Options

Whatever happened to Jimmy Corkhill?

lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having seen a couple of threads about Brookside, prompted me to wonder what happened to that actor?

Brookside got too daft in the end, but I did think the character of Jimmy, and the actor who played him, were very good. Did he ever do anything else? I've never seen him in anything, and he was good.

Comments

• Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he presents a radio show in Liverpool. There was talk at one point of him starring in a sitcom with Phillip Olivier called Gerry Across the Mersey but that was a few years ago and nothing appears to have come of it. He is a great actor, I don't know how he wasnt snapped up by another show. Jimmy was such a big character though, I imagine he may have been typecast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Was he in The Bill at some point ..or maybe that was his mate :D
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Was he in The Bill at some point ..or maybe that was his mate :D

No but the guy who played Trevor Jordache was.
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he'd retired and was living happily with Fred the weather man from This Morning.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    I remember seeing him in an episode of The Royal a couple of years back. I was quite amused because Bernard Latham who played Mr C in Hollyoaks was in the same episode and I always used to think that Dean Sullivan would have been the ideal person to turn up in Hollyoaks as Mr C's long lost brother or something. :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    He was in an episode of Doctors
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Hr moved in with Lindsay and Barry Grant and became their gardener.
  • Options
    Adam BartonAdam Barton Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He moved with his daughter and Gangster Barry Grant who was now rich after Lindsey, Tim and Suzzanne persuaded him not to live on the close as he was all by himself as everyone had moved!

Dean Sullivan who played him does some acting, a radio station, a blog thing and is usually trying to get Brookisde back on television by buy the property through someone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deano is not on the Liverpool radio station (city talk) anymore. He left that around a year ago now!

Dean is actually in panto doing the next part or something simular to (brick up the mersey tunnel) Being shown in a few days at the Liverpool Empire!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leelad05 wrote: »
    Deano is not on the Liverpool radio station (city talk) anymore. He left that around a year ago now!

Dean is actually in panto doing the next part or something simular to (brick up the mersey tunnel) Being shown in a few days at the Liverpool Empire!

Damn! Beat me to that. I was just finding out what pantos were on this year and stumbled across this

Glad he's still working, but would love to see him back on TV.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always thought that Jimmy Corkhill should crossover to Hollyoaks, possibly as an old mate of Jack's. Don't see why it shouldn't happen, why not keep the legacy of Brookside alive via it's younger sister?

It would blur the lines a bit though now that Jacqui Farnham is on the show as a new character, not that it really matters. Dean Sullivan would slot right in amongst the new older cast, he'd be brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always thought that Jimmy Corkhill should crossover to Hollyoaks, possibly as an old mate of Jack's. Don't see why it shouldn't happen, why not keep the legacy of Brookside alive via it's younger sister?

It would blur the lines a bit though now that Jacqui Farnham is on the show as a new character, not that it really matters. Dean Sullivan would slot right in amongst the new older cast, he'd be brilliant.

Brilliant idea!! I could see him in Corrie too because he does comedy well and is a good character actor.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to Cracker? :D
  • Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    What happened to Cracker? :D
    The dog? He died and was stuffed.

In real life the dog was owned by Tina Malone. :)
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    open_ended wrote: »
    The dog? He died and was stuffed.

Aww poor cracker :cry:
  • Options
    Doll FeetDoll Feet Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    open_ended wrote: »
    In real life the dog was owned by Tina Malone. :)

Aww poor Cracker :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aw poor cracker lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In real life he tried to buy Brookside Close...
    As of December 2008, speculation regarding the return of the show began to mount. This started when Dean Sullivan (Jimmy Corkhill) mentioned on his daily radio show at City Talk 105.9 that he was aware of plans to revive the classic serial. It later emerged that Sullivan himself was eager to buy the Close and resurrect it.[20] However on 17 December it was confirmed that he was unsuccessful in his bid and the properties had been bought by another party.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise he was gay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    I loved Jimmy Corkhill would love to see him in Hollyoaks esp now Jackie dixon is in it
  • Options
    lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think mostly he spends his time in the pub I go to in Liverpool :D Seems to be in there quite a lot when I'm in there!! Career wise? Not sure!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    bring brookie back
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw him in panto a few years back LoL