Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 21)

Comments

• IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to Finn's and Sinaed's biological dad?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    it seems half of hollyoaks is gay and sexually promiscuous these days.

Yep. Five, six characters is half the cast.
    See DS, moronic comments like this is why we need **rolls eyes** back!
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    IWasBored wrote: »
    What happened to Finn's and Sinaed's biological dad?

Made a new family with another woman elsewhere.
  • doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silent Night

Can someone please tell me who sang this version? I watched the omnibus edition last weekend and it played during that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. The show I used to love is becoming a shadow of its former self. I find it hard to care about Fraser/Grace/any of the Roscoes. Why is Mercedes following around Trevor? It is so not her, she should be making him follow the click of her heels. And especially the man who planned her mother's death and made her sister flee the country? Please!

Liking the Carmel stuff but Grace/Fraser heavily dominated tonight's episodes. Tonight's E4 was the Christmas Eve episode, but I found it really hard to care about what was happening. Only five of the characters who featured in that episode were here this time last year - Mercedes, Carmel, Theresa, Sinead and Jim.

Last year's "Christmas Day" episode with the McQueens was amazing, one of the best episodes of the year. This one looks like it's going to be disappointingly poor in comparison.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercedes only cares about herself, she doesn't give two shits that Trevor planned her mother's death or that Jacqui had to leave (all of which was her fault) its typical Mercy, I think she's running after him because despite saying she's over Dr B she's not.

I like the Roscoes, just hope Fraser finds out and either dies or goes to prison.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that they are not showing Hollyoaks on Christmas Day or New Year's Day, it would be simpler if they just dropped an episode on both days rather than having double bills on C4 or E4 on an adjacent day.

I am still unsure whether Leela will be in the E4 episode on Monday. I hope she will as it will be actress Kirsty-Leigh Porter's birthday. I could share a little secret with you here.
    I have been looking forward to Kirsty-Leigh's birthday more than Christmas Day. :);-)
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    It was a let down that Robbie had the card, what is he doing going into his brother's bedroom and opening a card addressed to Joe anyway? Lynsey would be a better choice, she knows about Freddie being in love with her and then we could see Lynsey have it out with Sinead.

I can't believe that Robbie asked Sinead what was wrong, when he was blackmailing her into having sex with him. But what was Sinead thinking? Freddie knows she wrote the card, so why couldn't she wait until she could get into contact with him? Robbie was on his way to watch the football with his brothers, so why didn't she let him go and then try and track down Freddie? And did she really think that Robbie would destroy his family with this?

I am glad that Nancy knows about Ziggy and Frankie, I really hope that this comes out and Jack leaves her. Frankie is a awful woman, she isn't even taking blame for what she did.. twice!

And talking of Nancy, Darren gets told that she has brain damage. Not long after Nancy grabs his hand, then she looks at her son, then she is very alert and communicating through cards and by the end of the episode speaks! No-one does recoveries like soaps do. (I really wish the rolleyes smilie was working) Although I did like the Ruby and Nancy scenes.

I am really not a fan of the gangsters in the show, they are taking over and it is involving too many other characters. At least with the others it was a smaller group and at least one was likeable.

I am still not believing Mercedes friendship with Cindy or Lynsey.

Better episodes than the Christmas one.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I hate the fact that they are trying to make us feel more sympathetic towards the completely odious Robbie by having him behave in an exceedingly obnoxious fashion and then showing some small sign of 'remorse'. Well, I'm not buying what they're selling. Robbie is irredeemable in my eyes.
    Forum Member
    I agree, I rolled my eyes when he started to show some remorse, knowing that soon he will be back to targeting JP and who knows how far he would have gone with Sinead if he hadn't seen that picure.
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole card thing with Sinead was totally pointless and seemed like a rather clunky plot devicey way of establishing that Robbie wouldn't take advantage of someone sexually. He's a violent, nasty little thug and a homophobic bully, but ultimately draws the line at forcing someone into doing anything sexual, and this will be important in the Finn and JP rape storyline.
    Forum Member
    Good post, I never connected the two.

But Robbie having a line he wont cross doesn't mean much when he still happy to accuse people of abusing him and then bullies others and threatens to ruin their lives. If they are going to keep him going, they will have to do a lot to redeem him.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Robbie realazing what would happen if this card Sinead written about Freddie loving Joe's girlfriend Lynesy what it would do so to his family and what Freddie do to Robbie is something he doesn't want and he sure doesn't want to start a war with his family.

Robbie backed down from his blackmailing Sinead for now, he cam still use this information against Sinead any time he wants for other things and Robbie still can use the info Sinead being in the truck with him when they hit Finn against her next time when he feels like it.
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It means he won't be party to the rape, or will be so horrified by it that he starts to question his own homophobic and bullying behaviour towards JP leading up to it, and his pernicious influence over Finn and whether he could have done anything to stop it. It could be his road to redemption, I suppose. I don't know whether he can be redeemed, though.

Or I could be totally wrong. Just a thought really.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    It means he won't be party to the rape, or will be so horrified by it that he starts to question his own homophobic and bullying behaviour towards JP leading up to it, and his pernicious influence over Finn and whether he could have done anything to stop it. It could be his road to redemption, I suppose. I don't know whether he can be redeemed, though.

Or I could be totally wrong. Just a thought really.
    Oh, I have no doubt that's the thinking behind it. They can't make me like him, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I think the timing of the romance with Phoebe is supposed to humanize him and endear us to him as well. Phoebe will find out how much he's had a hand in twisting Finn, and that'll make for even more drama going on.

It's just too hard to care though. It's not like I wish I could like Robbie, so it's just wasted effort as far as I'm concerned.

The whole storyline's too hard to take seriously too. Going to be difficult to take Robbie's stuff seriously when it's directly a part of a storyline that's completely ridiculous.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to catch up on the e4 eps, reading some of the posts it seems Robbie just loves to hate people. I would like to see a romance with Phoebe, he actually seems nice around her and I like seeing that nice side to him.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    I could share a little secret with you here.
    I have been looking forward to Kirsty-Leigh's birthday more than Christmas Day. :);-)

Umm...why?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    dee123 wrote: »
    Yep. Five, six characters is half the cast.
    See DS, moronic comments like this is why we need **rolls eyes** back!

Tilly
    Esther
    Ste
    John Paul
    Danny
    George
    Vincent
    Chloe

eight out of about 40, so about a fifth of the cast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great NYE episode. The focus is much better being centred on the Osbornes. Ruby stuff was brilliant, couldn't get enough. I thought I'd hate the Tilly storyline but the acting is making it enjoyable for me. Loving Esther in it too.

So Fraser's house and Mercedes' £500,000 from that big storyline we had are all gone, all for the sake of....Grace. Was it worth it? I find it hard to care for her. If this was Clare, the storyline would still make sense but I would have cared because I liked and had interest in Clare.
    I think Grace could have worked alongside Clare too, as the protective big sister, if they really wanted this Grace character. Would have been a very Anna and Nina Williams dynamic I imagine, if there's any Tekken fans on here.

Jim is such an unethical lawyer.

There were so many threats in the past few episodes as well, they're pushing it a bit.

Why did Jason suddenly care about whispered conversations and phone calls when they usually go unnoticed in the Roscoe household? Liked the Sinead/Robbie twist and didn't see it coming, glad she didn't go through with it.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is fraser blaming mercy for clares death. Was she even there when she died? I thought frankie lost control of the car and hit clare.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Why is fraser blaming mercy for clares death. Was she even there when she died? I thought frankie lost control of the car and hit clare.

It was Browning who hit Claire with the car in order to save Mercy who was having a fight with Claire.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Browning who hit Claire with the car in order to save Mercy who was having a fight with Claire.

Oh right thats right. I didn't realise mercy was there though.
  • KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly said she lost her virginity to Jason, but wasn't she sleeping with Callum?? They've totally rewritten her character it seems.
  • flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    KMX wrote: »
    Holly said she lost her virginity to Jason, but wasn't she sleeping with Callum?? They've totally rewritten her character it seems.

I don't think she actually slept with Callum. They were going to during Hollyoaks Later but I don't think they actually went through with it. Holly was annoyed that Callum couldn't tell her that he loved her.