DHL Delivery Problem - Any advice please (Merged)

ianmooreianmoore Posts: 250
Forum Member
Hi everyone,

I bought something and DHL Global mail shows this as the progress:

3/1/2011 12:25 PM UNITED STATES MANIFESTED FOR OUTBOUND TRANSPORTATION

3/1/2011 11:45 AM CT Des Plaines, IL

PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN 3/1/2011 11:14 AM CT Des Plaines, IL

ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY 3/1/2011 08:03 AM CT Des Plaines, IL PROCESSED

The last even is in bold, it hasn't progressed for 5 days, I contacted DHL and they said it shouldn't take that long, I know that as it normally only takes 2 days from US to arrive in the UK (customs).

It seems DHL Global Mail may be owned by the Home Delivery Network, however none of the 3 tracking numbers I have work on there.

Has anyone bought anything from Amazon USA and had this happen?

Thanks.

Comments

• ianmooreianmoore Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

I bought something and DHL Global mail shows this as the progress:

3/1/2011 12:25 PM UNITED STATES MANIFESTED FOR OUTBOUND TRANSPORTATION

3/1/2011 11:45 AM CT Des Plaines, IL

PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN 3/1/2011 11:14 AM CT Des Plaines, IL

ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY 3/1/2011 08:03 AM CT Des Plaines, IL PROCESSED

The last even is in bold, it hasn't progressed for 5 days, I contacted DHL and they said it shouldn't take that long, I know that as it normally only takes 2 days from US to arrive in the UK (customs).

It seems DHL Global Mail may be owned by the Home Delivery Network, however none of the 3 tracking numbers I have work on there.

Has anyone bought anything from Amazon USA and had this happen?

Thanks.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Five days is a very long time, you should contact them again. As you probably paid extra for a courier you should ask for some compensation, I ordered an item from China and the most it was 'delayed' was a matter of hours. Took four/five days to get here with DHL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's only been 4 days so you need to be patient.
  • ianmooreianmoore Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Well it's only been 4 days so you need to be patient.

Thats far longer than it should be for this stage of the shipping.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly, standard shipping from the US Amazon.com is something like two weeks. It'll most likey be updated when it gets to the next link in the chain.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem
    My item has said this since last tuesday. Have emailed the seller on amazon and DHL and havent got any info on whats going on. What could be taking so long?

7/2/2013 03:07 PM CT Des Plaines, IL PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN
    7/2/2013 09:43 AM CT Des Plaines, IL ARRIVAL DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
    7/2/2013 07:43 AM CT Des Plaines, IL PROCESSED
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    OK. I import a LOT from the US. And most of the time, you'll find items pass through the system in super quick time (last week's orders only took a single day - shipped Monday and were here on Tuesday), but there are always exceptions. I've had one of these shipments take three weeks for no apparent reason.

So patience is in order. However, as this is a tracked service, you should be able to get an update from Customer Services... What have they said?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DHL are an absolute NIGHTMARE. My mother had to deal with them once and they are one of the most shamelessly useless companies ever. Hopefully we will never, ever have to have anything to do with them again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent had a reply yet
    Forum Member
    Have you called the DHL Customer Service line?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a similar problem
    My item has said this since last tuesday. Have emailed the seller on amazon and DHL and havent got any info on whats going on. What could be taking so long?

7/2/2013 03:07 PM CT Des Plaines, IL PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN
    7/2/2013 09:43 AM CT Des Plaines, IL ARRIVAL DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
    7/2/2013 07:43 AM CT Des Plaines, IL PROCESSED
    DHL Global Mail is not DHL Express, it's deliberately not a quick service and services a different section of the market. This isn't unusual at all. It is roughly a two week delivery service and for some of those days, by design, it will not be moving. Don't worry about it.

Also, as the original poster mentioned back then, DHL Global Mail items will not be delivered by DHL in the UK and usually end up in the hands of Yodel for final delivery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant seem to find a contact number on the DHL global mail site,only an email address. Going to send another email
    Forum Member
    I cant seem to find a contact number on the DHL global mail site,only an email address. Going to send another email

0844 248 0844

You should be able to be transferred if they can't help you :)