William Hill - just me?

horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
Forum Member
✭✭
Browsing DS on my iphone, I keep getting redirected to the App Store to a William Hill App .... very annoying, is it just me??

Comments

• Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's getting right on my tits it's done it about 20 times then stops for a bit and starts again. If I want a gambling app I'll get one I don't need this site redirecting me when I don't want them too >:( >:( >:(
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Yep just said same on DS advertising thread. Well annoying !!!
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checking it wasn't something with my phone - looks like they want to turn us into a bunch of gamblers!
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also getting double ads that overlap the top right of the thread page. Very intrusive.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    While browsing DS on my phone, I keep getting foreign ads at the top of the page, not a language expert but it looks Danish/Norwegian or something like that, and I keep getting directed to the App Store when on my iPad >:(
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a mobile phone ............are there not 'adblockers' available ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

Yes but I like to support the site, providing it doesn't get too intrusive - but it's now starting to get too intrusive.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

Not on iPhones. On Android phones you can get various adblockers. On rooted Android phones, you can get very good adblockers.

I've always personally failed to see the point of an advert bouncing you out of the site you're visiting to the app store ..
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad it's not just me. It's making me want to throw my phone at the wall! This sort of thing has never happened on my phone before when using DS. Will it be like this from now on or is it just a temporary thing?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it's not just me. It's making me want to throw my phone at the wall! This sort of thing has never happened on my phone before when using DS. Will it be like this from now on or is it just a temporary thing?

It's usually just a glitch in the advertising - it shouldn't be permanent
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    Hi everyone,

Once again very sorry for the frustration and inconvenience caused by redirecting adverts. These are NEVER intended but unfortunately they sometimes slip through the net.

We have passed this on to our ad team to look into as a matter of priority and get this problem (and some others) resolved.

Thanks for your patience and apologies once again.
    DS
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    This is still happening for me, infuriating. >:( Fed up of being redirected to the Will Hill app every few seconds - it's literally as often as that! It's rendered DS unusable for me. Please sort it out!
  • Poppys_momPoppys_mom Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    This is happening to me again on my iPad, it's so frustrating. I finding it harder and harder to browse on DS.
  • JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poppys_mom wrote: »
    This is happening to me again on my iPad, it's so frustrating. I finding it harder and harder to browse on DS.

I'm glad it's not just me then

I keep getting directed to a Nissan page
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I keep getting the Nissan page too. It's getting pretty annoying.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scoobyju1 wrote: »
    I keep getting the Nissan page too. It's getting pretty annoying.

Nissan page for me too.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    adblockplus
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting a very annoying Nissan Qashqai advert that takes over the whole screen in my iPad. The only way to get rid of it is by killing Chrome.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    As well as the Nissan ads I get a McDonald's banner that crosses the page and jumps up and down when I am scrolling. Annoying!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last few days the loading of this site has been very slow. I'm getting hanging and crashes. Not happening anywhere else and I'm not harbouring any 'nasties'.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member

Same here, very annoying >:(......it's making DS a right pain on my Ipad
  • Poppys_momPoppys_mom Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Glad I'm not alone, the Nissan page keeps loading for me too >:( I don't think you can use Adblock plus on iPads, unless someone knows better and can point me in the right direction please...
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

Once again very sorry for the frustration and inconvenience caused by redirecting adverts. These are NEVER intended but unfortunately they sometimes slip through the net.

We have passed this on to our ad team to look into as a matter of priority and get this problem (and some others) resolved.

Thanks for your patience and apologies once again.
    DS

A thoroughly decent chap this DS person. One of my favourite posters.