger, Tiger guy, and same with the therapist who Jane knew. It was probably never Red John. Which would be even more pathetically annoying, if all the clues we've been given over 6 seasons about Red John, were never about him at all.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ambari wrote: »

...and apparently all is explained in the episode. Until we've all seen the actual, final, cut of the episode, what is the point in getting all frustrated about things?
  • Options
    ambariambari Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Agreed. They'll probably get round the differences in description by saying the man Rosalind Harker met was never Red John, but a Tiger, Tiger guy, and same with the therapist who Jane knew. It was probably never Red John. Which would be even more pathetically annoying, if all the clues we've been given over 6 seasons about Red John, were never about him at all.
    I know the show has the added ingredients of Mentalism etc., but at the end of the day, it's really a murder mystery show at heart. So what's the point of serving clues to the audience if things will just be explained away in a heartbeat in 1 episode at the end of the tale. What's the point of serving up clues to the audience if 99.9% of them are just distractions.

In most of the episodes, PJ takes in clues, uses his gift/wisdom to process these clues and then identify the killer. Most murder mystery audiences try to do the same thing - that's the main appeal of watching these kinds of shows for this audience type. Surely then the clues should make some sense or add up to a feasible conclusion.

In my opion, it would be lazy of the writers to turn around after 6 years and say, those apples you were looking at, were actually oranges.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just watched it and it's almost unbelievable how big a pile of shite it was. To say it is a huge let down that makes almost zero sense and explains next to nothing is still a gross understatement.

What a perfect ending we had in the season 3 finale and it was thrown away in favour of this. I'm actually angry about it, it was that crappy a reveal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps budding writers and artists should put together some kind of graphic novel short online for fun, with an agreed alternate ending! That could be fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm watching it now, and the leak is legit. What a load of sh**.
    The way he gets him in the church! Seeds, and then throws a pigeon at him?!?! FFS That is awful.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the only real fun, for me, to be had with the Mentalist are the standalone stories.

Red John mystery has dragged on too long..we had a couple of seasons of teasing but nothing concrete. Then Jane kills RJ but it turns out not to be RJ.

Now we are in the position where we likely to get a reveal that will have no real basis in the clues to date and frankly it's all rather ho hum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I loved that ending in season 3. It was so well done, carried so much weight, and was so out of left field, that to turn around in season 4 and say 'it wasn't Red John' was a disgrace. They should have stuck with it.

The other thing I find really disappointing, is that for me this season so far has been far and away the best for years! It's been so good because it's focus has been Red John, that the reveal is going to ruin it (for me), and undo all their hard work.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been some serious leakage in the States....

Red John reveal spoiler below.....
    Red John is indeed Sheriff McAllister.

Pictures;
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabB
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabE
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabn
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oabx
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oab5
    http://hizliresimyukle.com/oab9

How incredibly disappointing.

It's not just the reveal, but it seems like from the sounds of it Bruno Heller came up with the list of 7, then just did 'eenie meenie miney mo'. Apparently it's written badly, and doesn't make sense at all. That's what's most disappointing.

I'm out after Sunday's episode. If it's as lazy as it's being said, they don't deserve my time any more with any future episodes. LAME.

Agreed with everything said
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    Unfortunately the only real fun, for me, to be had with the Mentalist are the standalone stories.

Red John mystery has dragged on too long..we had a couple of seasons of teasing but nothing concrete. Then Jane kills RJ but it turns out not to be RJ.

Now we are in the position where we likely to get a reveal that will have no real basis in the clues to date and frankly it's all rather ho hum.

agree - I too prefer the standalone stories and the RJ storyline has become v. tedious

i said earlier that Heller had the final call and that I wouldn't be surprised if he picked the least popular suspect(s) to be RJ for maximum effect, which he certainly seems to have done

he also killed off two of the suspects who were top of the list for many fans early on

looks like he's been reading the fansites :cool:
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    does anybody have a link where to watch it, pm me please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »

I think the initial link has now been pulled but it's popped up on torrents as a webrip mp4 file.

Last few comments I read about it are that it's now rumoured to be a false cut made up of cutting room floor scenes... not sure if this is just because many people aren't used to rough-cuts and press previews, though, but the massively polar opinions between journalists and fans who definitely watched the official preview and fans who have watched the leaked cut does make me wonder...
  • Options
    Forum Member

Had a look round and looks like CBS have removed it now. Sorry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Had a look round and looks like CBS have removed it now. Sorry!

Thank you , my hope is somebody would of saved it as it was up hours from all accounts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you , my hope is somebody would of saved it as it was up hours from all accounts.

Yes they have... like I said, it's now hit torrent sites...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes they have... like I said, it's now hit torrent sites...

i have never used them , i will have to get somebody else to download it and send it me --cheers for the heads up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have never used them , i will have to get somebody else to download it and send it me --cheers for the heads up.

It'll eventually filter through to the one-click file-hosting sites, too. These things always do...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Having seen the 'leaked' episode this morning, I sincerely hope that isn't the final cut. Nothing was explained and it's what we already knew from the CBS promo (who RJ was, when people were freeze framing the shots). Now as the CBS promo shows RJ then I doubt the identity of RJ will change. So in a sense the reveal was already spoiled by CBS themselves.
    As a fan from the beginning I was disappointed. Too much filler and not enough substance for me.
    I am now looking forward to ep.9 when the 'new' chapter begins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing was explained...

That's what I find unusual about this leaked vid because almost every advance preview I've seen or heard about states that stuff gets explained... maybe not absolutely 'everything', but a good chunk of stuff... whereas a lot of folk who have seen this leaked vid are commenting that next to nothing is explained.

Either folk have polar opposing views regarding exposition or two vids have been seen :D

Were the 8 points listed on TVFanatic dealt with, for starters?
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/11/the-mentalist-preview-who-is-red-john/
    Equally the various points on SpoilerTV:http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/11/the-mentalist-episode-608-red-john_171.html
    Annoyingly, the journo on STV refused to verify the leaked vid which for a lot of people is pretty much just confirming it's real, lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If anybody has a working link can you PM me please as all the links I have found have got taken down .
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were the 8 points listed on TVFanatic dealt with, for starters?
    http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/11/the-mentalist-preview-who-is-red-john/
    Equally the various points on SpoilerTV:http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/11/the-mentalist-episode-608-red-john_171.html
    Those points all correspond with the leaked episode. It's real, sadly, and I think there's a very tangible element of "review this well or you're not getting any future screeners" going on with the overly positive pre-reviews. I left a comment criticising the episode on spoilertv and a minute later, when I went to reply t someone else, I was banned from making any more!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    It's real, sadly, and I think there's a very tangible element of "review this well or you're not getting any future screeners" going on with the overly positive pre-reviews. I left a comment criticising the episode on spoilertv and a minute later, when I went to reply t someone else, I was banned from making any more!

Unfortunately none of this is new in TV/Film reviewing, heavy handed tactics by the channel marketing execs. Similar goes on in gaming journalism, too... However, yeah, I'd seen comments by DarkUFO regarding banning users on STV who had left negative comments. Proof of which side his bread is buttered, anyway...
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    do we think it was deliberate misdirection?
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    do we think it was deliberate misdirection?

a red herring if you will.