Options

Sally Traffic on Simon Mayo

occasional postoccasional post Posts: 6,443
Forum Member
I notice that for the past couple of weeks Sally hasn't been part of the "collective" when doing the confessions - Alan Deddicoat is on instead.
Also Sally seems to be absent on Fridays - anyone know why?

Comments

• Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,881
    Forum Member
    Sally doesn't work on Fridays at all, Bobbie Prior usually covers the afternoon shift on Fridays as well as Saturdays and Sundays.

Sally usually interacts just before she reads her travel reports. I thought Sally was Mother Superior on the confessions so can't understand why she's no longer included.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Simon Mayo enjoyed Sally on him. :D
  • Options
    6262 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    That last post makes no sense!
  • Options
    thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    62 wrote: »
    That last post makes no sense!

the title of the thread is Sally Traffic on Simon Mayo, and the post states that Simon Mayo probably enjoys having Sally Traffic on him.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    I bet Simon Mayo enjoyed Sally on him. :D
    I bet he did!;):D
  • Options
    spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am curious about Mother superior's absence too, last night it was just Sister Rebecca and Brother Matt. It seems similar to the way Fran Godfrey suddenly stopped participating in Wogan's breakfast show.
  • Options
    thelockupthelockup Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    perhaps the traffic / news people are getting too involved at auntie beeb has to start paying them extra? so she has said just do traffic / news so we can keep cost down.
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thelockup wrote: »
    perhaps the traffic / news people are getting too involved at auntie beeb has to start paying them extra? so she has said just do traffic / news so we can keep cost down.

I can't imagine Sally's participation in Mayo's Confessions slot is contractual in any way. Perhaps, as Sally also collates the information for the traffic news, it was taking up too much her time being part of the Confessions slot, or, perhaps someone
    who assisted with that compiling has had to be released (to save money) ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Sally doesn't work on Fridays at all, Bobbie Prior usually covers the afternoon shift on Fridays as well as Saturdays and Sundays.

I think thats a fairly recent thing - she did work Fridays at one point
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just think its odd that no one on air has even referred to the fact she isn't there anymore?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC cost cutting. I guess it wasn't Sally idea to take Fridays off. It's been like this for some months too.
  • Options
    Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    I just think its odd that no one on air has even referred to the fact she isn't there anymore?

As others have suggested, there could be all kinds of reasons. In local radio now, weather presenters are shared across multiple regions, which means less time to interact with presenters. It could be something similar - a broadcast assistant being dropped meaning more work for Sally's core job. There's no reason for the BBC to openly publicise what is a relatively small issue.
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do have noticed 'Mother Superior' has not been doing the confessions slot, and wondered why this might be the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As others have suggested, there could be all kinds of reasons. In local radio now, weather presenters are shared across multiple regions, which means less time to interact with presenters. It could be something similar - a broadcast assistant being dropped meaning more work for Sally's core job. There's no reason for the BBC to openly publicise what is a relatively small issue.
    I agree its not a big issue but "Mother Superior" was part of the collective and people are wondering why she has gone. Even if they said "she's just far too busy with the new pope" or something would help! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Duncarff was on Friday afternoon ( always thought he was strange to be a traffic reporter, seems to over educated, never mind )- and Bobbi in for Lynn Bowles all week
  • Options
    pjexpjex Posts: 9,423
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Nick Duncarff was on Friday afternoon ( always thought he was strange to be a traffic reporter, seems to over educated, never mind )- and Bobbi in for Lynn Bowles all week

How can you tell someone's education from how they read travel news? Or is it an assumption that if you don't have a strong accent you are well educated?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bobbi given a day of yesterday but she's back today with Graham as she's very much part of the team on his show.

Former Capital girl Lou ........ (Can't remember her surname) was covering last year but haven't heard her for a while now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bobbi given a day of yesterday but she's back today with Graham as she's very much part of the team on his show.

Former Capital girl Lou ........ (Can't remember her surname) was covering last year but haven't heard her for a while now.

Lou Pepper, just remembered
  • Options
    spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou Pepper, just remembered

Is that a posh way of saying Andrex?:D
  • Options
    PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely someone must know why Sally is no longer involved with the confessions :eek:. Could it be that she never really understood them :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Pubcrawler wrote: »
    Surely someone must know why Sally is no longer involved with the confessions :eek:. Could it be that she never really understood them :confused:

I don't see why only singling out her not understanding the confessions would stop her contribution. :D
  • Options
    PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve P wrote: »
    I don't see why only singling out her not understanding the confessions would stop her contribution. :D

Totally agree with you but would love to know the real reason :confused: