Unexpected shutdown

Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My laptop unexpectedly shut down earlier this evening, so I was just wondering if I could have some help.

The information from the error report says this:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
Mini010208-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000061
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 88470120
BCP4: 00000001
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I haven't added any new hardware etc or anything like that, I don't think. I'm doing a virus scan atm, just in case, but I was just wondering if anyone could help me out (bearing in mind that I am really bad with computers...:o)

It's an HP Pavilion dv6500 laptop, if that makes any difference, and I'm using Vista with it.

Thank-you. :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any external devices connected (e.g. scanner, camera, MP3 player, external HDD etc)? If so, disconnect it/them and see if the system runs stably. Connect it/them (one at a time, if applicable) and see if it/any of them cause(s) the BSOD again.

If it was on a soft surface when this happened it could be an overheating problem.

Run out of ideas now...:confused:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the error which most stands out on that log is minidump
    Mini010208-01.dmp
    if you go to the windows folder directory in explorer,and expand it,you should see a minidump folder which contains the file above.
    There is software which can read the contents of a minidump and give you a good idea of the item which is causing the problem.
    A person on this link has the same minidump error code as you have,his error was usb related.
    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=886635