Options

Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I feel mean with this cos she's genuinely asking a question cos she's worried but my friend has a new born baby with a rotten cold - she's just posted

'have you ever sucked snot from your babies nose to clear it?'

I am literally heaving at my desk.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

how totally gross
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Said girl who I'll now be calling "Leanne". That's not her name but saves me explaining who I mean every time without using her real name has uploaded pictures of herself in her bra...And uploaded a status saying "LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT BE SINGLE AGAIN SOON! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME (Boyfriend's name) I'LL DO ANYTHING!"

She's quite unhinged...

Oh My :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Waiting for one of my drunken statuses to appear on here :D
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    If you block someone on facebook, how does your profile look towards the person you've blocked?

It'll be as if your profile doesn't exist. Comments you've made on posts from friends or Pages will be invisible to them. They won't be able to find you in a search or anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I can only read a few pages of this thread. It's SO depressing. I try my best to avoid FB, horrible place :(
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I can only read a few pages of this thread. It's SO depressing. I try my best to avoid FB, horrible place :(

I have not many anything nasty on Facebook and I use it everyday.

It must be the high quality of my friends and family.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you block someone on facebook, how does your profile look towards the person you've blocked?

I mentioned someone a few pages back who seems to has some attachment issues and the constant tagging me in videos/pictures, liking everything i've done is getting annoying to the point where i'm thinking of removing this person from my profile.

If you go to your timeline, on the right hand side there should be a box that says activity log. To the right of this should be a down arrow. Click this and you get the option "view as". This lets you select anybody and see how your page looks to them.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know of someone who posts when she is having a coffee, going to work, etc... think it's only a matter of time before she starts reporting her bathroom activities but I don't mind her at all, really. To play some of the Zynga games, I hooked up with lots of people mainly from the US Midwest. Many of them are deeply religious so I am told every day, via various posters and linkies, how much Jesus loves me and given various inspirational quotes to help me along (some are pretty cheesy). Again, I don't mind so much. I very rarely see anything nasty (although there are lots of anti-Obama posts what with the election coming up).

As I've said before, the ones that get on my wick are those asking you to post 'X to 20 friends' if you want something good to happen in your life and the guilt-provoking ones which end with "I know that people who really care will share this/ I know who will answer this post!" Both get roundly ignored because if I had to respond I'd be obliged to tell the sender to get stuffed. If they think the measure of my friendship is whether or not I'll repost something on FB, then they're shallower than I am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I have this girl that just bleets about her relationship.

"Lol, we haven't split up just going through some shit I can't give up on us as easy as before he's the best part of my life xx"

Then get off facebook and sort it out? She keeps changing her status from single to in a relationship, she has 2 kids with this guy and is preggs again!!!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I have a friend whos 28 with three kids. She recently got divorced and is now with a new bloke. Before she got divorced her statuses were generally funny and readable and respectful. Since shes got her new found freedom and new fella all her statuses are about sex and she sounds like a teenager.

Its annoying because you used to be able to comment on her statuses but now anyone who comments gets a reply usually some way involving sex. She also has started putting pics on in underwear and pics taken of herself with sex toys in the background and she loves the attention when someone points it out, as if she didnt already know its there for everyone to see!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I have not many anything nasty on Facebook and I use it everyday.

It must be the high quality of my friends and family.

Perhaps. I don't really mean nasty stuff, just depressing seeing how sad people's lives are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people get so many likes on everything they do ,you'd wonder how dejected they'd feel if didn't get there daily thumbs up!

"I'm exhausted getting into bed now " 25 likes .

Silly website.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Said girl who I'll now be calling "Leanne". That's not her name but saves me explaining who I mean every time without using her real name has uploaded pictures of herself in her bra...And uploaded a status saying "LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT BE SINGLE AGAIN SOON! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME (Boyfriend's name) I'LL DO ANYTHING!"

She's quite unhinged...

:eek::eek::eek: I should tell that guy to run for the hills!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE:

"Why does this have to happen?"
    "This sucks"
    "I hate my life"
    "Some people are so annoying"
    "Today is such a horrible say"

(and so on)

Then...

Comment: What's wrong?
    Attention-Seeker: I don't wanna talk about it

As much as I hate this smiley, this is dedicated to all attention-seekers on Facebook: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a sort of attention seeker. Especially when they're in hospital, they tag themselves at the hospital they're at complete with full address.
  • Options
    cutekitty7686cutekitty7686 Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Attention seekers week I think and it's only Tuesday :

One mate who got dumped months ago keeps posting about her ex and how she is board I have corrected her saying bored not board ! however one convo went as follows (swear words blanked)

Friend1: Do u ever say anything nice
    attention seeker: What's it got to do with you
    Friend1: Grumpy old woman
    Attention seeker: **** off
    Friend1:No wonder no one wants to bother with u with a mouth like that
    Attention seeker: Who care a flying ****
    Friend1: Not me
    Friend2: now now children lol

Another mate at 2am status said "SOOOOO angry right now !!!!"
    Of course people ask are you ok and answer is yeah I'm fine !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just blocked someone for the first time ever on facebook.

The person who i mentioned who has some attachment issues somehow found a photo i had posted on The Sims 3's timeline and clicked like on it. Now to my knowledge, i don't ever remember talking about my interest for the sims 3 with this person and as far as i know i blocked my timeline access from them because of their constant notifications/tagging me in everything and liking all my statuses no matter how pointless they are.

Could be that they're stalking me and my interests now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The person who i mentioned who has some attachment issues somehow found a photo i had posted on The Sims 3's timeline and clicked like on it. Now to my knowledge, i don't ever remember talking about my interest for the sims 3 with this person and as far as i know i blocked my timeline access from them because of their constant notifications/tagging me in everything and liking all my statuses no matter how pointless they are.

Sounds like someone fancies you.... ;)
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I have a friend whos 28 with three kids. She recently got divorced and is now with a new bloke. Before she got divorced her statuses were generally funny and readable and respectful. Since shes got her new found freedom and new fella all her statuses are about sex and she sounds like a teenager.

Its annoying because you used to be able to comment on her statuses but now anyone who comments gets a reply usually some way involving sex. She also has started putting pics on in underwear and pics taken of herself with sex toys in the background and she loves the attention when someone points it out, as if she didnt already know its there for everyone to see!

Pictures or we don't believe you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like someone fancies you.... ;)

Well he's in for a bit of a disapointment then. ;)

I like females. :p
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Possibly when you posted the photo, it appeared in their newsfeed or ticker :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those sodding images of old fashioned people with daft comments.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he's in for a bit of a disapointment then. ;)

I like females. :p

Ahhh... tricky.... Well you definitely have an admirer anyway :)
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those sodding images of old fashioned people with daft comments.

With people posting 'this is so me lol' after everyone.

I completely agree.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same girl: "giving up speaking from now on since i never say anything right"
This discussion has been closed.