Options

Benidorm - Series 6

Comments

• Options
    Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Why don't you just read the link provided in one of the above posts? I've posted it again below (lazy bones): -

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/benidorm-returns-sixth-series

That isn't necessarily a full list which I asked people to list the ones they'd heard. Like are the girls not coming back? and Noreen isn't listed.
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this series at the outset but has gone on too long and is proof the likes of faulty towers going out at the top of its game means it retains its iconic status, benidorm for the past few series has been a pale shadow of itself.
  • Options
    sickparrotsickparrot Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've just come back from 2 weeks there for our sins, it looked like they were filming in Morgans, 'Madge' was outside talking to people.
  • Options
    Joe1500Joe1500 Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sickparrot wrote: »
    We've just come back from 2 weeks there for our sins

You have my commiserations.
  • Options
    sickparrotsickparrot Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe1500 wrote: »
    You have my commiserations.

To be fair, it wasn't too bad, we stayed in the old town which has its own sort of bustling charm in the evenings and mostly avoided the English end. It only became truly horrible on the last weekend when hundreds of stag/hen dos descended on the place.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it wasn't too bad, we stayed in the old town which has its own sort of bustling charm in the evenings and mostly avoided the English end. It only became truly horrible on the last weekend when hundreds of stag/hen dos descended on the place.

It's got a wonderful old town that you could spend a week in and never experience the 'British' end.

If anyone is interested in the filming etc then the blog 'benidormallyearround' has the odd behind the scene photo and updates on filming

http://www.benidormallyearround.com/
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have been told Noreen ain't returning :(
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »

Awww no shes funny:( though can understand why as there's no Geoff,Pauline or troy and Gavin
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    Aw no! I love Noreen, she's my favourite character!
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww no shes funny:( though can understand why as there's no Geoff,Pauline or troy and Gavin

Yeah I understand that too. I asked Derren Litten ‏ about it on twitter and he said ' I'm afraid I can't answer that right now.'.

So as they are still filming hopefully they are trying to get her in for a few of the later eps or something
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Joan Collins currently filming for the new series of Benidorm,
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Gavin (Hugh Sachs) is doing theatre. I read that he is taking over the role of Harry Dangle in the West End play One Man, Two Guvnors with Rufus Hound.
  • Options
    Joe1500Joe1500 Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I've read that even family oriented hotels in Benidorm are blighted by stag & hen dos. Best comment I read is that Benidorm is a concrete jungle by the sea with a bit of sun! Love the TV show though.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »

Aww - I love Noreen. And Gavin, who also isn't returning.

But I really like Kenneth - who is back, so :)
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a photo of Noreen on Derren Littens twitter last week so perhaps she is there
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Tim healy was quoted in the newcastle evening chronicle today as saying

"I’ve just come back from Benidorm filming the new series, it comes out in January, and it’s as mad as ever.”

So looks like next year for the new series

Link here if anyone wants it. Only a very small mention of benidorm
    http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/auf-wiedersehen-pet-stars-reunite-5135629
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed that this Series is a s good as Series 3.
  • Options
    Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if ill enjoy this series without Gavin or Noreen. I don't like the Dykes from what I've seen of them either.
  • Options
    Trmcg5Trmcg5 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed that this Series is a s good as Series 3.

Thank you for the link btw.
    I agree that Benidorm went downhill from series 3. Series 4 was dire
  • Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trmcg5 wrote: »
    Thank you for the link btw.
    I agree that Benidorm went downhill from series 3. Series 4 was dire

I see Ken Morley is in it – I hope he is just passing through.

Edit: just googled and seen that Ken Morley plays Herbert a hairdresser. Could be OK.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll miss Gavin, one of my faves. But Jesus wept, Perry Benson?!?!?! He makes Sherry Hewson seem like Dame Judi. He better not ruin it for me, haha.
  • Options
    RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am SO excited! :D
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Benidorm is ace, great to have it back. And to celebrate, we've just had Paella for our tea :)
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this, however I can't help but feel I am going to be bitterly disappointed. Derren Litten's new comedy 'The Spa' was pretty dire and the last series of Benidorm wasn't that great either. Still, fingers crossed :)