Options

Help live pc solutions!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I just got a very suspicious call from this company telling me they had been receiving error messages from my laptop and that it was totally infected!

So I asked what laptop they meant, we have two in the house, they said the vista one, I said we only have 2 xp laptops (a lie!), they said I mean xp, so I said they haven't been connected to the Internet in a month so how would you be receiving error messages!

So I decided to ask the guy to email me details how to fix this, apparently this wouldn't work because my computers are SO infected, managed to get him to call me back later while I do some research on this company!

I take it that it's a scam, am I right?

I've switched all laptops off and the Internet has been unplugged as I'm worried!

Help! I don't know what to do!

Comments

• Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously, do you even need to ask?
    Follow these rules.

1. Get called by scammer.
    2. You don't say anythng.
    3. Hang up.

It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I would follow those rules it's just my laptop has been acting strangely recently! They can't take control of my laptop can they?
  • Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Full scans with malawarebytes and superantispyware, then make sure your antivirus is up to date and do a full scan.

If you are using AVG then consider changing to Microsoft Security Essentials as AVG is not all that good :(

As you have not followed any instructions from the scammer you should be safe.
  • Options
    artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vicky. ALWAYS follow those rules wether your laptop is playing up or not.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Scammer rings up give every violent word you can think and hang up simple
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Do as they say or your laptop will melt
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a cold call sales scam contact your telephone provider and get sales calls blocked it is free to do so.