Options

League One thread 2015/16 season

Comments

• Options
    BrewersBrewers Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Enjoying the ride.

My team continues to amaze me. Highest position EVER.

Still very early days...........
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    another DOMINANT win for cov on the weekend!

the football we are playing is sublime, hopefully we can do a swansea and get promoted up the leagues playing pretty along the way

tony mowbrays sky blue army!
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only when they headed just over late on that I remembered it was only 1-0, felt like it should have been a lot more. Would have been if the linesman was paying attention and saw Kent was way onside.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah very annoying. he looks quite the player though

murphy was quality aswell and great for armstrong to break his mini drought of not scoring.

bury away next. they have built quite a good squad for league 1 but i feel we can beat them. they have hussey,reece brown and cameron in defence ffs!

saying that they also have clarke and pope up front. i would take a draw if it was offered now
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham meet Wigan tomorrow in game that I be att, I hope Oldham performance is alot better then last two matches and anything much be better than last home game, Wigan seen to be in good form and knowing they away form isn't that good I do feel they will win tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw 1-1 to Wigan which probably was fair result, we started brighter and hit post inside first 15 mins but that was only chance we had in first half, once Wigan go into game they look more likely to score first and they did as Power hit good strike to give Wigan lead, big moment in match came in second half as Wigan went down to 10 men as Flores kick one our players which ref saw, four mins later we scored thanks to Poleon and I feel we go on and win the match but somereason Oldham can't score two goals or more in match anymore. :(

That draw was Oldham sixth already this season but with Scunthorpe losing 2-1 to Southend we move above them and out of bottom 4, we now got two away games coming up (Port Vale on Tues and Gillingham on Saturday) and feel we probably only pick up one point in them two games.

I see Burton are three points clear at top of table after they won 2-1 to Chesterfield and Walsall could only draw 1-1 to Crewe, Sheff Utd move into top 6 after they beat Doncaster 3-1 and surpriserly Rochdale lost 3-1 to Millwall and slip out of top 6.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear that Shaun Derry is linked with the Doncaster job. Interesting ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw for seventh time as match against Port Vale draw 1-1, it sounds like it was fair results but I believe we miss two sitter to go 2-0 up.

Hard game on Saturday as we play Gillingham (away) and knowing we draw all of our five away matches so far I'm pretty sure Gillingham will win on Saturday.

Other results Blackpool won at home for first time since Jan 2014 as they beat Chesterfield 2-0 and move off bottom of table, Burton draw 0-0 to Sheff Utd and stay at top of table but only point as Walsall won 1-0 against Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    BrewersBrewers Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    That was a hard game last night. First half was a bit of a cagey affair with Sheffield Uts probably having the more possession. Second half it opened up and could have gone either way to be honest.

A good point, keeps us top and the fairytale continues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good results for cov last night bar gills and walsall wins

imperative we get back to winnign ways now vs shrews on saturday

lets have this game in hand as a bonus rather than making it a pressure must win game.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a great start for the Shakers........up to 4th after being promoted last season

Usually when we get promoted we hang around near the bottom, just escape relegation, then go down the next season.......

Don't know how long we can hold on to young manager David Flitcroft.......I'd have thought Championship sides must be looking at him after his success with Rochdale and now Bury
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    What a great start for the Shakers........up to 4th after being promoted last season

Usually when we get promoted we hang around near the bottom, just escape relegation, then go down the next season.......

Don't know how long we can hold on to young manager David Flitcroft.......I'd have thought Championship sides must be looking at him after his success with Rochdale and now Bury

He failed at Barnsley at a higher level so not necessarily
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wonder if gillingham will be like tranmere from a few years ago where led for ages then fell away monumnetally
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i wonder if gillingham will be like tranmere from a few years ago where led for ages then fell away monumnetally

I think that's more likely to happen to Walsall. Gillingham seem like a stronger team

Fleetwood sack Graham Alexander, yet another harsh decision
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Alexander, although for frivolous reasons of us both being Scottish and from Cov, as well as his saucy long hair.
  • Options
    Tony_DanielsTony_Daniels Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Southend starting to put some results together. Fancy them as an outside bet to make the play-offs this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

I don't think Gillingham will fall like Tranmere did but I do wonder if they end up like Orient and make play offs failed and struggle next season.

I wonder if someone like Rochdale or Bury will do Notts County of last season and have good first half of season and then have terrible second half of season and be battle it out with Crewe, Blackpool and (more likely) Oldham for relegation zone in April?

As for tomorrow Oldham are away to Gillingham which I be shock if Oldham win, Gillingham have won all home matches so far and including last season they won eight in eight at home, Oldham have draw all five away matches and haven't won away match since March (one win in 19 matches in all competition (I think)) I think Gillingham home record will continue and I feel they will win 4-1. (Hopefully I wrong and Oldham win tomorrow)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw 3-3 to Gillingham today which mean they played six away matches and all six have finishes a draw, very happy that Oldham finally scored more then one goal in match (first time since 11th April) and wish we can hold on lead when we went 3-2 up.

Oldham stay in 18th place but we our one of five teams that are on 11 points, next up is home game against Scunthorpe (who are 20th in table) and hope we can start winning matches as drawing it starting to get boring.

18: Oldham - 11 points
    19: Shrewsbury - 11 points
    20 Scunthorpe - 11 points
    21 Doncaster - 11 points
    22 Blackpool - 11 points

I see good wins for Blackpool, Bradford, Bury, Doncaster and Scunthorpe in today matches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Gillingham will fall like Tranmere did but I do wonder if they end up like Orient and make play offs failed and struggle next season.

I wonder if someone like Rochdale or Bury will do Notts County of last season and have good first half of season and then have terrible second half of season and be battle it out with Crewe, Blackpool and (more likely) Oldham for relegation zone in April?

As for tomorrow Oldham are away to Gillingham which I be shock if Oldham win, Gillingham have won all home matches so far and including last season they won eight in eight at home, Oldham have draw all five away matches and haven't won away match since March (one win in 19 matches in all competition (I think)) I think Gillingham home record will continue and I feel they will win 4-1. (Hopefully I wrong and Oldham win tomorrow)

There's always someone who does a Notts County. 3rd last October only to go down. Tranmere and Leyton Orient both were runaway leaders before going down the next season
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our 3-0 win should have been possibly double that, and Shrewsbury genuinely didn't threaten at any point. I've never come away from a Cov game so relaxed and happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    Our 3-0 win should have been possibly double that, and Shrewsbury genuinely didn't threaten at any point. I've never come away from a Cov game so relaxed and happy.

yup even with some sloppy firs thalf passing we dominated and came out 2 nil up from first 45mins. as you say it could have been more as we had two 1 on 1s and 2 pen shouits turned down.

in the end 3-0 is great s its nice to go into injury time without ny nerves lol

i have always been from the school of thought that all wins are beautiful and i still beleive that but i gotta admit, they way mowbray has us winning is magnificent and i never want to see it end!

i am glad that mark venus our head of football operations has cited swansea as an example to follow, hopefully the day mowbray does move on(to england managers job) we will be able to replace him with someone who also plays such attacking football

i mean i have been to 3 home games so far this season out of the 5 and i have seen 27 shot svs crewe and 18 each vs southend and shrewsbury. this is amazing time to be a cov fan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Dunn have become permanent boss at Oldham which I'm surprise he didn't got job full time when he become interim manager at mid of Sept, I hope he do good job at Oldham and hopefully started winning games soon hopefully this Saturday when they play Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cov need to get an away win on the books this weekend vs old manager pressley and fleetwood

if we do then could see us jump up table with a game in hand as 6 rivals play each other this weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was confident even though our away form is a stark contrast to home, but new manager syndrome and all that. I'd be happy enough with a point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh yeah any away point is a good one