Options

A sad Mother's Day for Mel B's mum

2»

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here is `straight talking` andrea on jimmy back in 2000, see from 10:45. of course, jimmy fought back in a revealing documentary of his own a while later. in recent news, it seems jimmy may not be a suitable dad to her eldest after all.:eek:
  • Options
    LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Mel B is an arse. Has anyone seen those Jenny Craig adverts?

I sincerely doubt the sequence of events described in the advert is accurate. Bollocks did she call them first.
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    i think her mother`s treatment of mel`s first husband was shocking and that relationship didn't stand a chance once she got involved. fancy calling him a gold digger and probably gay on national tv. while at the same time mel was being `comforted` by max beesley. the biggest irony of all though, is the lesbian rumours that have dogged mel over the years.

this just smacks of deja vu though. perhaps mel`s mum does know best, mel certainly thought so with her spiteful `break up` single `tell me` following her divorce.

`I can't believe I was so blind I didn't see
    That you couldn't be the type of man to meet my needs
    Strangest thing is everyone tried to tell me
    But I did what they told me not to
    `

She was open about dating Christine Crokos some years back.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    here is `straight talking` andrea on jimmy back in 2000, see from 10:45. of course, jimmy fought back in a revealing documentary of his own a while later. in recent news, it seems jimmy may not be a suitable dad to her eldest after all.:eek:

To me that just sounds like a mum who's very concerned about her daughter's welfare. I don't think there's anything strange and certainly nothing wrong about what she said there. Her concerns were that he was after her money and he might be gay based on what she's heard from dancers on the tour. If Melanie wouldn't talk to her, she had to rely on second hand information.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should know that mum's are always right about their daughter's blokes. My mum certainly was and could spot a bad apple a mile off.:D

She probably knows her husband's a wrong un, she'll come back with her tail between her legs eventually.

It might be too late for any reconciliation then unfortunately.:(

No they aren't. My maternal gran was as wrong as two left shoes about my dad. She gave the marriage 6 months and my folks celebrated 42 years in January-- longer than my grandmother's three marriages combined.

Sometimes, mothers have a hard time letting go. My mother keeps her mouth shut but is always there to pick up the fall out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HenryBane wrote: »
    She was open about dating Christine Crokos some years back.

i dare say her mother was blissfully unaware of her daughter`s bisexuality at the time. even so, i does make her mother`s comments seem quite ironic.
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    To me that just sounds like a mum who's very concerned about her daughter's welfare. I don't think there's anything strange and certainly nothing wrong about what she said there. Her concerns were that he was after her money and he might be gay based on what she's heard from dancers on the tour. If Melanie wouldn't talk to her, she had to rely on second hand information.

i am not condemning what she said, as her mother she had every right to form an opinion. however, to be so candid after the event on national tv. well its pretty spiteful.
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how the lesser known Browns always attempt to "reach out" to Mel via a newspaper or a magazine. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Funny how the lesser known Browns always attempt to "reach out" to Mel via a newspaper or a magazine. :rolleyes:

Wonder if her sister will do a reaching out to her photoshoot holding a cupcake?
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This really does sound like an unfortunate situation.

I was on Andrea's Twitter page there - Most of her tweets are about Mel and Stephen and how worried she is. Is she really a property developer? She seems to be corresponding with Kerry Katona a lot, presumably she knows her through Danielle.

I don't think Twitter is the sort of place to air this sort of stuff, but the family really sound desperate. Andrea said that some terrible news prompted them to speak out in the last couple of weeks - I wonder what this was, some incident regarding the grandchildren's safety perhaps - that would tie in with Danielle's tweet to Mel asking if the kids were OK?

They are implying that there is a lot more to this that we are not hearing. Either way, it's sad for the family.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    To me that just sounds like a mum who's very concerned abour. If Melanie wouldn't talk to her, she had to rely on second hand information.

Exactly, second hand information. Tittle tattle. You can imagine her stewing in her own juice and passing her own prejudices about husbands on to the situation.

Sometimes parents have to keep out of things - however difficult. If a kid wants to talk with you they will. You cant force them. Its there choice based on your behaviour.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, second hand information. Tittle tattle. You can imagine her stewing in her own juice and passing her own prejudices about husbands on to the situation.

Sometimes parents have to keep out of things - however difficult. If a kid wants to talk with you they will. You cant force them. Its there choice based on your behaviour.

Oh please.

You've never had a child to worry about maybe?
    If she were mine I'd be worried that a man was trying to control my daughter and threatening to throw my granddaughter out of the family home when she turned 16.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, I wonder what Phoenix thought about her Grandmother publically bad mouthing her Dad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, I wonder what Phoenix thought about her Grandmother publically bad mouthing her Dad.

to be fair, i think phoenix has issues with her dad. she did report him to the police after all.
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for both her mother and her sister I read an interview they did with ok last year and they seemed nice.
    Almost desperate if they don't have a number how can they contact mel sounds like stephen has a hold over her.
    I remember when she released l a state of mind she had phoenix's facae blanked out and was very private.
    I know she also dated a woman around this time then after the whole eddie murphy thing she was famous again.
    I saw the it's a scary world series and she seemed happy enough to me though it could have been a front.
    The fact that stephen killed a duck with a brick sounds bad everyone deserves a second chance but it does sound like he is cutting her off from her family very sad.
    Sounds like a similar situation to kerry katona but without the drugs only mel would know if he is controlling her.