Options

Is there a clip of of the Vanessa/Sally faux pas?

6262 Posts: 295
Forum Member
Mirror
I know this is old news but does a clip still exist of this unguarded 'off-air' comment?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I had no idea about the incident, but it would explain a slightly frosty relationship between them, when Sally has the misfortune to be on the same show as the gushing, self regarding, ignorant cow. Feltz always seems to have a back handed dig at Sally, or is other women in general? Insecure is she? I can't imagine why..being a size 12 goddess that she is.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she have to be scripted how to say Hello to Sally or others? It shows that Radio 2 should have real DJ's who know how to run Radio shows without producers telling them how to do it.
  • Options
    6262 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Steve P wrote: »
    I had no idea about the incident, but it would explain a slightly frosty relationship between them, when Sally has the misfortune to be on the same show as the gushing, self regarding, ignorant cow. Feltz always seems to have a back handed dig at Sally, or is other women in general? Insecure is she? I can't imagine why..being a size 12 goddess that she is.
    I'm no lover of Vanessa but let's not forget Sally's got form in the diva department too.

They are 2 alpha females and were destined never to rub along!

BTW, unusually this week Lynn and Sally have both been off at the same time (Louise Pepper & Bobbie Prior covering).
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Does she have to be scripted how to say Hello to Sally or others? It shows that Radio 2 should have real DJ's who know how to run Radio shows without producers telling them how to do it.

Was she asking to be scripted here? Looks to me like she was just double checking the running order with a producer. There will probably be a prefered station style for these junctions and as it's not her show she wanted to check. Thats the job of a producer.

Sounds like she drives her own desk though (otherwise this isn't her fault) so as she self ops does this not give her access to your "proper" radio presenters club?

I personally think she's an awful presenter but this is such a non story it's pathetic. Sounds like it was barley an insult really and not worth space in a paper. What the story really says is 2 women broadcasters don't like each other. Shock Horror this happens at most stations with 2 or more girls on air.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    Was she asking to be scripted here? Looks to me like she was just double checking the running order with a producer. There will probably be a prefered station style for these junctions and as it's not her show she wanted to check. Thats the job of a producer.

Sounds like she drives her own desk though (otherwise this isn't her fault) so as she self ops does this not give her access to your "proper" radio presenters club?

I personally think she's an awful presenter but this is such a non story it's pathetic. Sounds like it was barley an insult really and not worth space in a paper. What the story really says is 2 women broadcasters don't like each other. Shock Horror this happens at most stations with 2 or more girls on air.

She doesn't drive the desk.
  • Options
    Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    She doesn't drive the desk.

Like I said I can't see the issue here, she was double checking the next item on an unfamiliar running order. That's exactly what any cover jock no matter how experienced they are. I do exactly the same when I cover a different show.