Options

League One thread 2015/16 season

Comments

• Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham lost 4-2 to Scunthorpe which was Scunthorpe first away win since end of January, I didn't went to game but I see it was 2-2 after 35 mins (sound like last weekend match against Gillingham) and believe Oldham didn't play well at all and when Scunthorpe scored third we didn't look like scored equaliser goal before Scunthorpe warp up they victory.

Knowing it was only third time this season that Oldham lost we have only won once in 20 something matches and we now drop into bottom 4 due to Doncaster goal diff is slight better then ours, our next four games look hard.

Sheff Utd H - 17th Oct
    Swindon A - 20th Oct
    Rochdale A- 24th Oct
    Burton H - 31st Oct

^^ I be surprise if we win any of them games and I feel we probably only pick up points against Swindon and Rochdale.

I see Walsall won top of table clash and gone top of division, Bury let slip 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 to Wigan and surpriserly Crewe beat Barnsley 2-1.
  • Options
    Armagideon TimeArmagideon Time Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham lost 4-2 to Scunthorpe which was Scunthorpe first away win since end of January, I didn't went to game but I see it was 2-2 after 35 mins (sound like last weekend match against Gillingham) and believe Oldham didn't play well at all and when Scunthorpe scored third we didn't look like scored equaliser goal before Scunthorpe warp up they victory.

Knowing it was only third time this season that Oldham lost we have only won once in 20 something matches and we now drop into bottom 4 due to Doncaster goal diff is slight better then ours, our next four games look hard.

Sheff Utd H - 17th Oct
    Swindon A - 20th Oct
    Rochdale A- 24th Oct
    Burton H - 31st Oct

^^ I be surprise if we win any of them games and I feel we probably only pick up points against Swindon and Rochdale.

I see Walsall won top of table clash and gone top of division, Bury let slip 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 to Wigan and surpriserly Crewe beat Barnsley 2-1.

You will win at Swindon, mark my words. We have only won once at home all season (on the opening day) and we have lost our last 4 home games. Added to that, we've a lengthy injury list (in total we had over 10 players unavailable today due to a combination of injuries, suspensions and international call-ups).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will win at Swindon, mark my words. We have only won once at home all season (on the opening day) and we have lost our last 4 home games. Added to that, we've a lengthy injury list (in total we had over 10 players unavailable today due to a combination of injuries, suspensions and international call-ups).

How many international call up do you had?

As for Swindon v Oldham match on 20th Oct I don't think Oldham will win as knowing Swindon haven't been great lately they probably found some form against us and beat us on that day, saying that given Oldham draw all of five away matches so far (three draw come against Walsall, Bury & Gillingham) I wouldn't be surprise the match doesn't finish in draw.
  • Options
    HarryNelson1805HarryNelson1805 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Wigan love to come back from 2 goals down away from home, that's the third time this season already. I think it's only Oldham who haven't put two past when we are away.
    Really happy with this season so far though, we have given around 20 debuts out this season, possibly more, with the most inexperienced board and manager in the league. played without our two best strikers for the last month too. Think we could really kick on after Christmas if we can just stay in touch with the top 6. Aside from wigan, of the teams I've seen us play this year, including a lot of the top 6, Coventry impressed me the most.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is that why Swindon are surprisingly struggling this season? I thought you'd be strong again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many international call up do you had?

As for Swindon v Oldham match on 20th Oct I don't think Oldham will win as knowing Swindon haven't been great lately they probably found some form against us and beat us on that day, saying that given Oldham draw all of five away matches so far (three draw come against Walsall, Bury & Gillingham) I wouldn't be surprise the match doesn't finish in draw.

We had 2 away on international duty (3 is required to trigger a call-off).

Well you did draw 2-2 at the County Ground last season, with one of your players scoring a worldy IIRC.
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Is that why Swindon are surprisingly struggling this season? I thought you'd be strong again

For a start, it's not the same team that got to the play-off final (players sold, moved on as were out of contract and in the case of loan players, back to their parent clubs).

Some say this could be shades of 2010-11, when we got relegated after reaching the play-off final the previous season. Don't forget this happened to Leyton Orient last season.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We won away at Fleetwood in the dying seconds, with an ex-Cov defender scoring an own goal to ruin the debut game for an ex-Cov manager. In Italy they'd be investigating the bejesus out of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    celesti wrote: »
    We won away at Fleetwood in the dying seconds, with an ex-Cov defender scoring an own goal to ruin the debut game for an ex-Cov manager. In Italy they'd be investigating the bejesus out of that.

It is a bit weird to be fair
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

haha so true

alot of ex cov players making headlines on sat. cameron scored at both ends and hussey got sent off for bury. think robbie simpson scored too in league 2

and cyrus christie and richar dkeough beat the world champions!

i am 33 years old and this is most excited i have been to be a cov fan! we could go top with a win over blackpool on saturday! they are in form but fortress ricoh is here to stay!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually relieved that they've started improving in a way, if they had come to us on a terrible losing streak we're the kind of team who'd end up giving them their first win, like in the old days where we'd be the side misfiring strikers would finally start scoring against. Stupid Savo Milosevic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually relieved that they've started improving in a way, if they had come to us on a terrible losing streak we're the kind of team who'd end up giving them their first win, like in the old days where we'd be the side misfiring strikers would finally start scoring against. Stupid Savo Milosevic.

we gave them some moldovan though!
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member

Sheff Utd H - 17th Oct
    Swindon A - 20th Oct
    Rochdale A- 24th Oct
    Burton H - 31st Oct

You may well beat the blades, we've been up and down all season, no real consistency - and seem to struggle against struggling sides!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    You may well beat the blades, we've been up and down all season, no real consistency - and seem to struggle against struggling sides!

I be shocked if Oldham beat Sheff Utd tomorrow, I take a draw right now but I feel Sheff Utd will win 2-0. I see Higdon can't play (due to him been on loan from Sheff Utd) and slightly disappointed as him and Poleon have work well and been scoring goals.

Also see Oldham have sign Fuller on short deal which I'm not sure about as he bit of injury prone and could end up been like Forte (saying that that wouldn't be bad given he (Forte) was our top goalscorer last season knowing he miss more of second half of season)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw 1-1 against Sheff Utd in which I said I would took before kick off, I was planning to go to this match but something pop up meant I didn't went :( It sounds like Oldham was lucky to get something from match as Sheff Utd didn't took they chances and believe Sharp miss sitter to put Utd 2-1 up.

It was Oldham ninth draw in 13 matches but aleast better than last weekend, we now play Swindon who sit place above us in table (Swindon 20th Oldham 21st) I feel our away draw run will continue in that match. (I know Armagideon time will tell us that Oldham will beat Swindon on Tues night but I can't see it happening)

Surprise to see Burton lost 4-0 to Fleetwood :o Walsall lost 2-1 to Chesterfield meant Gillingham go top of division after getting late winner at Crewe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldham draw 1-1 against Sheff Utd in which I said I would took before kick off, I was planning to go to this match but something pop up meant I didn't went :( It sounds like Oldham was lucky to get something from match as Sheff Utd didn't took they chances and believe Sharp miss sitter to put Utd 2-1 up.

It was Oldham ninth draw in 13 matches but aleast better than last weekend, we now play Swindon who sit place above us in table (Swindon 20th Oldham 21st) I feel our away draw run will continue in that match. (I know Armagideon time will tell us that Oldham will beat Swindon on Tues night but I can't see it happening)

Surprise to see Burton lost 4-0 to Fleetwood :o Walsall lost 2-1 to Chesterfield meant Gillingham go top of division after getting late winner at Crewe.

Swindon part company with Mark Cooper, and their chairman is now caretaker manager. Swindon Oldham on Tuesday sounds intriguing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frustrating game at ricoh, cov huffed and puffed but never really made too many clear cut chances

in fact blackpool could have won it near the end so i am happy witht he draw

hhowever out big centreback got injured in last 5 mins and could be out for month or more, this is a big blow and could see an end to our clean sheet run

lets hope joe cole helps us score more than we concede!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will win at Swindon, mark my words.

:o I see you were right about Oldham will beat Swindon as they did by 2-1 and it was only second win in 24 matches for Oldham. When I see Swindon equaliser five mins from time I felt it going be over draw for Oldham but two mins later Philliskirk goal winning goal to move Oldham up to 17th in table. :)

We now play Rochdale in local derby match on Saturday, this is one game that I look toward too and I already got my ticket for match and hopefully it be first time I see Oldham win since home match against Rochdale on 24th March.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o I see you were right about Oldham will beat Swindon as they did by 2-1 and it was only second win in 24 matches for Oldham. When I see Swindon equaliser five mins from time I felt it going be over draw for Oldham but two mins later Philliskirk goal winning goal to move Oldham up to 17th in table. :)

We now play Rochdale in local derby match on Saturday, this is one game that I look toward too and I already got my ticket for match and hopefully it be first time I see Oldham win since home match against Rochdale on 24th March.

Told you didn't I? Plus you've a half-decent record at Swindon, so I knew there was only going to be one outcome at this moment in time.

For the Coventry City posters on here, prepare for some extensive hand-rubbing on Saturday. It's fill your boots time for visiting teams to the County Ground these days.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Told you didn't I? Plus you've a half-decent record at Swindon, so I knew there was only going to be one outcome at this moment in time.

For the Coventry City posters on here, prepare for some extensive hand-rubbing on Saturday. It's fill your boots time for visiting teams to the County Ground these days.:(

you guys are due a win and might have a new manager by then?

although i heard milwall could have had double figures vs you they had that many chances, cov create alot of chances so hopefully we can grab the 3 pts
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A massive win for us, it really is a strange old season - only beaten three times, unbeaten away from home but still skirting with relegation.

Beat the 'dale on Saturday and I think we can really push on.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super Saddlers ain't going away.
    I thought Saturday might start the inevitable plunge down the table, but another solid away win last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think walsall will be battling for autos all season long, still not sold on gillingham though

cov just need to keep pace with top 2 right now, sheff utd and wigan coming on strong now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnson out for the season is a kick right in my balls, I was bracing myself for the worst case scenario of 'back around Christmas'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astra 1A wrote: »
    A massive win for us, it really is a strange old season - only beaten three times, unbeaten away from home but still skirting with relegation.

Beat the 'dale on Saturday and I think we can really push on.

It show how hard team found to beat us this season (knowing two defeat have been 5-1 and 4-2) shame we draw nine games as if some of them were wins we probably be near to top 6 then near bottom 4.

As for tomorrow I see Oldham have sold 2,600 ticket which not bad given we only won twice in 24 matches, Rochdale will be hard team to beat and they keep two clean sheet in last two matches, we did double over Dale last season but feel tomorrow will be draw which both teams may take.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldham draw 0-0 to Rochdale which was very poor match, both keeper didn't had anything to do knowing our keeper made two good save, Rochdale Alessandra miss sitter in first half but if game were still playing now it probably still be goalless.

That was Oldham tenth draw this season and knowing performance today was poor by Oldham I do think we start putting wins on board soon.

Good wins for Blackpool, Fleetwood, Millwall, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury in today matches.