Options

old stb replacement?

Hi there,

Quick question but is there a way to get my very old STB updated?

it locks up often but never actually stops working fully. Internet will work for a while but then require me to restart the box every so often.

I know the new boxes have got hdmi output etc, and with the new update coming would be nice after being a customer for 4 years to have a stb that actually functions..

Can i get it updated? or does it have to break fully first?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    You could get a Tiscali+ box,

You can enjoy the superb multifunctional Tiscali+ for a one-off fee of just £50! 12 month contract renewal applies.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/tvextra/tiscali-tv-tiscali-plus.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    vangeezer wrote: »
    You could get a Tiscali+ box,

You can enjoy the superb multifunctional Tiscali+ for a one-off fee of just £50! 12 month contract renewal applies.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/tvextra/tiscali-tv-tiscali-plus.html

Ooh cool

Does that stb have more features then old one then? (other then the recorder built in etc) I cant find anything showing info about the stb u get, like connector types and network features etc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    its pretty standard,scart at the back and with HDMI it can upscale to 1080i,though I can't see any differance between the 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vangeezer wrote: »
    its pretty standard,scart at the back and with HDMI it can upscale to 1080i,though I can't see any differance between the 2.

guessing the hdmi is enabled now then? only thing i could find reviewing it said was disabled :)

with new epg coming soon could be nice
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Hi JayWalker,

The HDMI output is enabled and has been for a while, your right the epg update is due shortly - if your having issues with your current STB you could call in to TV support, alternatively PM your BB enabled number and I'll happily take a look, what does the box do? Pixelate/Freeze? How do you re-start, switch on/off with the remote or completely reboot the stb altogether?

Regards

Chris
    Regards

Chris
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MK_Chris wrote: »
    Hi JayWalker,

The HDMI output is enabled and has been for a while, your right the epg update is due shortly - if your having issues with your current STB you could call in to TV support, alternatively PM your BB enabled number and I'll happily take a look, what does the box do? Pixelate/Freeze? How do you re-start, switch on/off with the remote or completely reboot the stb altogether?

Regards

Chris
    Regards

Chris

BB enabled number? :)

What happens if i am watching VOD the response time just gets worse, then eventually just stops updating all together as in cant get out of the menus.. i have to power off with the little button the silver stb.
  • Options
    ched999ukched999uk Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    BB enabled number? :)

What happens if i am watching VOD the response time just gets worse, then eventually just stops updating all together as in cant get out of the menus.. i have to power off with the little button the silver stb.

I guess he means your Broadband enabled phone number. i.e. your phone number. Dont post it here though, use the Personal message on the forum to send MK_Chris your phone number. Click on MK_Chris name in one of his prevoiuse posts and select send message or something like that.