why is Melanie Healy/Owen from EEs so unmemorable

124»

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,241
    Forum Member
    Libby at least interacted with Lucy as a teenager (Lucy caused her break up with Adam) and her mother is living with Lucy's father. There is a link. Really Mel's connection with Lucy was strong for about a year but quickly forgotten about - did Mel say goodbye when she left? Also, I doubt Lucy remembers Mel very well.

I liked Mel a lot but please don't try to invent reasons for her to return re connections with other characters.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    That would've been fairly pointless though. She ceased any interaction with Lucy once her relationship with Ian ended.

I doubt Outhwaite would come back for a cameo.

It would be contrived I agree, but it's the only tie I can think of that would bring her back to the square. Not that a lack of ties or even reason has ever stopped them in the past (Mandy Salter, Claire Bates, Poppy). I'd rather see Chrissie back, which would at least give Sharon something to do, but I wouldn't be against a Mel return if they properly utilised her.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Libby at least interacted with Lucy as a teenager (Lucy caused her break up with Adam) and her mother is living with Lucy's father. There is a link. Really Mel's connection with Lucy was strong for about a year but quickly forgotten about - did Mel say goodbye when she left? Also, I doubt Lucy remembers Mel very well.
    Is Libby back for the funeral? I thought Denise just visited her. And wouldn't make much difference whether Lucy'd remember her, it's her funeral, she'd be dead.
    I liked Mel a lot but please don't try to invent reasons for her to return re connections with other characters.
    It was more of an excuse than a reason but, uh, O.K. :confused:.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a good character but she left years ago
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    She was a good character but she left years ago

:o No!

I thought it was last week.