Options

Is Shirley now the Queen of EastEnders?

13»

Comments

• Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    You know you're really funny Mo. :D

I know but everyone gangs up on me and bullies me so I am a bit shy of posting sometimes.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always the same members but several? I don't think its irrational to dislike a character who has been just awful to her children, tried to drown one, pissed over her best friends memory with no comeback or responsibility. She actually broke the law providing a false alibi. Yet blamed IAN in the Ben situation who didn't do that and saw it fit to trash his business. And don't forget she set fire to her business her own child was in. This is the few examples of where nothing happens to her when she treats people like crap.

I tend not to post these days because of the judgements you get for not liking Shirley plus I am not keen on the EE forums these days. I don't all the retcons to make the audience sympathise with her. For example Dean was a baby who couldn't have been on that ride at the fair. As Shirley left when he was a baby not even a small child.
    I actually feel she pulls the other Carters down and obsession with Phil is tragic. I cant stand women who put men over their children and best mates as she did.

Shame as Linda is a good actress. I just wish they would give her better material than doormat to Phil and treating her family like crap and getting away with it. She deserves that but at the same time I feel she is very much overused. I don't even want my favourite characters overused I prefer a spread of stories not just a few stories about the same characters.

No that's Philth.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing compares to what Shirley has done to her so called best friend right down to threatening a child.

And agree with AngelicPrincess give her some stuff away from Phil and his doormat, because the actress can be great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing compares to what Shirley has done to her so called best friend right down to threatening a child.

And agree with AngelicPrincess give her some stuff away from Phil and his doormat, because the actress can be great.

Philth's list of crimes is endless.

I want Shirley as far away from him as possible because it totally ruins Mick's character as well.

Why would he allow his beloved sister to be treated like shit by the repulsive bastard?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shocking isn't it that she keeps going back to him?

You really don't like Phil do you, it looks worrying at times :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha! Ha! :D

It's not so much what he does (I like a good villain) it's that he never, ever pays for his crimes and most of all his preposterous 'invincibility' that destroys the credibility of any character he comes into contact with. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Ha! Ha! :D

It's not so much what he does (I like a good villain) it's that he never, ever pays for his crimes and most of all his preposterous 'invincibility' that destroys the credibility of any character he comes into contact with. :(

I suppose I could live with Phil being dealt with just the once. :)
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    She's more of a flawed character. She had such a dreadful childhood and has messed up so often that anyone can feel superior to her. Even murderers, embezzlers and adulterers come out looking better.

If she's flawed then she must have some good points. I can't find any.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose I could live with Phil being dealt with just the once. :)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She likes strutting around pretending to be top dog I think. One of the attractions of being with Phil. If Phil didn't wield any power I dont think she would be as interested in him.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    No that's Philth.

Agreed, it's always ends up back at Phil. She needs to stay well away from him, please...
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Agreed, it's always ends up back at Phil. She needs to stay well away from him, please...

I agree with you but Phil/Shirley are never over haha. When Sharon finally gets her revenge (if she actually has the confidence to do it), I have a feeling that Phil will turn to Shirley. Part of me thinks that Sharon's revenge will set the motions for Phil/Shirley reunion. Shirley will always be involved in Phil's life but I do wish they could bring in another man for her.
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still manage to like Shirley and feel for her even though i dont agree with most of the stuff she does, i liked the side she showed with Jean and her early days with Heather, there is nice side to her, she was also very good to Ben and Jay so there is a gentle good side to her and i think those traits have managed to stay in my mind.