The Bad Crimes Inn - General gossip thread (2)

Comments

• kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    I'm not ashamed to say I got tickets to go and see Matlida The Musical for my birthday!

Tim Minchin is a genius, and Matilda is the best film/ book I've ever seen/ read! Too excited :D

Happy Birthday 2-1-C-B!!!
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not ashamed to say I got tickets to go and see Matlida The Musical for my birthday!

Tim Minchin is a genius, and Matilda is the best film/ book I've ever seen/ read! Too excited :D

I'm assuming you mean today? :o Happy birthday if so. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seeing that more Conservative MPs voted against the bill yesterday than for it. Let's hope they go the way of the GOP come next election.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Just seeing that more Conservative MPs voted against the bill yesterday than for it. Let's hope they go the way of the GOP come next election.

It goes to show just how out of touch they are with the majority of British people. I don't think they've got a cat in hell's chance of winning the next election, thank God.
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy birthday to the 21st Century.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    It goes to show just how out of touch they are with the majority of British people. I don't think they've got a cat in hell's chance of winning the next election, thank God.

It's a bad sign tho when I'd much rather they were in charge than the bloody SNP:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    It's a bad sign tho when I'd much rather they were in charge than the bloody SNP:mad:

Don't get me started on the SNP. :D

Idiots trying to break up the UK. :mad:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    gottago wrote: »
    Happy birthday to the 21st Century.

Thanks!

(And thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday- I had a great night, and only fell over once!)
  • sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    Happy Belated 21st.

Eurovision on Pointless. Which countries are eligible for participation. (I didn't disgrace myself, went for Montenegro, Morocco and Lebanon...played it safe but they were all pointless.)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    Happy Belated 21st.

Eurovision on Pointless. Which countries are eligible for participation. (I didn't disgrace myself, went for Montenegro, Morocco and Lebanon...played it safe but they were all pointless.)

Thanks brummie!

What did the contestants say?

On the spot, I'd have probably gone for Montenegro, Monaco and Georgia!
    Forum Member
    Thanks brummie!

What did the contestants say?

On the spot, I'd have probably gone for Montenegro, Monaco and Georgia!

One went for Turkmenistan. He was from Birmingham. :rolleyes:

It was pretty low scoring. Latvia, Iceland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovakia, Moldova and Spain all got chosen. I don't know why I went for 3 answers, it was only round 1!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy belated birthday from me as well 21st :)
  • pauledin99pauledin99 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to read all the HMVs in Edinburgh are to close. I've been a regular visitor to the one on Princes Street since I was old enough to go into town on my own! I know their closure is their own fault but I've been able to get the odd gem in there - Brainstorm's My Star CD single being one of the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pauledin99 wrote: »
    Sad to read all the HMVs in Edinburgh are to close. I've been a regular visitor to the one on Princes Street since I was old enough to go into town on my own! I know their closure is their own fault but I've been able to get the odd gem in there - Brainstorm's My Star CD single being one of the best.

They really bugged me selling cd's at 15 quid when you could get them in supermarkets for a tenner
    Forum Member

The amount of time I've wasted in HMV over the years! I don't go in as much these days but occasionally I'll browse the dvds when they're down to a fiver or be all old skool and buy a CD.

There used to be 3 in Birmingham City Centre (which I always thought was excessive) but that was trimmed to 1 last year. It's in the Bullring though. Do not like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Funnily enough that's where I got the last physical album I bought - Mylo Xyloto.
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch Corrie much but this did make me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ty1TtrKkLfI
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »

I love Corrie - I have never noticed this before and now I don't think I'll be able to ever not notice it!
  • gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »

I love the way she says "actually" and "GAIL!" :D
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Anyone see Nashville (after The Good Wife) on more4 last night -- has got me in the mood for lucky lips and eric in melfest...lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    Anyone see Nashville (after The Good Wife) on more4 last night -- has got me in the mood for lucky lips and eric in melfest...lol!

Which episode was it? I've been watching them as they've been airing in the US. Gets a little bit soapy in places, but it's a great show, with some excellent music.
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    Which episode was it? I've been watching them as they've been airing in the US. Gets a little bit soapy in places, but it's a great show, with some excellent music.

It was the first episiode...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    It was the first episiode...:)

Excellent :)
    I don't know if they'll do it in the UK, but if you have a US iTunes account, you can buy all the songs from each episode. There is a compilation CD you can get, but that has some of the better tracks missing for some odd reason...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that evil fraud Ratzinger is resigning as pope. I would be pleased, but sadly he's being replaced.

To be fair it won't be the first time a pope has pulled out in a hurry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that evil fraud Ratzinger is resigning as pope. I would be pleased, but sadly he's being replaced.

To be fair it won't be the first time a pope has pulled out in a hurry.

Awaits the stories(no surprise really) in the next few days