Could deflation now become a danger for the UK economy?

2»

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Don't worry if Labour was in power then Flagpole would only be too happy to accept the fact that deflation is possible.

It is not very likely but possible.

why would I? what is it with the name checks and personal insults today.

I said there was no danger from deflation. do you disagree?
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    why would I? what is it with the name checks and personal insults today.

I said there was no danger from deflation. do you disagree?

I do. There is always a danger from deflation.

You are Tory supporter, or definitely come across as one, and will always form your opinions based on that. There are some Labour supporters who do that as well.

There is no problem with that but you should expect to have the piss taken because of it.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the UK economy reliant on house prices deflation could happen. As for the Sweden comparison, they also have their own currency ect, yet they are in deflation now.
  • andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    would our currency not move to negate the deflationary impact of these cheap imports?

Possibly so, but I was just showing that niceguy had already expressed a view as to the risk of deflation.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    I do. There is always a danger from deflation.

You are Tory supporter, or definitely come across as one, and will always form your opinions based on that. There are some Labour supporters who do that as well.

There is no problem with that but you should expect to have the piss taken because of it.

I have no problem with flagpole being a Tory (if that's what he is). I only have a problem when he/she states something as fact that is incorrect.

Some of my best friends are Tories!
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    I believe the economy waxes and wanes at the best of times, I also believe that there could be a shift for labour getting some seats back too, if labour do get back in which is a possibility then the tories have brought it upon themselves by making daft errors which you cannot ignore. Personally I think the tories are patronising to the electorate and think*everything they've done is for the better, er no as the nhs is in actual fact a worse state now than what it was when the coalition took over. After all its mostly middle class people that vote and they realise when mistakes are made.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    I believe the economy waxes and wanes at the best of times, I also believe that there could be a shift for labour getting some seats back too, if labour do get back in which is a possibility then the tories have brought it upon themselves by making daft errors which you cannot ignore. Personally I think the tories are patronising to the electorate and think*everything they've done is for the better, er no as the nhs is in actual fact a worse state now than what it was when the coalition took over. After all its mostly middle class people that vote and they realise when mistakes are made.

Is this in the right thread?