pity there was no Roisin taxi speech

essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
Forum Member
she wasn't in the mood to talk prob:(

Comments

• jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the taxi scenes not filmed in advance?

Though, having said that, Katie looked near to tears in her's so maybe not...
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    There was wasn't there?
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The getting into the taxi bit is filmed in advance but obviously the monologue in the taxi isn't. How could it be - they tend to talk about something relevant to their firing.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah them getting into the taxi is all filmed prior to the start of the series. Daniel practically had a beard when he was fired and then was clean shaven getting into the cab
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was wasn't there?

No - LS fired her, sent the remaining three outside and he then did a voiceover about Roisin not understanding the food market over pictures of her getting into the taxi. It then cut back to LS talking about Bianca's business idea ("...It's got legs").

Bit unfair really as the 'taxi speech' is a permanent fixture of the show...
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Bit unfair really as the 'taxi speech' is a permanent fixture of the show...

Perhaps she had a lift instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    Yeah them getting into the taxi is all filmed prior to the start of the series. Daniel practically had a beard when he was fired and then was clean shaven getting into the cab

He was also wearing jeans on his way to the Taxi, I noticed. The inside-taxi speech on the other hand is post being fired.

It makes sense that the footage walking to the taxi is recorded cause they are shown carrying a tiny suitcase... By no means these guys entered the process with as many clothes as can fit in a hand-luggage suitcase.
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dission wrote: »
    He was also wearing jeans on his way to the Taxi, I noticed. The inside-taxi speech on the other hand is post being fired.

It makes sense that the footage walking to the taxi is recorded cause they are shown carrying a tiny suitcase... By no means these guys entered the process with as many clothes as can fit in a hand-luggage suitcase.

And you can tell the suitcases are empty.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I wondered why there was no taxi interview. Perhaps she was too upset to talk.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just assumed they didn't include it for time reasons. I do wish we had one from her, though.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She couldn't speak, she was too busy continually running her tongue over her front teeth in that really irritating manner, as she does every time it's not "All hail Queen Roisin"

Don't get me wrong, I really like her (God, I would!), but she was doing that throughout the last episode and I found it really offputting.
  • BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From memory, taxi speeches in the interview episode almost never occur anyway. The only one I can recall off the top of my head before this year was all the way back in Series 6, which was probably warranted by Stuart's legendary firing.

If anything, the question should probably be why Solomon did get a taxi speech.
  • telly_addict1telly_addict1 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    she said she felt it was the right time for her to leave in the You're Fired show afterwards, Dara asked her to emphasise and she said yes absolutely it was my time to leave, I felt after hearing that she recognised that yes perhaps my BP was not right to LAS and would have said that in the taxi, I don't see her slagging off any of the other candidates, she didn't feel anyone had back stabbed her or didn't deserve to be still in the process, or it could just be now that she is out of the program someone else has come forward to give her financing for the business and she's come to terms with not getting the 250k from LAS, because she's either got more finance already from another source or its given her a chance to adjust her BP and go smaller and secure the finance from a bank.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Roisin but the last show really highlighted her shortcomings. To go from nowt to a global enterprise in 2 months?

but much worse, after assuming she would get £250k from Sugar is then proposing to go to a bank for £500k more:D No wonder Sugar did a runner
  • somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who chooses the smart overcoat and obligatory scarf look for the taxi scene? Is this an Apprentice cliche, as everyone does it, every season?
  • keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's to cover up whatever they're wearing for the sake of continuity as they don't know what they'll be wearing when they're fired..