Palace Supporters Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we'll all be doing a new dance move in the stands on Saturday... "The Ledley!" :D
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    today's team:

Hennessey; Kelly, Dann, Hangeland, Souare; Cabaye, McArthur; Zaha, Puncheon, Bolasie; Gayle.

Subs: McCarthy, Delaney, Ledley, Jedinak, Sako, Campbell, Bamford
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Gayle played like he didn't want to be there from the beginning >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-1 half time. Cabaye penalty equaliser.

Gayle sent off right at the end, stupid challenge considering he was already on a yellow. we're going to be really up against it now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-3 full time.

well done Gayle, your stupidity made the 2nd half one of the most uncomfortable I've seen in a long while. only one team was ever going to win that after the red card.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a decent game when it was 11-a-side. Gayle's inexplicable moment of madness made the second half a non-event for us. It was just a question of when they would score and despite the good defending we all knew they would eventually get that goal.

Still no draw, I've forgotten what sharing the spoils is like.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Yep the first half was decent, and then everything changed with the red card. We really need Wickham or Chamakh back quickly. Gayle does some things really well, but I never feel confident with him leading the attack.

I'll be quite pleased if Clatternberg never comes back to Selurst.
  • Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    West Ham played the best ansd deserved to win - simples :)

Come on youuuuuuuuuuuu Ironnnnnnnnnnnnns!
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    West Ham played the best ansd deserved to win - simples :)

Come on youuuuuuuuuuuu Ironnnnnnnnnnnnns!

behave... you only won cos we had 10 men... when it was 11 a side we were the better team...

not sure what was going on with gayle... from the 1st whistle he looked like someone that had been given an extra adrenalin shot or something, he was running around and going in to challenges like a loon... and it ended up costing us the game...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    today's team:

Hennessey; Mariappa, Dann (c), Hangeland, Kelly; McArthur, Cabaye; Puncheon, Sako, Bolasie; Campbell.

subs: Speroni, Delaney, Jedinak, Mutch, Ledley, Zaha, Bamford.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0-0 half time. we've not really got going. not impressed with either of our full backs so far & our midfield looks overrun at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We seem to have a phobia against shooting today! No quality up front so far.

I think I'd like both Ledley and Zaha on for the second half.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    these games are hard enough without us presenting a goal to the opposition. Hangeland has had an absolute mare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leicester have shipped goals for fun this season, the biggest disappointment is that it's taken us to go a goal down to start having a go at their defence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-0 defeat. terrible today. we are in desperate need of a decent striker. has to be top priority in January.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor result. Honestly can't fathom why we didn't have a right go at them from the start knowing how leaky their defence has been all season. That said it's now only 1 goal from open play in 6 matches which is a concern. Makes you wonder even more why we let Murray go, especially when you see some of the abject shooting from our wingers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we are so weak up front.

Bolasie had a stinker.

the sooner Ward & Souare are back in as full backs the better.

23 league games now without a draw!
  • -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    dunno what pards was going on about in the after match interview saying we did well apart from that one mistake, it's been pointed out how crap leicester's defence is and we did nothing on an attacking front until after they scored and even then it just looked desperate a lot of the time...

... for me it's time to drop bolasie, play punch & zaha out wide and put cabaye in the hole behind the striker. then bring in ledley or jedinak to partner mcarthur... hopefully wickham is back next week too, at least he knows how to hold a ball up...
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Whilst we didn't threaten until the end, that would almost certainly have ended 0-0 were it not for that one ****-up. Although we should have had at least one penalty again today...

People talk about needing a striker, but we signed one and just got shit luck with his injury! We do need Wickham back quickly.

I'm as much concerned about our creativity though. Bolasie's back to his inconsistent worst, and Puncheon's completely out of form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    I'm as much concerned about our creativity though. Bolasie's back to his inconsistent worst, and Puncheon's completely out of form.

Yep, agreed. and taking up Bandit's point above maybe it's time for both Bolasie and Puncheon to be dropped/rested and Sako and Zaha to start with Cabaye pushed forward in to the Puncheon role and either Ledley or Jedinak to partner McArthur?
  • Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an fyi, the game tonight is being shown on Danish television :)
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just an fyi, the game tonight is being shown on Danish television :)

So if we live in Denmark, or have a large satellite dish, we could watch it live?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonights team:

Hennessey; Mariappa, Delaney, Dann, Kelly; Jedinak, Ledley; Zaha, Mutch, Bolasie; Bamford.

Subs: McCarthy, Hangeland, Ward, Lee, Sako, Campbell, Gayle.

good to see Ward back & on the bench.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-0 down at half time.

awful defending and lacklustre in general. a stroll for City.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Who bothers about the carling cup really anyway?