Former CS star to return

avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to the a Mirror Jim McDonald is coming back for 3 months.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street-bad-boy-jim-3402083

Comments

• CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always liked Jim. Didn't realise he was due for his release from prison.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elizabeth, you hoooooorrrre!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Elizabeth, you hoooooorrrre!

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I quite like it when Jim returns the the Street (so I do) ... but not permanently. So this is good news. :)
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I always liked Jim. Didn't realise he was due for his release from prison.

hes not, if you read the article it says he got 7 years for armed robbery in 2011 and that on his return he will still be in prison which is strange if hes back for 3 months.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hes not, if you read the article it says he got 7 years for armed robbery in 2011 and that on his return he will still be in prison which is strange if hes back for 3 months.

Yes, you are right. I wonder how they'll work around that one. An escape maybe?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If he got seven years he'd be out after three and half and he didn't got sentenced in 2011. So 2014ish it's about right.

It also states it if goes well the stint could be for longer.

A show source said: “Charlie was delighted to get the call to return to the soap. He still has lots of friends on the Street and will be back in June to film initially for around three months.

"If things go well he will be there until the end of the year and it could lead to more work
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    According to the a Mirror Jim McDonald is coming back for 3 months.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street-bad-boy-jim-3402083
    So he is ;-)

All crims get let out early these days.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad he's returning again, he's been a sort of character who makes occasional appearances for a long time now, so its good to hear that will continue despite him being behind bars.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wind your neck in everyone!
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Wind your neck in everyone!

Catch yerself on, unclekevo!
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Expect some stand off scenes between him and Tony then..
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll break out of prison specifically to have a scuffle with Tony.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he's still in prison. I bet Liz has to visit him every week for 3 months, begging him to give her a divorce so she can marry slimeball Tony and Jim makes her give him conjugal rights before he'll agree.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    So he's still in prison. I bet Liz has to visit him every week for 3 months, begging him to give her a divorce so she can marry slimeball Tony and Jim makes her give him conjugal rights before he'll agree.

Jim and Liz got divorced years ago. She married Vernon remember.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Glad he's returning again, he's been a sort of character who makes occasional appearances for a long time now, so its good to hear that will continue despite him being behind bars.
    Yes, agree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! This means more Liz! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait! !!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Expect some stand off scenes between him and Tony then..

Jim would batter Tony, IMO. And it is about time someone did.
    Forum Member
    Jim would batter Tony, IMO. And it is about time someone did.

Didn't Jim get battered by whoever Liz's fella was when he was last on screen? :o

I'm thinking it was Owen, but I can't remember properly.
  • solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news Charles Lawson, as Jim McDonald is briefing his role once again. In the article linked in this thread by the OP it says : "He joined in 1989 with wife Liz and 15-year-old twin sons Steven and Matthew." But we all know the other twin is Andy (played on and off by Nicholas Cochrane) - currently running a bar in Spain still ... I think. Steve (played by Simon Gregson) however has been in Corrie continuously for 25 years. The Ian Beale/Tony Hutchinson of Corrie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Jim get battered by whoever Liz's fella was when he was last on screen? :o

I'm thinking it was Owen, but I can't remember properly.

Well yeah Owen might have done, he was a hard man then - not like now with Phelan giving it all the "yes, master".

Was thinking of Vernon - but Vernon wouldn't have battered Jim - not "hard" enough. He went out with Liz before Owen did, anyway.

This is good news that Lawson is returning for a short period initially - IMO anyway.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooooooo :(!
    Forum Member
    Well yeah Owen might have done, he was a hard man then - not like now with Phelan giving it all the "yes, master".

Was thinking of Vernon - but Vernon wouldn't have battered Jim - not "hard" enough. He went out with Liz before Owen did, anyway.

This is good news that Lawson is returning for a short period initially - IMO anyway.

Yeah, Owen's gone from 'hard nut' to push over with Phelan.

I think with Vernon it was more a case of Jim beating him, I think to keep him from marrying Liz. :)

It'll be good to see Jim back again, he and Liz always work well together on screen, even if they're not a couple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Owen's gone from 'hard nut' to push over with Phelan.

I think with Vernon it was more a case of Jim beating him, I think to keep him from marrying Liz. :)

It'll be good to see Jim back again, he and Liz always work well together on screen, even if they're not a couple.

This - yes, exactly - pretty much agreed.
  • MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ugh i want him back irrevocably