Options

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, coming 2011 (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm impressed with naughty dog. Looking at Uncharted 1, it was good gameplay, OK graphics, then 2 great gameplay and better graphics and now 3??? why cant developers just use common sense and make god games, most especially treyarch, they had 2 years to make black ops. useless
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't mass effect in january? and lets not forget socom and infamous, seeing as those 2 dont have a date, they might be pushed back :(

Dead space in january as well, killzone feb, crysis (not really for me) march woow, seriously if cod dont step up, it will die out
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    I'm impressed with naughty dog. Looking at Uncharted 1, it was good gameplay, OK graphics, then 2 great gameplay and better graphics and now 3??? why cant developers just use common sense and make god games, most especially treyarch, they had 2 years to make black ops. useless

Because one developer cares about their art form. Their creation. They want it to be as good as possible and they take immense pride in their work.

The other doesn't give a crap what their game looks or plays like as they know it sells regardless. Hell look at uncharted 2 and then look at Black Ops. They're WORLDS apart. Even though black ops is a year of newer tech.

Proud, distinguished developers like Naughty Dog put others like Treyarch to shame.

I'd have been ashamed to release a game that looks like Black Ops on Ps3 knowing that owners had seen Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2.

Treyarch have no shame at all :eek: Ugly textures. Horrid shading. Frame rate issues on a game that looks so shit is unacceptable. I mean it's not like it's 720p with immense textures, graphics, environments and the ps3 is struggling to run it. It's a dog ugly game and still has frame rate issues.
  • Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the setting, other than that the trailer was rubbish. Not to worry though, ill let my imagination fill in the blanks with the knowledge that naughty dog will deliver as they always do.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    Isn't mass effect in january?

Mass Effect 2 is out for the PS3 in January, Mass Effect 3 is out for 360/PS3/PC in "Holiday" (Christmas-time) 2011.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Mass Effect 2 is out for the PS3 in January, Mass Effect 3 is out for 360/PS3/PC in "Holiday" (Christmas-time) 2011.

So the PS3 gets a double dose of ME in the same year, that's just too much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so when is the announcement for the ps3 exclusive game?
  • Options
    ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully last years and this years model will make a return... :o
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    So the PS3 gets a double dose of ME in the same year, that's just too much!

Yep :D
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTovDlPdx_w

Gameplay footage, though I havent watched it yet. Just about to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTovDlPdx_w

Gameplay footage, though I havent watched it yet. Just about to.

NBC blocked it, but this is the direct link, but not in HD

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/Uncharted-3-Demo-121310/1264778
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    1/11/11 - that 1st november 2011? first i though 'whoh january thats soon, odd choice to release it... oh wait

bloody yanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveOooo wrote: »
    1/11/11 - that 1st november 2011? first i though 'whoh january thats soon, odd choice to release it... oh wait

bloody yanks

You watch an American trailer (Ours doesn't say the date), from an American Game Developer, and you say "bloody yanks" because they used the American date system?
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    how could i know it was american? did it say 'american trailer' at the start / end?
  • Options
    ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You watch an American trailer (Ours doesn't say the date), from an American Game Developer, and you say "bloody yanks" because they used the American date system?

I was writing a travellers cheque out in Disneyland Florida and the till assistance wouldn't take it as he considered it 'post dated'. However a supervisor came along and muttered something to him about 'British' and he then accepted it. They can be aware of lifestyles outside of the US boarders however that doesn't stop me want to add a u every time they misspell colour....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Zaphodski wrote: »
    I was writing a travellers cheque out in Disneyland Florida and the till assistance wouldn't take it as he considered it 'post dated'. However a supervisor came along and muttered something to him about 'British' and he then accepted it. They can be aware of lifestyles outside of the US boarders however that doesn't stop me want to add a u every time they misspell colour....

I have done

I have also addressed stuff to YKK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Because one developer cares about their art form. Their creation. They want it to be as good as possible and they take immense pride in their work.

The other doesn't give a crap what their game looks or plays like as they know it sells regardless. Hell look at uncharted 2 and then look at Black Ops. They're WORLDS apart. Even though black ops is a year of newer tech.

Proud, distinguished developers like Naughty Dog put others like Treyarch to shame.

I'd have been ashamed to release a game that looks like Black Ops on Ps3 knowing that owners had seen Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2.

Treyarch have no shame at all :eek: Ugly textures. Horrid shading. Frame rate issues on a game that looks so shit is unacceptable. I mean it's not like it's 720p with immense textures, graphics, environments and the ps3 is struggling to run it. It's a dog ugly game and still has frame rate issues.

To be honest, next year, resistance 3, uncharted, infamous 2, and socom are getting released next year. I wonder what will happen to call of duty. I'm hoping it fails cause they are literally deliberatly disrespecting the ps3. Giving up nonsense. Even ps2 hd remakes looks better then black ops. Maybe this would teach them a lesson. Next year i hope they dont get my money. We should take a stand :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    ah man, I am so looking forward to UC3 - I'll probably get out UC2 a few months before the release date to get used to it again - I loved the MP side of it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a thought......... wouldn't it be nice if there were original games that come along and are superb.

Im getting a little bored of COD 7, BFBC 2, UC90.

WHERE WILL IT ALL STOP :D

Also MP on UC2 was shocking!
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going through Uncharted 2 again atm to get all the treasures (and my first platinum in the process :D) but one thing I've noticed is how imprecise some of the platforming mechanics are. Drake seems to only have 8 degree movement when jumping etc. rather than the 360 degree motion that should be expected. I don't think I've ever managed to climb a ladder on the first attempt because it's so hard to get Drake lined up properly :rolleyes:

Not saying it's a major problem, Uncharted 2 is still one of the best games on any system (my personal second favourite behind God Of War III), but just adding that little bit more flexibility to the platforming would make it even better.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a thought......... wouldn't it be nice if there were original games that come along and are superb.

Most new franchises are created when systems are first released, as if they're successful then the developers can simply continue the franchise throughout that whole generation and earn loads in the process. Constantly creating new franchises is financially very risky.

I fully expect that UC3 will actually be the last Uncharted game. Naughty Dog are too good to get bogged down on a single franchise - they'll create a new one for PS4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Most new franchises are created when systems are first released, as if they're successful then the developers can simply continue the franchise throughout that whole generation and earn loads in the process. Constantly creating new franchises is financially very risky.

I fully expect that UC3 will actually be the last Uncharted game. Naughty Dog are too good to get bogged down on a single franchise - they'll create a new one for PS4.

Ah yeah i get that. But wouldn't it be nice to see something fresh/groundbreaking come out of nowhere.

Even looking at the KZ3 beta footage from Utube, it looks the same as kz2 but with different maps etc.

Mind u, what new stuff can be created by someone shooting something. Its pretty much been covered i suppose. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member

As already posted, new attempts come every generation cycle, I mean, come on, this generation alone we've had Uncharted, BioShock, Assassin's Creed, etc.

We've had Call of Duty ditch World War 2 and go into the Modern era, which was new and impressive, and there are still loads of games out, If I'm honest, if all you see are sequels, you need to open your eyes more, have you checked out games like Flower? Mirrors Edge? Super Meat Boy? Limbo? There are originals games out there, you just have to find them.

Also, I liked the multiplayer on Uncharted 2, it was fun, still is, it's nowhere near as insane and glitchy and competative as the likes of COD but Uncharted I found more fun and laid back and good when you work as a team.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As already posted, new attempts come every generation cycle, I mean, come on, this generation alone we've had Uncharted, BioShock, Assassin's Creed, etc.

I agree there have been quite a few decent new IPs this generation, just in the last 12months I have played Borderlands, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption and The Saboteur, All new IPs and all pretty decent games.

My problem with sequels is not that we get too many as I quite like more games set in the same universe, but that they come out too close together which is something I like about the Uncharted series, they release them every couple of years rather than trying to turn them into yearly updates like UBisoft have done with Assassins Creed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One little flaw in that list, Red Dead Redemption isn't a new IP. ;)