Options

i f a guest at a party asked you to leave...

2»

Comments

• Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toofast wrote: »
    What peeved me more than anything was the cowardice of the host to put the guest in place. She even sat opposite the host with a shit eating grin whilst being told i was welcome to stay. Suffice to say, I left on my own terms.

Why is it up to the host to fight your battle?
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guest was female. I'm a big bloke. Eventually the host turned up and said I was welcome to stay but at no point put the other guest in her place. I refused to stay and left.
    No longer friend with host.

I don't see why you expect the host to put the other guest in her place. The issue is between you and the guest. The host wanted you both there. An alternative would have been to have said to the other guest. "You have your answer. I am welcome here. If you cannot accept that, then you are free to leave".
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What peeved me more than anything was the cowardice of the host to put the guest in place. She even sat opposite the host with a shit eating grin whilst being told i was welcome to stay. Suffice to say, I left on my own terms.

Surely the act of contracting the friend in your presence was enough to 'put her in her place'. Any more would have been over-kill, unless you wanted her to be humiliated. A good host would not do that, and a considerate guest would not expect it.

If that wasn't enough for you, then maybe it was best you went home in a strop, but it sounds as if you had unrealistic expectations.
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So let's review this.

The other guest wanted you to leave.

You left.

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out that she got what she wanted.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    So you were a guest at a party hosted by a person who initially didn't want you there until you made peace - how on earth did you end up there, did she actually invite you even though there doesn't seem to be a friendship between you (you had a conversation which ended with her welcoming you, which sort of implies it started with her not welcoming you :confused:). It's all rather bemusing :D

This is what I wonder too :confused: