the TWILIGHT BREAKING DAWN thread

15678911»

Comments

• PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    lordo350 wrote: »
    I only just now have managed to watch this... movie.
    Part 1 was awful. The worse experience I've ever had in a cinema. So shockingly, painfully bad I swore I'd never pay money for another Twilight movie.
    And yet... I had to see what all the critics were banging on about.
    For me, the film had 3 sections:
    The first bit was very dull and slow, very much like the movie that preceded it. There were bits that were pretty cool, such as seeing powerful vampires (and I would have loved to see a movie entirely about them, but there you go). The Renesme effects were atrocious, the acting was as bland as always... it was Twilight.
    The second section was the battle, and for like the first time ever in one of these movies I was actually into everything going on. The fact that they had the balls to change the story in such a way was completely brilliant. The fighting was awesome, the deaths made it so you had no idea who was up for the chopping block next... hell I couldn't believe I was watching a Twilight movie.
    And, when they killed Aro, I was thinking to myself that this is actually a solid ending to the movie, and even can justify the franchise to a degree. Bella finally gets to be a vampire with Edward, but half the Cullens died to make it so.
    But this is Twilight... and it seems the movies are incapable of actually being good, or sending out a decent message to the tween audience.
    Which brings me to the third section
    I was laughing for 10 minutes after, and I'm still chuckling now. That was, literally, the WORST "it was all a dream reveal" I have EVER seen. I mean... seriously. They'd actually made a better ending than the novel's and thus massively improved the movie... and then they do THAT?????? Can't risk killing off half the characters... you never know when a movie 6 could be on the cards.Unbelievably, shockingly bad. It was like a big joke. Hey guys! We have actually been brave enough to change the ending, to give Bella's story some conflict and moral!!! LOL jk. It was all a dream. Just... LOL.
    If not for the ending, this movie would have actually been pretty good. But the ridiculous ending, coupled with shoddy effects, terrible acting and... oh man, just that ending... makes this movie the crowning jewel of crap that has been shot at us since the dark days of 2008.
    RIP Twilight. And unlike your main characters... please stay dead.

Have to completely disagree with you. Maybe for a casual viewer the ending you wished for would of been the better ending but for a Twilight fan it ended perfectly. The battle scene gave a very enjoyable and shocking viewing and it was great to watch but if they killed off half of the characters (including the main Cullens) it would of ended the whole franchise off in a complete miserable negative way. I loved the way it ended because it gave us a twist but it still ended like the book, a happy ending. After reading your posts it sounds like you're not a twilight fan at all and don't really care about the main characters and thats probably why you wanted the battle scene to stay true, but for Twilight fans it would of been a horrible ending!
    Forum Member
    I don't think Breaking Dawn Part 2 was worth waiting a year for.

Whilst overall, Breaking Dawn parts 1 & 2 combined to end the saga nicely, I just felt that part 2 was far too slow & the whole thing could easily have been condensed into 1 longish ending (2h 45m maybe?) called Breaking Dawn & that would have been sufficient IMO.

I hate the idea of combining both parts together. It would of either been too long for a single movie or they would of condensed it down too much and made it seemed rush. Part 1 does seem a little bit slow in parts but overall i like the pace of it and i feel like it builds up to the ending nicely. I preferred part 2 as i enjoyed watching the transformation of Bella into a Vampire and recruitment of the other vampires.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Just seen the first adverts saying the DVD for part 2 will be out 11th of March.

I hope my local HMV hasn't closed down by then or I'll have to venture further afield or order it online. lol
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the first adverts saying the DVD for part 2 will be out 11th of March.

I hope my local HMV hasn't closed down by then or I'll have to venture further afield or order it online. lol

In the complete boxset there is an extended version of BD Part 1 included.;)
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,372
    Forum Member
    Twilight should have ended with Eclipse. Victoria getting killed would have made a satisfying conclusion. Bella should have then solved the issue of Edward vs Jacob by choosing neither of them. The final book, Breaking Dawn, has all the hallmarks of the publisher basically pressuring the author to write a final novel to cash in on the success of the series. The whole thing reads like a fan-fiction. Certainly the worst book of the series, and by far the worst films.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twilight should have ended with Eclipse. Victoria getting killed would have made a satisfying conclusion. Bella should have then solved the issue of Edward vs Jacob by choosing neither of them. The final book, Breaking Dawn, has all the hallmarks of the publisher basically pressuring the author to write a final novel to cash in on the success of the series. The whole thing reads like a fan-fiction. Certainly the worst book of the series, and by far the worst films.

I think i may be strange, as i found New Moon and Breaking Dawn Part.1 the best films of the saga...:o
    Forum Member
    New Moon is the best of the Twilight movies, mostly because Edward is absent for most of the film, and Jacob comes across as being a better choice for Bella, before Stephanie Meyer sabotaged his character in Eclipse in order to make him look bad compared to Edward (her fantasy man) when it became obvious that Jacob was growing in popularity compared to him.
    Forum Member
    New Moon is actually my least favourite and BD part 2 is my favourite. :o
    I'm not really bothered about Bella's lovelife, I'm more interested in the other Cullens and the Volturi.
    In the complete boxset there is an extended version of BD Part 1 included.;)

Oooo sounds interesting.
    Greyjoy12 wrote: »
    I have pretty much the same feelings on the series in that I really dont care for the Edward, Bella and Jacob stuff but I love the mythology and history that a lot of the characters have especially the Volturi.

I didnt bother reading the book series but picked up a copy of the Official guide to the series. Cant reccomend it enough for anyone that is interested in the characters other than the 'main 3'. The book is packed with stories and history for pretty much every vampire in the series. The Volturi parts are a great read as are the sections going into detail on the various covens that arrive to help the Cullens in BD Part 2. Really fleshes out each character in ways that the films dont have time to do so. Its reading all this that got me thinking about how great a Volturi spin off would be.

I've now got this book so thanks for the recommendation, Greyjoy.
    It makes for compelling reading. There's surely about 30 spin-off films you could make from the series.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone think they will extend the Twilight series and write new books and perhaps movies? with the success of it I guess it's always a temptation.
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Summit will focus on "The Night Circus" adaptation instead, which is far superior to everything that Stephanie Meyer has ever written
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we discussed it on here, the best idea would be a Volturi movie.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,961
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed the final part and I have all of the other films in my collection so I look forward to adding BDP2 to it.
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think their could be definate spin off movies released at somepoint in the near future, the fact is you could do pretty much anything thats set in the twilight world, such as other vampires/werewolves or the valtori in a different setting/time period, i personally would love to see an origin story of the valtori and how they came to be and the things they did right up until the present day
    Forum Member
    Twilight doesn't work without Bella/Edward/Jacob, and it barely works even with them in it.

Anything else and it would just be a generic vampire movie.

Please leave well enough alone.
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New 'Honest Trailer' for Breaking Dawn 1 & 2 just posted on youtube - very funnaay :)
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New 'Honest Trailer' for Breaking Dawn 1 & 2 just posted on youtube - very funnaay :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching the extended BD part. 1

Once again i found it to be one of the best, if not - the best, of the films, here are the added scenes...

- Volturi scene with the wedding invite

- Honeymoon: more thrusting...

- Breakfast: Edward cooks Bella eggs and she tells him basically that because they can have sex she will stay human a while longer.

- DOG BOWL: the scene i was gutted was missing in the cinema is here!

- Alice cosies up to Jacob, he helps calm her mind.

- Edward breaks Jacob's arm and wallops him because of the imprinting business...

- Jacob popping his arm back in socket.

They were the main ones i noticed, however i think a lot of other scenes were extended with different shots.
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching the extended BD part. 1

Once again i found it to be one of the best, if not - the best, of the films, here are the added scenes...

- Volturi scene with the wedding invite

- Honeymoon: more thrusting...

- Breakfast: Edward cooks Bella eggs and she tells him basically that because they can have sex she will stay human a while longer.

- DOG BOWL: the scene i was gutted was missing in the cinema is here!

- Alice cosies up to Jacob, he helps calm her mind.

- Edward breaks Jacob's arm and wallops him because of the imprinting business...

- Jacob popping his arm back in socket.

They were the main ones i noticed, however i think a lot of other scenes were extended with different shots.

How do you watch these scenes!?!? :eek: They are not on my dvd?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    How do you watch these scenes!?!? :eek: They are not on my dvd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V6ON8UJ2LI
    - all the deleted scenes are here.

I bought this -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Twilight-Saga-Complete-Collection/dp/B00A6HL7S6

;)
    Forum Member

Thank you!!

I wish they put in the dog scene with Rose and Jacob!! I loved in the book and i loved it here to! Really annoyed it's not in the final movie. Not too fussed about the other scenes though.
    Forum Member
    Agreed that the dog bowl bit is the best one, adds a bit of comedy to it.

The next best one is either the Volturi getting the wedding invite or Edward busting up Jacob's arm.
    But I think we've already got the message before about how mean the Volturi are to their messengers. The mass slaughter in the wide shot is a bit gory, but we've also experienced that before in a more subtle way in New Moon when the tourists were all led to the Volturi lol
    The bit between Edward and Jacob also feels a bit too gruesome, so I can see why it was left out. I wondered why Jacob was a bit delayed coming outside and looking a bit beaten up. I thought 'I guess imprinting really takes it out of you'.
  • LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    270 odd replies and no mention by name of Remi Malek- he was the best thing about this film! Wow!
  • Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched all of these at my friend's over the last couple of nights.

They're good, but definitely overrated. I enjoyed them more than I thought as these sort of films aren't me.

I think it is one of those films you have to watch a couple of times to pick everything up, although I doubt I would as I didn't enjoy them that much to watch again.
  • Delta TangoDelta Tango Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and they should have just compiled 1 + 2 into one film..

obviously they didn't as they wanted to make more money.