SONGLIST WEEK 2 Love and Heartbreak'. Revealed

Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Final 11 will be taking on tracks that all fit under the theme of 'Love and Heartbreak'.Tune in on Saturday and Sunday at 8pm to see if your favourite act can survive the second live show weekend. http://xfactor.itv.com/2013/news/insider/read_what-are-the-contestants-singing-this-week-then_item_100198.htm

Abi Alton – Can’t Get You Out Of My Head

Hannah Barrett - Beautiful

Kingsland Road – Marry You

Luke Friend – Let Her Go

Miss Dynamix - Dreams

Nicholas McDonald – She’s The One

Rough Copy – I Want It That Way

Sam Bailey – Make You Feel My Love

Sam Callahan – I Won’t Give Up

Shelley Smith – Single Ladies

Tamera Foster – Beneath Your Beautiful

Comments

• Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some are quite modern which is nice and I know some will hate the song for Shelly but part of me can't wait to see her doing single ladies {could be different version though, you never know}
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for Shelley :D
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who songs dreams?? What band
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shraine wrote: »

The artist's I know of that have a song entitled Dreams are:

Gabrielle
    Fleetwood Mac
    J Cole
    John Legend
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought this was supposed to be modern love songs? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Shelley's song :D

Like is singing one of my favourite recent ones and Kingsland Roads choice is very good.

Abis is definitely quite interesting.

Both Sam's , Nicholas, Hannah and Tamera have the potential to be very good.

Rough copy could go either way as could Miss D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be Dreams- Fleetwood Mac http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZRURcb1cM which is avery odd/interesting song choice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which Beautiful is Hannah singing James Blunt or Christina?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was too but last week Dermot said the theme was Love and Heartbreak so I guess they changed it, A few are quite modern and they are all well know
  • Dizzy-GirlDizzy-Girl Posts: 161
    Forum Member

James Blunt`s song is called You're Beautiful, so it must be the Christina Aguilera song :)
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm guessing Christina, James Blunt's is You're Beautiful.

Did Nicholas do She's the One at JH? I think they need to give him something more current. I was hoping he'd do his arena song again or something new.
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's the Gabrielle version. I think they wil get a good sound production on that and show some good vocals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Shelly will actually do the routine She certainly seems to have high energy she might pull it off
  • MatejaMateja Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shraine wrote: »

Gabrielle, The Corrs, The Cranberries, etc.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Shelley's certainly taken on board the advice of going modern. :D

Can't wait to hear Abi's version of this song!
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am completely sold on 'Dreams' - Gabrielle for Miss Dynamix provided that is the 'Dreams' they are singing. 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac is a classic but not for them.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I suggested "let her go" for luke friend in a post at the weekend , maybe they are reading these boards :cool:
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I thought this was supposed to be modern love songs? :confused:

I don't understand where it has said this? The theme was always Love and Heartbreak - not Modern/Pop love songs??
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    I suggested "let her go" for luke friend in a post at the weekend , maybe they are reading these boards :cool:

I suggested Homewrecker by Marina and the Diamonds in my mind for Tamera...shame they can't read minds tho...:cry::cry::D
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    LOL oh dear at Shelly's song choice that's basically car crash TV waiting to happen :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    I am completely sold on 'Dreams' - Gabrielle for Miss Dynamix provided that is the 'Dreams' they are singing. 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac is a classic but not for them.
    Yeah I agree it is definitely Dreams- Gabrielle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02kxh5NMSI not Fleetwood Mac
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Nicholas but that is totally the wrong song choice and just far too obvious a song to give him
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi Alton – Can’t Get You Out Of My Head

I can only assume that Abi will be slowing this down to a morbid wrist slitting number.

Hannah Barrett - Beautiful

As much as I dislike the woman, Hannah has got the vocals to pull this one off if done correctly & doesn't ball her eyes out halfway through it.

Kingsland Road – Marry You

Cannot stand Kingsland Road, but think that this Bruno Mars song will work for them, without changing the arrangement.

Luke Friend – Let Her Go

Simple song which I have heard many artists on You Tube do a cover of without even breaking a sweat, Luke should have this in the bag.

Miss Dynamix - Dreams

I assume that this is the 90's hit by Gabrielle ?, as cannot see it being the hit by The Cranberries.

Nicholas McDonald – She’s The One

Boring song done by a boring contestant, won't be much to see here.

Rough Copy – I Want It That Way

A Backstreet Boys song !!, Really !!!. Still I suppose it must've been too much of a cliché to give them a Boys to Men or JLS song. Think that Rough Copy will pull this one off without a problem.

Sam Bailey – Make You Feel My Love

Predictable but sensible choice for Sam & think that she will do a brilliant job with it.

Sam Callahan – I Won’t Give Up

Lovely song about to be destroyed by a pretty boy with no vocal ability. I wish he would give up.

Shelley Smith – Single Ladies

Think that Sharon will be losing another act this week.

Tamera Foster – Beneath Your Beautiful

I really like Tamera, but I guess it was hoping too much for any of the contestants not to do a track by Emeli F*****g Sande. Think that Tamera will do this better than the original artist, only because I like Tamera & cannot stick Emeli.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    The artist's I know of that have a song entitled Dreams are:

Gabrielle
    Fleetwood Mac
    J Cole
    John Legend

The Cranberries done a beautiful song called Dreams.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Better songs this week. Assuming Ms Dynamix's is Gabrielle's and not the Fleetwood Mac version.

Also whoever said Shelley needs to reinvent herself as a joke act, looks like she may have heard your advice.