Options

Friends Gripes

Comments

• Options
    Eques_99Eques_99 Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I never really saw Ross' behaviour in the "Fajitas" episode as possessive or controlling (in fact he quickly gave the relationship his blessing, as he did before when Joey had a crush on Rachel).

It was just that it was massive head**** for him to unexpectedly see his best friend passionately kissing a woman with whom he had a long, intense, emotional history.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eques_99 wrote: »
    I never really saw Ross' behaviour in the "Fajitas" episode as possessive or controlling (in fact he quickly gave the relationship his blessing, as he did before when Joey had a crush on Rachel).

It was just that it was massive head**** for him to unexpectedly see his best friend passionately kissing a woman with whom he had a long, intense, emotional history.

I always thought Chandler was Ross's best friend
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they both are by this point
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eques_99 wrote: »

My point here is that Ross isn't in a position where Joey and Rachel would need his blessing. He hadn't been in a relationship with Rachel for about 7 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    I always thought Chandler was Ross's best friend

Nah....Chandler's his oldest friend but....Hey! you're not getting out of it that easily!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Dr Green knew about Ross and Rachel marrying in Vegas and how he reacted

Great scene when Ross is responding to Dr Green and Mona and then Joey rings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    My point here is that Ross isn't in a position where Joey and Rachel would need his blessing. He hadn't been in a relationship with Rachel for about 7 years.

Sure, but he wasn't acting as if his blessing was needed. Even when he was flipping out he did his best to pretend he was fine with it.

But Joey saw he was hurt and said "look we won't go through with it" and Ross said "No you should"
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    It was the wake up call Ross needed, joey wasn't some hate figure stealing Rachel away.
    But then of course as soon as Mark was back on the scene "omg I love Rachel again"
    Poor bastard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the Monica's Boots episode Chandler and Monica go to one of Chandler's office party. In the episode after, there is a story involving Chandler's boss Doug, which was clearly added in as an afterthought having been forgotten about in the previous episode

Am nearly up to the Joey and Rachel car crash now :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was watching a few the other day and remember how annoyed i was with rachel having a go at phoebe for telling her she made out with ralph lauren when it wasnt-noone made her tell her boss someone was fooling around yet she blames phoebe for her own gossiping-

rachels trait of blaming other people for her own big mouth always annoyed me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was watching a few the other day and remember how annoyed i was with rachel having a go at phoebe for telling her she made out with ralph lauren when it wasnt-noone made her tell her boss someone was fooling around yet she blames phoebe for her own gossiping-

rachels trait of blaming other people for her own big mouth always annoyed me

I can kind of see why Rachel was mad at Phoebe considering that Phoebe had told Rachel some gossip which made her popular and turned out to be untrue

Apart from that, I can't think of any examples of Rachel blaming others for her big mouth
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Ross is buying the couch, he does all that weird 'come here to me' and Rachel takes the mickey out of his lame way of trying to seduce women. All of this conversation is witnessed by the sales person.

The same sales person then mistakenly assumes they are a couple, but when corrected, he said something didn't addd up.

What makes no sense is why he thought they were an item when Ross was clearly talking about seducing women right in front of him and Rachel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can kind of see why Rachel was mad at Phoebe considering that Phoebe had told Rachel some gossip which made her popular and turned out to be untrue

Apart from that, I can't think of any examples of Rachel blaming others for her big mouth

she also had a go at joey when she lied to him and told her bosswabted to buy her baby it was a stupid thing to say then had a go at joey for having a go at him

she had a go at chandler for being tied up in her boss's office whats it go to to with her

many other times she blames others for her mistakes
    -shes very self centred and plays the victim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found Monica refusing to drop the issue of Rachel's mum being mad at her for not inviting her to the baby shower very odd

Especially as in the next episode Monica doesn't care that everyone else in the cooking class thinks she's crazy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her mum was making digs all night like its like im not here which i nearly wasnt-and that she didnt buy a present coz she ddnt know about the party
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More of a continuity error than a gripe. In the episode with the handyman whose leaving gift Ross wouldn't contribute to as Ross had just moved into the building, the guy organising the collection called Ross "3B" (as in his door number). This number was displayed on his door and 3R was displayed on the door where the leaving party was held.

Then either the very next episode or a couple of episodes later Joey is trying to find the "Hot Girl" who lives in Ross' building but when he keeps ending up at Ross' apartment there is no longer a door number on the door and the other apartments have no numbers either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I found Monica refusing to drop the issue of Rachel's mum being mad at her for not inviting her to the baby shower very odd

Especially as in the next episode Monica doesn't care that everyone else in the cooking class thinks she's crazy
    I suppose it's because Monica has to be the perfect hostess.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Dr Green knew about Ross and Rachel marrying in Vegas and how he reacted

Great scene when Ross is responding to Dr Green and Mona and then Joey rings

For me one of Ross' best was at the dinner with Elizabeth, her Dad and Rachel with Rachel coming back from the bathroom and letting it slip about his marriages :D

But the hooker call was genius too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Emma is born Jack claims that she is his first grandchild, forgetting about Ben. Jack and Judy never had any scenes with Ben and clearly didn't see much of him

When Chandler is moving to Tulsa Monica says that she always works late on a Tuesday. This doesn't make sense as she had already quit Allesandro's and hadn't started at Javu yet so was technically unemployed at the time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor Ben, forgotten little fellow.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The other thing is, when Friends first started, Monica was kind of laid back kind of women, but progressively got annoying and controlling as the seasons went on, but in the flash back episodes, it was said that she was very OCD before friends even started,

Also, I hate how they made Joey really stupid nearer to the end of the season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Joeys slide into imbeciledom is probably the most popular gripe. I was actually watching the Charlie episodes where they really play up his "stupidity " when he was with Ross, not knowing left from right etc
    It's painful to watch
    Even the fact that Chandler jokingly had custody of Joey, telling Ross he couldn't have him if he died - and their new house having a "joey room" - was obviously meant to be cute but a little disturbing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like the joey room idea-but yes they did make him even more stupid

i hate the french episode
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey was always stupid though.